The Miele S5980 Capricorn canister vacuum is another gem in the company’s extensive product catalog. This unit includes an active HEPA filter system that helps allergy sufferers get relief in their homes simply by vacuuming regularly. The system will not remove all airborne debris from every room, but it can make a marked improvement when used often. HEPA equipped vacuums are ideal for homes with pets or consumers with an interest in improving overall air quality for their family.
The Capricorn’s HEPA filter system is complimented by the sealed system design that is found in many other Miele products. This design prevents debris from leaving the unit and re-entering the home. The sealed system is a great way to help optimize the potential of the HEPA filter used in the vacuum for an overall design intended to completely clean and improve the environment inside the home
Miele has packaged the Capricorn canister vacuum with additional features including a three parquet twister floor brush and the SEB236 power brush. Consumers are given a 21 foot power cord length and seven foot hose length as well as a crevice nozzle, dusting brush, and upholstery tool to reach those difficult spaces where dust and often settle.
What did customers who bought Miele’s S5980 Capricorn canister vacuum like?
- A compact, lightweight design that makes it much easier to get deep down into tight spaces and hard to reach locations where dirt and debris could be hiding.
- A wonderful vacuum to help alleviate the symptoms of allergies and improve air quality thanks to the HEPA filter and closed system design.
- Does an excellent job in heavily trafficked areas in the home. The Capricorn can handle just about any household cleaning task.
- A strong motor helps the Capricorn lift dirt and debris from carpeting and furniture, even in areas that pets and children frequently use.
What did Miele’s S5980 Capricorn canister vacuum customers dislike?
- The Miele Capricorn canister vacuum suffers from one of the most common issues among other Miele products: an intimidating price tag that causes some consumers to search elsewhere for their next vacuum purchase.
- The canister vacuum design is not ideal for everyone. Consumers who are accustomed to the standard upright construction may have difficulties adjusting to a canister vacuum.
- Filter and bag changes can get a bit expensive in the long run, especially in homes with children or pets that require frequent use of the Capricorn canister vacuum.