HEPA is a filter that removes up to 99.9% of allergens from the air that passes through it. Because of this, a growing range of top vacuum manufacturers now include HEPA filters in their vacuum cleaners. When air is sucked into the vacuum cleaner, it passes through the filter on the way out of the machine, so that the air being expelled from the vacuum is allergen free. HEPA vacuums are ideal for those who suffer from allergy and/or asthma, as well as any health conscious individual who doesn’t like the idea of breathing in dust mite debris on a daily basis. Below we have listed the HEPA vacuums covered on our site.
Electrolux’s Oxygen canister vacuum is designed to offer modern convenience with an easy to use design. It is also backed by the quality that has made this seasoned manufacturer so popular among consumers. The unit is packaged with a two year warranty and a 1,400 watt motor that powers a low profile power vacuum head for a deeper, more thorough clean. The low profile allows the vacuum to slide easily under furniture and other low hanging spaces that others simply cannot reach.
The Oxygen canister vacuum utilizes a HEPA filter system, which is a very popular commodity on modern vacuum cleaners. HEPA not only removes debris from floors, but helps improve overall air quality by removing airborne allergens and debris while the vacuum is in use. The Oxygen’s auto close S vacuum bag helps stop dust from making its way out of the vacuum and back into your home.
Accessories included with the Oxygen canister vacuum are the dusting brush, upholstery tool, crevice tool and a convenient storage caddy. The brush roll is managed by finger tip controls along with suction power controls built on the vacuum’s handle for easy access. The Oxygen canister vacuum by Electrolux is designed for quality and convenience.
What did customers who bought Electrolux’s Oxygen canister vacuum like?
- Each attachment included with the Oxygen canister vacuum offers a sizable reach that makes them easier to use.
- The overall appearance of the Oxygen canister vacuum is very appealing. Even though this doesn’t improve performance, it is a plus for some consumers.
- Standard bags for the Oxygen canister vacuum are relatively inexpensive, making it an economical choice in the long run.
- The power head and hard floor attachments are easy to use under low spaces, such as floors beneath furniture.
What did Electrolux’s Oxygen canister vacuum customers dislike?
- The Oxygen canister vacuum works well at first, but after about a year (sometimes less), the vacuum seems to have a history of falling apart.
- The pile height adjustment confuses some consumers and must be set correctly or the unit will not work properly. This takes away some of the convenience factor of the Oxygen vacuum.
- The plastic wand included with the Oxygen canister vacuum is noted as being flimsy and may bend when inserted as directed by the instructions.
Since the early 1900s, Electrolux has been producing many household appliances that have turned some consumers into return customers. Another example is the Versatility bagless upright vacuum. The Electrolux EL8502B Versatility vacuum offers consumers 12 AMPs of power that can handle carpeting and smooth floors. This unit includes a two year manufacturer warranty as well as the reliability many consumers have come to expect from this manufacturer.
The Versatility vacuum is packaged with a 14 foot stretch hose for greater reach when cleaning stairs or high surfaces. It is also designed with an on and off motorized brush roll control and edge cleaning bristles that allow consumers to work deep down into commonly missed areas. The one and 1/5th quart dust container gathers debris while the HEPA filter system helps remove allergens and more from air and floors. The presence of the HEPA system makes the Versatility a good option for those with allergies or asthma.
This unit comes with a dusting brush, crevice tool and hand held Turbo tool. The HEPA filter reduces house hold odors while giving floors a thorough cleaning. Many consumers flock to the Versatility’s bagless design, which dramatically reduces the amount of money need to maintain the vacuum after the initial purchase.
What did customers who bought Electrolux’s Versatility bagless upright vacuum like?
- Removing and emptying the collection compartment is very easy and requires only the flip of a lever.
- The Versatility offers a great deal of power that helps keep the suction going at optimum levels in most situations.
- Many consumers with multiple pets in their homes commented that the Versatility was able to keep up with significant pet hair accumulation on floors.
- All included tools can be stored on the vacuum cleaner, making it much easier to keep everything together and store it without losing pieces.
What did Electrolux’s Versatility bagless upright vacuum customers dislike?
- Some consumers had issues with their Versatility vacuum shutting off automatically due to a blockage that they could not find after multiple inspections.
- Repeated returns have been made due to the roller brush malfunctioning and falling apart after only a few months of regular use. This part appears to be a weak spot in the vacuum’s over all design.
- The unit consistently clogs for many consumers. Clearing the various compartments and channels is not easy each time it requires attention.
The Electrolux Oxy3 Ultra canister vacuum is designed to handle many household jobs, from smooth flooring to plush carpeting and more. The unit can safely run on bare wood and laminate flooring as well as traditional carpet. The cleaning capabilities of the Oxy3 Ultra vacuum make it a great choice for consumers in search of a functional all purpose cleaner. This model comes with a two year warranty. The design is functional, but a little heavier than other canister vacuums which could be a negative point for those who have trouble lifting.
The Oxy3 Ultra uses MicroSeal Fresh Air technology that includes a sealed HEPA filter to remove a majority of ultra fine dust and debris from air. The result is not only cleaner floors but cleaner air in the home. HEPA systems are a hot commodity in vacuum cleaners, especially for homes with allergy or asthma sufferers.
Electrolux packages its Oxy3 Ultra canister vacuum with a telescopic wand, crush resistant hose, upholstery brush, crevice tool, floor and wall brush and a dusting brush. The unit is also constructed with a 360 degree swivel design to offer maximum range of motion when using the hose. Finger tip controls positioned on the vacuum’s handle along with the automatic cord rewind function helps make cleaning and storing easier.
What did customers who bought Electrolux’s Oxy3 Ultra canister vacuum like?
- The bare floor attachment included in the Oxy3 Ultra is wider than other similar accessories, making it more convenient to use and reducing total cleaning time needed for smooth floors.
- The telescopic wand can reach under furniture for a more thorough clean every time it is used.
- When using the motorized vacuum head, many consumers noted a great deal of power. In some cases, the vacuum seemed to propel itself to some degree.
- Overall, the canister was easy to maneuver without hitting into furniture or walls and avoiding other obstacles.
What did Electrolux’s Oxy3 Ultra canister vacuum customers dislike?
- A number of consumers reported that their Oxy3 Ultra canister vacuum stopped working after a very short period of time, often only a matter of months.
- The large vacuum head felt bulky to some, making it hard to use and maneuver comfortably. The size was difficult to move around narrow spaces and furniture.
- Some consumers found that the assembly that attaches the power nozzle and wand may fall apart or break over time due to inadequate quality and construction.
Many consumers prefer the upright design, but want something more portable and easier to store. Dyson presents the DC18 Slim all floors cyclone upright vacuum. This unit offers a lightweight design that can easily be carried up stairs and stored in smaller closets and other spaces. Just like other products in the Dyson catalog, the DC18 is also constructed with quality and offers a long life span compared to other vacuum brands.
The DC18 is constructed with a lifetime HEPA filter system that eliminates the need to purchase additional filters. The HEPA system removes a great deal of airborne allergens and debris, expelling clean air back into your home. A lifetime filter dramatically reduces the cost required to keep the DC18 in good working order, which is a big plus for consumers who are on the fence about the price of a Dyson vacuum.
