Miele’s Libra vacuum utilizes a canister design with a few trademark touches that have made the manufacturer so popular. High on that list is a durable German design and quality construction intended to give the Libra a long life span. Even though Miele products tend to cost more than economical brands, they often provide consumers with many years (sometimes more than a decade) of use.
The Libra canister vacuum includes a sealed system that prevents dirt and debris from escaping during use and storage. This also keeps the dirt from finding its way back out into the home again, which is a big plus for allergy sufferers. On board storage is very important to some consumers, and Miele offers it with the Libra. The three integrated tools included can be stored right on the vacuum. This eliminates the need for extra storage or the chances of a lost piece later on, which is a big plus.
The Miele Libra canister vacuum is also equipped with a powerful 1,200 watt Vortex motor that is a popular component in many of the company’s products. The Vortex system is known for being strong, durable and capable of significant suction. Additional features include a safety overheating shut off, dust bag change indicator, and ergonomic handle.
What did customers who bought Miele’s S5281 Libra canister vacuum like?
- Long life span that is often associated with many Miele products because of their quality German design.
- Excellent maneuverability to get under and around furniture and other common obstacles in the home.
- Effortless operation that is very easy to push and requires minimal strength to get a good clean quickly without breaking a sweat.
- The powerful Vortex motor which has become a highly sought trademark in the Miele line of home vacuum cleaners.
- The generally compact design makes it easy to lift and move the Libra canister vacuum. Its size and weight also make it easy to store in closets or elsewhere without straining your back.
What did Miele’s S5281 Libra canister vacuum customers dislike?
- The Miele Libra canister vacuum is a little pricy compared to other models, which seems to be a trend with many of the company’s products.
- Not everyone loves the canister design, which can be a little frustrating for anyone who prefers the stiff upright design.
- Even though the Libra weighs less than many other vacuum models, it can be tricky to move over thick carpeting and other obstacles.