The attractive S5280 Pisces canister vacuum by Miele is a popular choice for many consumers who prefer to deviate from the common upright design. This model includes a HEPA filter system that can remove up to 99.97% of all particles as small as .3 microns from air and carpeting. Families that include allergy sufferers or households with multiple pets can really appreciate the capabilities of the HEPA system. The Pisces is also an excellent choice for homes that have odor issues because this unit can trap undesirable smells and offer a better overall clean that improves the overall atmosphere in your home.
Much like many other Miele products, the Pisces canister vacuum is fitted with a 1,200 watt Vortex high output motor system, a trademark feature of Miele vacuums. This design is known for offering excellent power and great suction as well as a long life span to keep the vacuum in good working order for many, many years.
The Pisces canister vacuum is also equipped with a unique sound insulation that works with the vacuum’s new silence setting to diminish sound output to the lowest possible level. This is a very valuable feature for households with multiple people or those who live in shared buildings such as an apartment or town home. Other features include a six power setting rotary dial control and the 205-3 Turbo power nozzle.
What did customers who bought Miele’s S5280 Pisces canister vacuum like?
- The HEPA filter and great suction power of the Pisces canister vacuum makes it ideal for homes where pets and allergy sufferers coexist.
- No unpleasant exhaust which means more debris is making it into the vacuum rather than back into the air.
- Most attachments can be stored right on the unit so they are not lost and never have to be stored separately.
- The powered hose gives the brush greater versatility and strength for a better clean.
- A special curtain cleaning setting allows consumers to clean valances and curtains quickly and easily with their Pisces canister vacuum.
What did Miele’s S5280 Pisces customers dislike?
- The power cord was a little on the short side, an addition of five or six feet would be a big improvement. Large spaces may require frequent outlet changes to complete the job.
- Maintenance on the unit can be expensive, especially the HEPA filter bags.
- Pushing the Turbo brush can be very challenging on some floor surfaces.
- The switch design for rewinding and unwinding the cord are not conveniently placed. They can be very difficult to use without causing the vacuum to slip away or fall.