The DC18 offers a total of 200 air watts of cleaning power. This unit is also equipped with a long 25 foot power cord and 4/9 gallon collection compartment that can be emptied by pushing a single button. The DC18 is backed by a five year warranty and includes an on and off brush bar that extends to reach higher surfaces and stairs.
What did customers who bought Dyson’s DC18 Slim All Floors upright vacuum like?
- Storing the DC18 Slim is made much easier by its size. The unit is about a third smaller than the average full size vacuum cleaner.
- Dyson’s DC18 is equipped with a narrow head, which allows it to access narrow spaces and get under and behind heavy furniture with ease.
- This unit includes the strong suction power that has become an expectation of most Dyson models, even though it weighs less.
- The included crevice tool is made to be durable and is an ideal size and shape for taking care of narrow spaces and base boards.
What did Dyson’s DC18 Slim All Floors upright vacuum customers dislike?
- After about two months of use, some consumers found that the stand included with the DC18 stops working and the unit will not stand on its own. As more time passes, this issue became worse.
- The Dyson DC18 makes a lot of noise, primarily an irritating whistling sound that some consumers found very unpleasant and disruptive.
- After multiple uses, some consumers found that the beater bar did not function as well and began leaving clumps of dirt and hair behind that had to be picked up after vacuuming.
Consistent, powerful suction is one of the strong points of almost any Dyson vacuum model. The DC07 All Floors Cyclone upright vacuum is another example of Dyson’s quality and eye for effective design. The unit is equipped with Dyson’s trademark cyclonic system that helps maintain suction for optimum cleaning power every time the vacuum is used. Many consumers return to Dyson because of the reliability and unfaltering suction power of its products.
The DC07 is constructed with a HEPA filter system that is certified as asthma friendly. Dyson’s HEPA filters have been known to help remove 99.99% of debris from the air, making your home more breathable as well as clean. Every time the Dyson DC07 is used, the air taken in through the vacuum is effectively cleaned and sent back out nearly 100% free of airborne allergens such as dust and pollen. The HEPA system is a must have for homes with allergy sufferers and pets.
Additional accessories packaged with the DC07 include a 17 foot long hose, dusting brush, upholstery attachment and crevice tool for narrow spaces. The unit is designed to be bag free to keep long term maintenance costs down. It is also packaged with a five year warranty courtesy of Dyson.
What did customers who bought Dyson’s DC07 All Floors Cyclone upright vacuum like?
- The DC07 is packaged with a sizable 25 foot power cord that allows it to reach across large rooms or into multiple rooms before an outlet change is required.
- Emptying the collection compartment is very fast and easy and makes the overall vacuuming experience far more convenient.
- The lifetime HEPA filter is a nice bonus that eliminates the extra expense of buying filters or vacuum bags.
- Strong suction is a great feature offered by the DC07, and it is made even better by the minimal noise output experienced during normal operation.
What did Dyson’s DC07 All Floors Cyclone upright vacuum customers dislike?
- Some consumers complained that the Dyson DC07 does not come with a headlight feature like other high end vacuums do.
- Negative experiences have been reported when consumer had to contact Dyson’s customer support to make good on product warranty promises.
- Consumers found that multiple parts broke over a short period of time with the DC07. In some cases parts that have been replaced broke again and required a third replacement part to get the unit functioning again.
The Dyson brand is associated with many products, but some of these deviate away from the standard upright vacuum design. Dyson satisfies fans of the canister vacuum with its DC21 Stowaway model. This vacuum cleaner utilizes a canister set up and equips it with all the popular features that have made Dyson so desirable. The unit maintains constant and even suction power, even after a long period of use and comes with a durable design many consumers love.
The Dyson DC21 Stowaway canister vacuum comes with 220 air watts of power and a power cord that measures over 16 feet long. This model is also equipped with a 4/9 gallon collection bin and conveniently compact design that is ideal for storage in smaller spaces. Dyson has also backed up its DC21 Stowaway with a five year warranty. Most consumers find they do not need to use the warranty, but it is there just in case.
The DC21 is packaged with a hard floor tool that extends for use on stairs and elevated surfaces. An on and off brush bar enhances cleaning potential along with the lifetime HEPA filter. Through the HEPA system, the Dyson DC21 can remove a great deal of particles and allergens from the air sucked in through the vacuum.
What did customers who bought Dyson’s DC21 Stowaway canister vacuum like?
- The extreme suction power offered by a Dyson turns many apprehensive customers into long time Dyson buyers.
- The DC21 Stowaway cleans air as well as carpets through its highly effective HEPA filter system.
- Emptying and cleaning of the dust collection compartment is simple and convenient, reducing the amount of time needed to finish the job.
- The unit is not as loud as most other vacuums. There is some noise, but noise output in general is low with a Dyson model.
What did Dyson’s DC21 Stowaway customers dislike?
- The Dyson DC21 is constructed primarily of plastic pieces. Over time, these can become damaged or cracked and hinder the vacuum’s ability to collect dust securely.
- Some consumers found that the hose accessory included was a problematic weak point. It would sometimes break apart and become unusable after a short period of time.
- Not everyone likes the canister vacuum design. Some consumers complained that the DC21 in particular had trouble rolling over carpeting and other obstacles, possibly due to the small wheels attached to the canister base.
For decades, Dyson has drawn in consumers with the promise of a better quality vacuum. In many ways, the company manages to deliver on its promise. The DC33 multi floor cleaner is another example of Dyson innovation and quality hard at work in a functional household appliance that many consumers love. This unit requires no extra expenses for regular use. There are no replacement vacuum bag purchases required to keep the Dyson DC33 up and running.
Dyson has equipped its DC33 with a lifetime HEPA filter that can be washed regularly so it stays functional and effective. This is a great thing for two reasons. First, HEPA filter costs can add up over time as multiple replacement filters are purchased. Second, the presence of the HEPA system gives the DC33 an edge in homes with allergy sufferers. Dyson vacuums are known for being capable of removing 99.99% of dust and debris particles that enter it thanks to its effective HEPA filter system.
The DC33 is also designed to be lightweight for easy use and transportation. This unit includes a telescopic reach wand. Just like other Dyson models, it is also a preferred choice because it experiences no suction loss, even after a long period of regular use. The Dyson DC33 is an excellent choice for consumers who want a long lasting product that will clean their carpets and reduce airborne allergens in their home.
What did customers who bought Dyson’s DC33 multi floor vacuum like?
- The collection canister can hold a large capacity of dirt and debris, which reduces the amount of times the consumer must stop to empty it.
- Very quiet when in use. There is minimal sound output with the Dyson DC33, making it an excellent choice for households with young children or pets who are frightened by the vacuum cleaner.
- The included hose is very long which makes it much easier to use the attachments in harder to reach locations and elevated spaces.
What did Dyson’s DC33 multi floor customers dislike?
- The hose and wand can be a bit cumbersome to use, taking away some of the convenience of the added reach. The unit may also topple to one side when using the wand.
- Dyson’s DC33 is heavier than many other similar modes. The added weight can make it a challenge to carry up and down stairs or transport outside of the home.
- The unit’s head piece is very high and requires more than a few inches of clearance, which makes it impossible to use under many couches and other low furniture.
