The Miele S168 offers consumers another option from the company’s catalog. Miele has been making products for over 80 years. A company that lasts that long must be doing a few things right and anyone who has purchased a Miele vacuum knows what those things are. The S168 Universal upright vacuum offers an effective cleaning tool that will last. The benefits begin with the product’s durable German design and quality construction.
The S168 is equipped with a 1,000 watt motor that works very well for all manner of household jobs, offering plenty of suction power for many homes. Each unit is built with a convenient electronic variable speed control to give the consumer more options while they clean. This model also includes a HEPA filtration system that can remove 99.97% of all particles that are as small as .3 microns. This allows the vacuum to thoroughly clean carpets and help prevent dust and other particles from becoming airborne and floating throughout the home.
Miele’s S168 Universal upright vacuum is designed to include an entirely sealed system. This prevents any dust or debris from escaping before it reaches the exhaust filter. The unit is intended for many surface types, from low to medium carpets to smooth flooring. An optional power brush accessory can also be used to offer a deeper clean when needed.
What did customers who bought Miele’s S168 Universal upright vacuum like?
- A compact, lightweight design makes it easy to use, store and transport the Miele S168.
- The unit can be used with electrically powered brushes offering versatility while cleaning.
- A HEPA filtration system is included and helps remove a great deal of dust and debris from carpeting and floors.
- Works effectively, even in homes with multiple pets. Consumers with pets noticed that the Miele S168 was capable of picking up significant fur from carpets.
What did Miele’s S168 Universal customers dislike?
- The power cord was a bit on the short side. Although an extension cord can be added, a longer factory power cord would be a big plus.
- Will require the use of another vacuum, such as a canister model, for heavy duty jobs.
- The power on and off button felt flimsy and cheaply made. Could use an improvement to compliment the sturdy design of the rest of the unit.