The Dirt Devil Dynamite Plus upright vacuum offers consumers an upright model with a convenient lightweight design. The unit weighs in at less than 8 pounds total, making it an ideal option for elderly individuals or anyone who may have trouble carrying a heavier vacuum cleaner. It includes the Dynapower design, which his listed at a 26.0 cleaning effectiveness rating. It is designed to handle both carpeting and smooth flooring with equal effectiveness.
Dirt Devil created the Dynamite Plus upright vacuum as a simple solution for everyday household use. It comes with a handful of features, including an easy to empty dirt compartment and effective HEPA filter system that can help improve overall air quality in the home. Each time the vacuum is used, the HEPA filter will help remove dirt and debris and reduce the amount of airborne allergens that make it back into your home.
The Dynamite Plus upright vacuum is packaged with a stretch hose and basic on board tools that can be easily stored with the unit, eliminating the need for a separate container. A 30 foot power cord offers a sizable reach so consumers have to unplug and plug the unit less often when vacuuming multiple rooms.
What did customers who bought Dirt Devil’s Dynamite Plus upright vacuum like?
- The lightweight design makes the Dynamite Plus upright vacuum easy enough for a small child to use. It’s a great choice for older individuals or anyone who has experienced trouble lifting larger models.
- Powerful suction helps the Dynamite Plus work effectively without the need for a larger model.
- The handle is designed to retract so the Dynamite Plus is very easy to store in a small space.
- Dirt Devil’s Dynamite Plus vacuum works on many different types of debris, from sand to pet hair and dirt. It’s a great choice for homes that include children or pets.
What did Dirt Devil’s Dynamite Plus customers dislike?
- The noise output on this unit is rather high, which can make it unsuitable during certain times (such as vacuuming in the evening when others may be sleeping). Noise can also disturb napping children or frighten pets during use.
- Exhaust is blown out of the Dynamite Plus upright while in use which can kick up dust and blow light objects around while vacuuming.
- The Dynamite Plus does not offer a very low profile, which can make it difficult to slide under furniture and other objects in the home.
Dirt Devil offers the Vision Turbo canister vacuum as another option for fans of the canister design. This unit provides an appealing combination of features, accessories and price. The Vision Turbo vacuum is equipped with a 12 AMP motor that helps keep dirt and debris passing through the unit’s HEPA filter system. The HEPA system is designed to remove 99.9% of all allergens and dust particles in the home, making it an excellent choice for homes with allergy sufferers or significant dust and dander issues.
Dirt Devil’s Vision Turbo canister vacuum uses a bagless design that is optimized for carpeting, smooth flooring and other surfaces as well as homes with pets. The removal of a disposable bag reduces the long term costs associated with the Vision Turbo, making it an economical choice for many consumers. A 20 foot power cord is included.
Accessories include crevice tool, upholstery tool, dusting tool, turbo power hand brush, carpet nozzle and floor nozzle. The unit is also backed by a two year warranty that covers the motor and parts, and helps reassure indecisive consumers considering the Vision Turbo. This model offers many convenient features in a basic canister vacuum that is, for the most part, economical.
What did customers who bought Dirt Devil’s 082700 Vision Turbo canister vacuum like?
- The convenient automatic cord rewind feature makes it much easier to use and store the Dirt Devil Vision Turbo canister vacuum.
- After taking the Vision Turbo home, many consumers loved the quick, painless assembly required to get it ready to use.
- Cleaning dirt and debris from the Dirt Devil Vision Turbo is simple and requires a quick press of a button to access the dirt container and remove it for emptying.
- Excellent balance of price and value compared to other similar units available through other manufacturers.
What did Dirt Devil’s 082700 Vision Turbo customers dislike?
- The HEPA filter may need to be changed often, depending on how frequently the unit is used. This can get very expensive over time when multiple filters are needed every few weeks.
- The overheat function causes the unit to shut off when it gets too hot. While this is a good thing, it tends to overheat rather quickly which can become frustrating and require multiple sessions to finish vacuuming multiple rooms.
- The built in accessory holder is made of plastic and frequently drops accessories. Some consumers reported this lead to the loss of the vacuum’s original accessories.
The attractive S5280 Pisces canister vacuum by Miele is a popular choice for many consumers who prefer to deviate from the common upright design. This model includes a HEPA filter system that can remove up to 99.97% of all particles as small as .3 microns from air and carpeting. Families that include allergy sufferers or households with multiple pets can really appreciate the capabilities of the HEPA system. The Pisces is also an excellent choice for homes that have odor issues because this unit can trap undesirable smells and offer a better overall clean that improves the overall atmosphere in your home.
Much like many other Miele products, the Pisces canister vacuum is fitted with a 1,200 watt Vortex high output motor system, a trademark feature of Miele vacuums. This design is known for offering excellent power and great suction as well as a long life span to keep the vacuum in good working order for many, many years.
The Pisces canister vacuum is also equipped with a unique sound insulation that works with the vacuum’s new silence setting to diminish sound output to the lowest possible level. This is a very valuable feature for households with multiple people or those who live in shared buildings such as an apartment or town home. Other features include a six power setting rotary dial control and the 205-3 Turbo power nozzle.
What did customers who bought Miele’s S5280 Pisces canister vacuum like?
- The HEPA filter and great suction power of the Pisces canister vacuum makes it ideal for homes where pets and allergy sufferers coexist.
- No unpleasant exhaust which means more debris is making it into the vacuum rather than back into the air.
- Most attachments can be stored right on the unit so they are not lost and never have to be stored separately.
- The powered hose gives the brush greater versatility and strength for a better clean.
- A special curtain cleaning setting allows consumers to clean valances and curtains quickly and easily with their Pisces canister vacuum.
What did Miele’s S5280 Pisces customers dislike?
- The power cord was a little on the short side, an addition of five or six feet would be a big improvement. Large spaces may require frequent outlet changes to complete the job.
- Maintenance on the unit can be expensive, especially the HEPA filter bags.
- Pushing the Turbo brush can be very challenging on some floor surfaces.
- The switch design for rewinding and unwinding the cord are not conveniently placed. They can be very difficult to use without causing the vacuum to slip away or fall.
Miele’s S5381 Leo canister vacuum offers a number of convenient features that many consumers love. The unit is equipped with a highly effective HEPA filter system that can do wonders for keeping homes free of airborne allergens and debris that can impact allergies. Households with multiple pets or homes of allergy sufferers can benefit tremendously from a vacuum with a HEPA system. The Leo canister vacuum is also constructed with a 4.76 quart dust bag capacity that is spring loaded and fitted with a self sealing collar to keep dust and debris inside the bag.
Miele has risen in the ranks of home cleaning appliances for many reasons. High on that list is the trademark Vortex motor system, which is also included in the S5381 Leo. The system manages 1,200 watts to provide sufficient power for optimum operation and suction. The German design of all Miele products is another attractive feature that makes some consumers long term Miele customers.
The Leo canister vacuum is also equipped with a 33 foot reach radius and an SEB236 electric power head, SES119 electric hose, SBB300-3 parquet twister floor brush and an SET210 electric stainless steel telescopic wand. The unit’s integrated accessories include a crevice nozzle, dusting brush and upholstery tool to add more options to the Leo’s cleaning repertoire.
What did customers who bought Miele’s S5381 Leo canister vacuum like?
- A great deal of power is offered by the S5381 Leo’s Vortex motor system which is a huge plus for all types of household cleaning purposes.
- The unit has proven effective in homes that include multiple pets and children.
- Exceptionally quiet running during regular operation which helps keep stress levels down in homes and makes it possible to vacuum almost any time without becoming a disturbance.
- The dust bags are equipped with self closing flags that make it easy to remove them without spilling or bringing dust out of the unit back into the home. more economically priced brands.
What did Miele’s S5381 Leo customers dislike?
- The S5381 Leo canister vacuum is priced much like many other Miele products: a bit on the high side. This makes it less attractive in the eyes of some consumers.
- Along with the actual unit, accessories for the Leo canister vacuum can also be very steep in price.
- Some individuals prefer the less unwieldy upright design to the canister vacuum.
The S7289 Jazz upright vacuum by Miele offers consumers a stylish look and excellent functionality in a quality upright. Miele’s signature 1,200 watt Vortex motor system enhances this unit with excellent suction and optimum power, two key areas many consumers focus on when reviewing their next potential vacuum cleaner. Constructed in Germany, the Jazz upright vacuum is built to offer durability and a long life span as well as many convenient features that make cleaning even easier.
The Jazz upright vacuum draws in many consumers with the appeal of no belt changes. This unit is designed with a separate motor that powers the brush roll. The system is also equipped to sense an obstruction in the brush roll and can adjust the rotations per minute accordingly, preventing possible damage before it can happen. In the long run, this can help consumers spend less on vacuum maintenance and repairs.
Another benefit to the S7280 is the sealed system design, a feature present on many Miele models. A sealed system means that the unit is completely closed so dust cannot escape during use. When paired with the HEPA filter system, the sealed design can do wonders for those who have asthma or suffer from allergies. Dust and other particles make it inside the vacuum then to the trash rather than back into your home.
What did customers who bought Miele’s S7280 Jazz upright vacuum like?
- Many consumers adore the silent running that is offered by many Miele products, including the S7280 Jazz upright vacuum.
- The closed design means all dirt and debris winds up in the vacuum’s dust bag and not back in the air or on carpeting and furniture.
- Excellent suction ensures that everything is picked up and nothing is left behind on carpets. Consumers found the Miele Jazz upright collected debris that their previous vacuum missed.
- Convenient maneuverability allows the consumer to easily get in and out of smaller spaces and do their entire floor without hurting their back or moving furniture.
What did Miele’s S7280 Jazz customers dislike?
- The S7280 Jazz upright is solid, but this also adds to the overall weight of the unit which can make it challenge to lift and move. Elderly consumers or those who have problems lifting may do better with a lighter model.
- The hose and power cord positioning on the vacuum could be altered for better convenience. Consumers complained that the cord had to be moved out of the way to access the hose.
- Some consumers also disliked having to hold the vacuum handle while lifting the hose, because if they did not the unit would tilt.
Miele’s Libra vacuum utilizes a canister design with a few trademark touches that have made the manufacturer so popular. High on that list is a durable German design and quality construction intended to give the Libra a long life span. Even though Miele products tend to cost more than economical brands, they often provide consumers with many years (sometimes more than a decade) of use.
The Libra canister vacuum includes a sealed system that prevents dirt and debris from escaping during use and storage. This also keeps the dirt from finding its way back out into the home again, which is a big plus for allergy sufferers. On board storage is very important to some consumers, and Miele offers it with the Libra. The three integrated tools included can be stored right on the vacuum. This eliminates the need for extra storage or the chances of a lost piece later on, which is a big plus.
The Miele Libra canister vacuum is also equipped with a powerful 1,200 watt Vortex motor that is a popular component in many of the company’s products. The Vortex system is known for being strong, durable and capable of significant suction. Additional features include a safety overheating shut off, dust bag change indicator, and ergonomic handle.
What did customers who bought Miele’s S5281 Libra canister vacuum like?
- Long life span that is often associated with many Miele products because of their quality German design.
- Excellent maneuverability to get under and around furniture and other common obstacles in the home.
- Effortless operation that is very easy to push and requires minimal strength to get a good clean quickly without breaking a sweat.
- The powerful Vortex motor which has become a highly sought trademark in the Miele line of home vacuum cleaners.
- The generally compact design makes it easy to lift and move the Libra canister vacuum. Its size and weight also make it easy to store in closets or elsewhere without straining your back.
What did Miele’s S5281 Libra canister vacuum customers dislike?
- The Miele Libra canister vacuum is a little pricy compared to other models, which seems to be a trend with many of the company’s products.
- Not everyone loves the canister design, which can be a little frustrating for anyone who prefers the stiff upright design.
- Even though the Libra weighs less than many other vacuum models, it can be tricky to move over thick carpeting and other obstacles.
For more than eighty years, Miele has been perfecting its product line and raising the bar on the vacuum market. The S5481 Earth vacuum is another addition to its many canister designs. This unit includes power controls that can be set by the consumer, ranging anywhere from 300 watts to 1,200 watts. Regardless of which setting the consumer chooses, the Earth vacuum cleaner is powered by Miele’s trademark motor which is known for its strong, even suction. An automatic power default setting is also available.
Consumers can clean even more at once with the 33 foot reach radius of the Earth canister vacuum. The unit also includes a filter indicator, safety shut off to prevent overheating problems and an overheating lamp. These additions can help consumers prevent damage to their vacuum, which can amount to a product life span and fewer repair services needed for the life of the vacuum.
A number of additional accessories are packaged with the S5481 Earth canister vacuum. Consumers can improve their cleaning capabilities with the dusting brush, crevice tool and upholstery nozzle. Each is designed to manage many different jobs, even difficult to access locations such as behind furniture or between cushions. The Earth canister allows consumers to handle all of their home’s dry surface cleaning needs with a single vacuum.
What did customers who bought Miele’s S5481 Earth canister vacuum like?
- The S5481 Earth vacuum offers a low ground clearance to allow access to even more hard to reach areas in your home.
- Very quiet noise output during operation so vacuuming can be done almost any time without disturbing other individuals in the home.
- Ideal filtration system that catches a majority of dirt and debris and prevents it from finding its way back into your home.
- Convenient cord winder to prevent tangles and make use and storage even easier.
- An overall attractive appearance that is stylish, but not loud or gaudy like other similar vacuum models available through other manufacturers.
What did Miele’s S5481 Earth customers dislike?
- Like many other Miele vacuums, the Earth canister model is a little pricy. Of course quality is important, and can help offset that high price tag.
- Adding or removing some accessories can be cumbersome and frustrating at times.
- The canister design is not preferred by some because it can be a little unwieldy and take more effort to move around the home, especially for consumers who are used to the standard upright style vacuum.
The Miele S5980 Capricorn canister vacuum is another gem in the company’s extensive product catalog. This unit includes an active HEPA filter system that helps allergy sufferers get relief in their homes simply by vacuuming regularly. The system will not remove all airborne debris from every room, but it can make a marked improvement when used often. HEPA equipped vacuums are ideal for homes with pets or consumers with an interest in improving overall air quality for their family.
The Capricorn’s HEPA filter system is complimented by the sealed system design that is found in many other Miele products. This design prevents debris from leaving the unit and re-entering the home. The sealed system is a great way to help optimize the potential of the HEPA filter used in the vacuum for an overall design intended to completely clean and improve the environment inside the home
Miele has packaged the Capricorn canister vacuum with additional features including a three parquet twister floor brush and the SEB236 power brush. Consumers are given a 21 foot power cord length and seven foot hose length as well as a crevice nozzle, dusting brush, and upholstery tool to reach those difficult spaces where dust and often settle.
What did customers who bought Miele’s S5980 Capricorn canister vacuum like?
- A compact, lightweight design that makes it much easier to get deep down into tight spaces and hard to reach locations where dirt and debris could be hiding.
- A wonderful vacuum to help alleviate the symptoms of allergies and improve air quality thanks to the HEPA filter and closed system design.
- Does an excellent job in heavily trafficked areas in the home. The Capricorn can handle just about any household cleaning task.
- A strong motor helps the Capricorn lift dirt and debris from carpeting and furniture, even in areas that pets and children frequently use.
What did Miele’s S5980 Capricorn canister vacuum customers dislike?
- The Miele Capricorn canister vacuum suffers from one of the most common issues among other Miele products: an intimidating price tag that causes some consumers to search elsewhere for their next vacuum purchase.
- The canister vacuum design is not ideal for everyone. Consumers who are accustomed to the standard upright construction may have difficulties adjusting to a canister vacuum.
- Filter and bag changes can get a bit expensive in the long run, especially in homes with children or pets that require frequent use of the Capricorn canister vacuum.
Dirt Devil’s 100 Classic 7 AMP bagless hand vacuum offers consumers another economical choice to get the job done and done well. This unit includes a powerful motor that can handle even difficult jobs. A motorized brush helps clean pet hair from carpets and furniture as well as deep set dirt and debris. The bagless design is a preferred choice for many consumers because it can reduce the overall cost of maintenance when using the 100 Classic regularly.
The 100 Classic hand held vacuum includes a bagless dirt cup that makes it easier to clean compared to other hand held models. Consumers simply empty the cup then resume vacuuming or store the unit until it is needed later. The 100 Classic is also equipped with a functional HEPA filter system to reduce airborne debris in the home. This is definitely a feature allergy sufferers and pet owners should look for when purchasing any type of vacuum cleaner.
A three year warranty is included with every new Dirt Devil 100 Classic vacuum. The unit is also packaged with a crevice tool, upholstery brush, dusting brush, hose and wand for maximum flexibility. The Dirt Devil 100 Classic gives consumers many options in a convenient hand held vacuum.
What did customers who bought Dirt Devil’s 100 Classic hand vacuum like?
- Many consumers who previously purchased similar Dirt Devil products loved the improved suction capability of the 100 Classic.
- The included accessories, especially the crevice tool, work very well and help get into hard to reach places, such as behind furniture and between cushions where debris can often accumulate unnoticed.
- A lengthy cord is included so the consumer can easily tote the vacuum around their home without moving the plug as often.
- Emptying the dirt collection cup is easy and requires almost no time so that the consumer can clean up the 100 Classic and put it away quickly or move on to another job.
What did Dirt Devil’s 100 Classic hand vacuum customers dislike?
- Some consumers loved the improved suction, but hated the fact that the unit seemed to fill up faster and become clogged which means more frequent stops to empty the dirt cup.
- The belt is notorious for falling off after a short period of use and can be extremely difficult to get back on to the unit so that it functions again.
- The attachment tab is flimsy and may break after only a short time. Consumers found this to be a common problem point with the 100 Classic.
Miele spices up housecleaning with its chili red S2180 Titan canister vacuum. Miele has been serving its customers for more than eight decades. The company has become synonymous with quality products that last. The Titan canister vacuum is just another example of Miele’s commitment to its industry, customers and product.
The chili red canister is accented by solid black handles and a silver hose and wand piece. The unit includes Miele’s trademark Vortex motor system, which is a huge benefit to all their vacuums. The Vortex offers strong suction that can handle just about any clean up task needed. A built in bag change indicator alerts consumers when the bag is ready to be replaced so there are no surprises while using the vacuum cleaner. The Titan model also comes with six different power settings that allow the consumer to use it on a variety of surfaces.
The Miele S2180 Titan canister vacuum is constructed with the handy VarioClip accessory holder which makes it possible to store each component directly on the vacuum. This is a great feature every vacuum cleaner should include because it reduces the need for additional accessory storage. The Titan’s telescopic wand and HEPA filter offer consumers an even more thorough clean compared to other models. The unit also includes a dusting brush and crevice tool for harder to reach places.
What did customers who bought Miele’s S2180 Titan canister vacuum like?
- The power brush which allows the consumer to vacuum many differ surfaces from thick carpeting to delicate upholstery.
- Improved cleaning with the Titan canister vacuum helps take care of some air quality issues, further improved by the HEPA filter.
- Six suction settings that allow for full control of the unit. Even the weakest setting was strong enough to handle many different cleaning tasks.
- Deep cleaning capability of the S2180 Titan canister vacuum makes it possible to reduce the number of times it must be used each week.
What did Miele’s S2180 customers dislike?
- The lack of a handle or some sort of gripping surface on top of the canister makes it less convenient when lifting over furniture, baby gates or any other obstacle.
- Some consumers found that the heavy construction of the Titan canister vacuum’s wand made it difficult to use.
- The price of dust bags for this unit is a bit high, which is made worse by the fact that the unit has a small dust bag compartment which will mean more bag replacements are needed for regular use.
The Miele S168 offers consumers another option from the company’s catalog. Miele has been making products for over 80 years. A company that lasts that long must be doing a few things right and anyone who has purchased a Miele vacuum knows what those things are. The S168 Universal upright vacuum offers an effective cleaning tool that will last. The benefits begin with the product’s durable German design and quality construction.
The S168 is equipped with a 1,000 watt motor that works very well for all manner of household jobs, offering plenty of suction power for many homes. Each unit is built with a convenient electronic variable speed control to give the consumer more options while they clean. This model also includes a HEPA filtration system that can remove 99.97% of all particles that are as small as .3 microns. This allows the vacuum to thoroughly clean carpets and help prevent dust and other particles from becoming airborne and floating throughout the home.
Miele’s S168 Universal upright vacuum is designed to include an entirely sealed system. This prevents any dust or debris from escaping before it reaches the exhaust filter. The unit is intended for many surface types, from low to medium carpets to smooth flooring. An optional power brush accessory can also be used to offer a deeper clean when needed.
What did customers who bought Miele’s S168 Universal upright vacuum like?
- A compact, lightweight design makes it easy to use, store and transport the Miele S168.
- The unit can be used with electrically powered brushes offering versatility while cleaning.
- A HEPA filtration system is included and helps remove a great deal of dust and debris from carpeting and floors.
- Works effectively, even in homes with multiple pets. Consumers with pets noticed that the Miele S168 was capable of picking up significant fur from carpets.
What did Miele’s S168 Universal customers dislike?
- The power cord was a bit on the short side. Although an extension cord can be added, a longer factory power cord would be a big plus.
- Will require the use of another vacuum, such as a canister model, for heavy duty jobs.
- The power on and off button felt flimsy and cheaply made. Could use an improvement to compliment the sturdy design of the rest of the unit.
Miele has been a popular brand for high end household appliances for decades. In operation since July of 1899, the company has produced many quality products including vacuum cleaners. The S2 Olympus canister vacuum comes with a combination rug and floor cleaning tool. This addition makes the S2 Olympus ideal for households that have varied floor surfaces.
The S2 Olympus also features an on board attachments holder. Consumers can easily store all the unit’s accessories right on the canister using the VarioClip design. Items are also kept on top of the house or along the base so there is no concern about losing parts during transportation or storage of the vacuum.
Miele has implemented a number of helpful operational features that optimize the running power of the S2 Olympus. A variable speed motor control option designed by Rotary Dial helps the consumer to adjust the power of the vacuum as needed. An optional HEPA filter can also help the S2 Olympus’ super air clean filtration system remove allergens and airborne debris from your home. Miele backs its products with a seven year warranty on the Vortex motor, as well as a seven year warranty on the casing (which includes the upper and lower housings). A one year warranty is provided on parts and labor.
What did customers who bought Miele’s S2 Olympus canister vacuum like?:
- Consumers love the sturdy design of Miele’s S2 Olympus canister vacuum.
- The lengthy 29 and a half feet of retractable power cord which allows consumers to reach farther without finding a new outlet.
- The light weight design (which comes in under ten pounds), is easy to carry around the home. It is also well balanced and offers a comfortable range of movement when in use.
- The quiet motor is another big plus, which helps keep the home peaceful while tidying up.
What did customers dislike?:
- Some consumers did not have a positive experience with the short hose, which can easily wrap around the canister.
- Those with wood floors may be reluctant to use the S2 Olympus’ rug and floor tool, because it includes a rubber blade and hard, nylon bristles that could cause damage.
- Consumers who wish to use a brush on wood floors will have to fork out about $50 or more for one with the Miele brand while a generic model costs less than half that price.
You can read all the Miele S2 Olympus Vacuum reviews here.
Featuring an ergonomic handle and telescopic stainless steel wand, the Miele S5281 Callisto comes with sound insulation so that this vacuum cleaner is very quiet.
You also get a sealed system with the Miele’s active HEPA filter which will remove 99.9% airborne allergens passing throughthe vacuum cleaner, including dust mites and pet dander.
The 1200W Miele Vortex suction motor comes with a seven year warranty, and as with most Miele vacuum cleaners the motor is really good.
You get an electric power brush for the low medium and high pile carpeting so this one vacuumcan be used throughout your house on the different floor types.
The vacuum comes with 4.76 quart IntensiveClean Plus dustbag.
What Miele S5281 Callisto canister vacuum cleaner customers like:
- The 10.5 inch wide electric power brush.
- The brush duster which is small with durable bristles.
- Parquet floor brush ( wider brush duster ) .
- Cord rewind mechanism is excellent.
- Very quiet.
- Easy to manoeuvre around the house because it is small and lightweight .
- HEPA filtration (especially for those suffering from asthma or hayfever) .
.. and what they didn’t like:
- The price
- The attachment release buttons are not very intuitive.
- Stiff no swivel hose.
- Bag full indicator actually appears to bean indication of how hard the vacuum is straining to suck.
The Miele S4582 Eclipse Canister Vacuum cleaner has a powerful 1200W motor using the innovative Miele Vortex Motor system to ensure maximum suction.
This cleaner comes with the SBD450-3 carpet/smooth floor combo tool and a deluxe handle assembly.
The HEPA filter in this vacuum will ensure more allergens are cleaned out of the carpet, and the air passing through the cleaner. The vacuum uses Intensive Clean FJM bags, and comes with 2 supplied with the Miele S4582 Eclipse.
Accessory tools include:
- Upholstery tool
- crevice nozzle
- dusting brush
One complaint with many vacuum cleaners is the length of the cable. The Miele S4582 Eclipse comes with a 29.5 feet operating radius.
What customers of the Miele S4582 Eclipse liked:
- Vacuum is very quiet thanks to silence-noise insulation.
- Very powerful motor
- Very light
- Easy to maneuver
- Excellent cord retractor
- No odour when vacuuming
.. and what they did not like:
- Cord could be longer.
Dyson DC25 Blueprint is a limited
edition upright vacuum cleaner from Dyson.
This vacuum cleaner comes with a Flat Out head for cleaning under low furniture – you can see it in the screenshot on this page.
The Dyson DC25 Blueprint uses the popular Dyson ball technology which means this vacuum cleaner is easy to maneuver around your home.
The motorized brush bar uses an independent motor drive for the brush which gives better cleaning. The suction is provided by Dyson’s excellent Root Cyclone technology so there is no bag to empty or replace. The mini-cyclone that is created inside the machine, literally spins the dust out of the air and into the dust bin. To empty the dust bin, you just need to push a button on top of the cyclone pack.
As with many other Dyson vacuums, this one comes with an extension wand with Telescopic reach so you can reach those hard to get areas.
To help clean stairs, you have the stair and combo tool.
This vacuum cleaner uses a HEPA filter and is certified asthma friendly because it removes 99.9% of airborne allergens passing through the cleaner.
The Electrolux EL5020A Intensity is an upright vacuum cleaner that can fold up for convenient storage.
It’s 12 amp motor give this vacuum plenty of power for suction, but this vacuum goes one step further and introduces a 3 inch air path so that you get maximum suction without losing power because there are no long air tubes for the dirt to travel down – just 3 inches. It’s wide 12 inch cleaning path means you get even more clean carpet for each sweep of the vacuum.
The Electrolux EL5020A Intensity has fingertip controls and easy switching from bare floor to carpet mode. In carpet mode, the cleaning head will automatically adjust to the height of the carpet, while the spinning brushroll ensures the carpet dirt is agitated for a deeper clean.
The HEPA filtration system ensures airborne allergens aren’t umped directly back into the atmosphere during vacuuming, which means you get cleaner air in your home as well as cleaner carpets and flooring.
Also a nice feature are the indicator lights which tell you when the bag needs to be emptied or the filter needs to be cleaned. These two will ensure your Electrolux EL5020A Intensity works at optimum suction while you are cleaning.
The power cord is a little short at 21 foot long, when compared to other vacuums, but this may not be a problem for you. The large quart capacity dirt bag and adjustable telescopic handle make this a very comfortable vacuum cleaner to use.
At Amazon, the Electrolux EL5020A Intensity averaged around 4 stars out of 5 amongst reviewers. Customers who bought this model particularly liked:
- Innovative design allowing for compact storage of the vacuum cleaner when not in use
- Great suction
- Easy to change the bags
- build quality is good.
.. and were not so keen on:
- Not so great trying to turn corners with the vacuum. The large wheels and small size make this awkward.
- Lack of speciality attachments.
- a little high to fit under furniture.
The Bissell 17G5 PROlite Multi-Cyclonic vacuum cleaner is an upright cleaner that sucks the dirt into a dust cup. This bagless vacuum cleaner uses Bissell’s multi-cyclonic technology to provide strong, lasting suction. The 12 amp motor powers the system.
There are a number of nice features on the Bissell PROlite 17G5, including:
- Stretchy hose for above floor cleaning, and cleaning those hard to reach shelves, curtains and bookcases.
- Automatic height adjustment so that the vacuum can cope with bare floors, shallow carpets and deep pile.
- Easy to empty dirt container when the dirt reaches the full line. Press a button to release the dirt.
- Washable pre-motor filter.
- Post-Motor HEPA filter for catching allergens and other small particles that can cause breathing difficulties in those with allergy or asthma..
- Eight and a half foot wire-reinforced stretch hose
The Bissell 17G5 PRO Lite comes with a number of accessories including:
- Turbo Brush for small areas that need attention.
- Crevice tool
- extension wand for reaching the higher, more inaccessible areas of your home
- dusting brush
- bendable wand attachment for cleaning underneath furniture
- deluxe floor tool
There haven’t been many reviews of this vacuum on Amazon, but it is clear that reading those reviews that have been posted that people generally like this cleaner. The one negative review was done to a falty on/off switch that can happen with any machine. The other reviews were positive, with people liking:
- easy to use
- automatic height adjustment
- Bendy wand for getting underneath beds, sofas and other furniture without having to get on your hands and knees
- design – as this is a cool looking vacuum cleaner
Things that were not so popular:
- Wand & attachments take time to master
Bissell’s Pet Hair Eraser Dual-Cyclonic (3920) is an upright, bagless vacuum cleaner. It has a powerful 12 amp motor coupled with a 2-stage cyclonic technology ensuring great suction for removing that stubborn dirt, dust & pet hair.
This bagless vacuum cleaner has an easy to empty dirt container plus a lot of other great features including:
- On-board tool so that you don’t lose them. These tools include a dusting brush, crevice tool, pet hair lifter and the Turbo Brush.
- Adjustable height settings with 7 different heights. This ensures that the cleaning head is the best possible height from any floor type you might want to clean.
- Easy empty dirt container.
- Clean filter indicator.
- 15 inch wide cleaning path.
- 35 foot power cord.
- HEPA filtration – HEPA is well-known for its powerful filtration, removing up to 99.9% of allergens that can wreak havoc on the respiratory systems of asthma sufferers and those with allergies.
- Cord wrap & carrying handle.
This vacuum is great for general floor cleaning but the on-board accessories make this vacuum much more flexible. You have the curved hose wand and extension wand for above floor cleaning, plus speciality tools like the pet TurboBrush (using a rotating brush), and a Pet Contour tool that actually bends and flexes as you use it.
If you have pets, Bissell’s Pet Hair Eraser is a serious contender.
What Bissell Pet Hair Eraser owners liked:
- Good range of accessories meaning you have all the tools you’ll ever need.
- Great suction and very good at getting pet hair up.
- Price is great considering what you get.
- HEPA filter
- Easy to empty
- Easy to assemble out of the box
.. and what they did not like:
- Power cable exits very low down so you have to bend over all the way to reach it.
- Some clogging where hose meets console because of the design.
- Heavy and cumbersome.
- Roller brush didn’t last – poor build quality.
- Handle does not fold down for easy storage.
The Bissell 5770 Healthy Home is a bagless upright vacuum cleaner that uses Bissell’s multi-cyclonic technology to power the suction of this vacuum.
Powerful suction plus the AireTight HEPA filtration system in the Bissell Healthy Home vacuum means this cleaner will remove airborne allergies from the air that passes through the vacuum cleaner. This means it throws out exhaust air that is cleaner than the normal air you breathe in. In fact, HEPA filters are quoted as removing up to 99.97% of allergy causing materials like pollen, dust mite debris etc.
This vacuum goes a step further in the health stakes. It uses the MicroBan antimicrobial surface coating to help prevent bacterial gorwth and smells from odor-causing bacteria and molds.
The stretch hose on the Bissell Healthy Home vacuum has a non-clog technology, plus you get Acarosan dust mite killer powder with the vacuum. Overall, this vacuum has tried to create a vacuum that really does keep your home healthy.
Of course, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, so what do customers who bought the Healthy Home Bagless Upright Cleaner like about this vacuum cleaner?
- Great suction thanks to the multi-cyclonic technology.
- Standard turbo brush plus other tools are comprehensive tools for cleaning your home. Turbo brush is really effective
- Great hose – flexible and long.
- Touch button control of the beater brush.
- Great for getting up the pet hair.
.. and things they did not like:
- It’s a heavy vacuum cleaner.
- Canister is not such a great design with dirt having to “funnel” into the canister with some fluff getting caught.
It would be in your best interest to head over and read the reviews on Amazon because while there are a lot of people who love this vacuum, there are equally a few who hated it. Overall though, based on nearly 300 reviews, Amazon customers awarded this vacuum cleaner a respectable 4 out of 5 average.
The Bissell 3545-2 PowerGlide Platinum is an upright vacuum cleaner with extension wand for cleaning stairs and other above floor areas.
The Bissell Powerglide Platinum has 7 height adjustments so that you can set the height of the vacuum according to the floor type you are cleaning. This means the Powerglide will work well on bare floor to the longest pile carpet.
Other features of this budget level vacuum include:
- 12 amp motor for powerful suction.
- A bag changed indicator on the vacuum so you know when the bag is full.
- HEPA media filtration system to help clean the air that passes through this vacuum. HEPA filters are very popular amongst asthma and allergy sufferers because HEPA filters remove up to 99.9% of all airborne allergens from the air passing through the filter.
- Clear stretchy hose for above floor cleaning
- 30 foot power cord
Cleaning accessories included with the Bissell Powerglide Platinum include:
- upholstery /dusting brush
- crevice tool
- A TurboBrush that rotates to lift the dirt off the floor so that it can be sucked into the machine.
This vacuum is great for cleaning upholstery, curtains, furniture, blinds, shelves, furniture etc. Overall its a versatile vacuum cleaner.
Overall the customers who reviewed this vacuum on Amazon liked it, with the average being around 4 out of 5 stars.
Things that Bissell Powerglide Platinum (3545-2) owners liked:
- Powerglide by name, powerglide by nature. This vacuum glides over carpets.
- Not too loud.
- Pet hair attachment.
- good suction.
.. and things they did not like:
- questionable build quality with one reviewer stating their turbo brush stopped working after about 4 months of use.
- Hot smell after vacuuming.
The Bissell 89Q9 Lift-Off MultiCyclonic Pet is a bagless upright vacuum cleaner with a detachable canister.
The Bissell 89Q9 Lift-Off Multi-cyclonic has excellent suction power thanks to the 12 amp motor and its multi-cyclonic suction system. The 15 inch cleaning path means you’ll get your floorings cleaner quicker.
The Bissell Lift-Off Multicyclonic is a bagless vacuum cleaner, instead using a detachable canister that allows quick and easy emptying of the vacuum.
Other great features of this vacuum cleaner include:
- Adjustable height (7 settings) so you can taylor the vacuum to the floor type you need to clean.
- Dual edge cleaning.
- HEPA media filter post motor filter.
- Flexible stretchy hose to reach those above floor areas that collect the dust.
You get a few accessory tools including:
- the pet hair turbobrush to help clean that stubborn pet hair off your floor, furniture, stairs and upholstery.
- Crevice tool to get into those hard to reach nooks and crannies.
- upholstery / dusting brush.
This vacuum is excellent for cleaning dust, dirt, pet hair and even dry spills from carpets and bare floors.
This vacuum cleaner has great reviews on Amazon from those who have bought it.
Things that Bissell 89Q9 Lift-Off multi-cyclonic pet vacuum owners liked about this vacuum cleaner:
- Easy to maneuver & not too heavy
- extension wand with pet hair attachment
- long electrical cord
- Lift-Off features on stairs
- On/Off switch for brush roll
- Furniture protection guard
.. and things that owners complained about..
- emptying a bagless cleaner can be messy
- short hose
- short cord (note that this is subjective as one reviewer said it was nice and long).
The Bissell 33A1 Pet Hair Eraser is a popular corded Handheld Vacuum Cleaner by Bissell created specifically for removing that stubborn pet hair from carpets and upholstery. If you transport your dog in the car, this handheld vacuum cleaner might be just the thing.
Features of the vacuum include:
- Flexible rubber nozzle that removes the pet hair and dirt from upholstery and carpets, stairs etc.
- A hard nozzle for cleaning your car or other dirt and debris.
- Easy nozzle release for changing nozzles.
- Under 4 lb in weight.
- Bagless dirt container.
- Comfortable handle with on/off switch conveniently located.
- Washable HEPA media filter.
- 16 foot power cable so that you can reach the car from the power socket in your house or garage.
What do 33A1 Pet Hair Eraser users like about this handheld vacuum cleaner:
- Great suction from such a small unit.
- Nice long cord.
- Easy to empty dust bin.
.. and what they don’t like:
- Potential problem with the two exhausts located just behind the suction area as this tends to blow the pet hair you are trying to suck up.
The Hoover S3765-040 WindTunnel Vacuum cleaner is a bagless canister vacuum cleaner.
If has a number of great features including:
- 12 amp motor plus Hoover’s WindTunnel technology to provide outstanding suction power. Dirt is funneled away from the spinning agitators and moved into the bagless canister.
- Bagless so no more buying and replacing vacuum bags.
- 15 Power Nozzle has a low profile so that you can get underneath low furniture.
- Deluxe pump handle.
- Finger-touch speed control for variable suction and total flexibility.
- HEPA filtration system to make sure the air passing through and out of this vacuum is clear of allergens like pollen, bacteria and dust mite debris.
- The wheels on the Hoover WindTunnel S3765-040 are large and made of a soft material so they don’t mark your flooring.
- Telescopic wand for attaching tools makes cleaning above the floor level much easier.
Customers who reviewed the Hoover S3765-040 WindTunnel bagless canister vacuum cleaner on Amazon awarded this cleaner an average of 4 out of 5 stars.
Things customers liked:
- Great suction
- Aggressive beater bar
- Nice design with all of the controls easily accessible at your fingertips.
- Automatic power cable rewind
- Easy to empty dust bin
- Excellent at picking up pet hair and dander
.. and things customers did not like:
- Not all tools are stored on the vacuum cleaner
- No dirt sensor
- wand and attachment design could be better
The Bissell Cleanview Helix vacuum cleaner looks fantastic and has great performance to match. The Cleanview Helix is an upright bagless vacuum cleaner with a number of great features:
- 12 amp motor for powerful suction.
- Upright vacuum suitable for carpets and bare flooring.
- Dual edge cleaning.
- Easy to empty dirt cup.
- HEPA filter that can trap up to 99.97% of airborne allergens passing through the Cleanview Helix vacuum cleaner.
- Adjustable height.
- Stretch hose and onboard attachments including Turbo Brush for upholstery and stairs, crevice tool for those small, narrow spaces that are always difficult to reach, extension wand to reaching high above the floor and upholstery & dusting brush to clean bookshelves, curtains, tables, and the tops of furniture which are always dust traps.
- Soft front bumper means furniture is protected as you clean.
- The Bissell Helix dirt-separation system combined with powerful suction gives great cleaning power. This Helix system will separate the dirt and debris so that the motor and fan are protected.
- Wide cleaning path with a wide beam headlight to see where you are cleaning
- Stair carrying handle.
- 27 foot power cable to easily reach around the largest rooms without having to move to a different power outlet.
This vacuum cleaner has outstanding reviews at Amazon, with 20 customers awarding it an average review score of 4.75 out of 5.
Bissell Cleanview Helix users liked the following features of the vacuum cleaner:
- Suction is great.
- Lightweight for an upright vacuum that is so powerful.
- Very easy to empty.
- Very Maneuverable
- Hose attachments
- Long cord
- Turbo Brush
.. and some of the things they didn’t like:
- Not much to report here, but one user did report that the machine got very warm.
The Eureka Optima Lightweight 437AZ is an upright vacuum cleaner that combines performance of an upright with convenience of a stick. The Eureka Optima Lightweight includes the following features:
- Stretch hose
- bagless construction means no more vacuum cleaner bags.
- dusting brush
- crevice want
- power paw
- Riser Visor that flips up to accomodate vertical surfaces of stair risers and vertical unholstery.
- 12 amp motor for powerful suction.
- rotating motorised brushroll which can be switched off for hardwood floors.
- HEPA filtration system
For its size, the Optima is a great option. However, it is a little on the loud side.
The average users on Amazon liked the Eureka Optima vacuum with 135 reviewers awarding it an average of 4 stars out of 5.
Eureka Optima Bagless Lightweight vacuum users liked:
- Good suction
- Good performance on different surfaces
- retractable handle
- extension hose
.. and they did not like:
- HEPA filter needs to be cleaned regularly and its a messy job!
The Eureka Altima Bagless vacuum cleaner is an upright HEPA filter vacuum with a telescopic duster. You also get the Power Paw stair brush and easy clean filter system.
The Eureka Altima bagless vacuum has the following features:
- Foam filter system with easy empty dust bin. Its got an external 2 stage filter.
- 3 foot telescopic self-cleaning duster.
- Eureka’s edge cleaner that uses spinning brushes to get as close as possible to the edges of your furniture and baseboards.
- Power Paw for cleaning stairs and upholstery as well as pet hair.
- Easily go from carpet to hard floor with a switch to adjust the motorised brush bar.
- HEPA filter that captures up to 99.9% of allergens passing through the vacuum cleaner. This includes pollen, bacteria, dust mite debris and other substances known to cause allergic reactions and asthma.
- 12 amp motor for powerful suction power.
What do Eureka Altima 2971BVZ bagless upright vacuum users say about this cleaner?
At Amazon, at the time of writing this, 122 people reviewed the Eureka Altima, and scored the vacuum cleaner a very poor average of around 2 out of 5. Complaints included:
- Warranty not covering parts that failed after just three months.
- Power paw stopped working in the first month.
- Upper filter clogging.
- Suction died after 6 weeks.
The list of problems goes on. We wont cover more here, but be aware that 77 out of the 122 people that reviewed this machine awarded it just 1 out of 5 (and there is no option to award it zero).
We would highly recommend you read some more of these reviews so you can be fuly aware of the range of problems people have had with this machine.
The Hoover 5507-900 Elite is an upright bagless vacuum cleaner from Hoover. The powerful 12 amp motor provides plenty of suction and the included crevice wand, dusting brush & upholstery tool and pet hair tool will have your carpets and upholstery dirt and dust free in no time.
The Hoover 5507-900 Elite includes a headlight to see where you are cleaning plus a number of other features including:
- 7 height settings so that you can clean any floor type.
- Air flow indicator which will tell you when the dust cup needs emptying and the filters need cleaning.
- HEPA filtration system which includes a lifetime HEPA air filter (which removes just about every allergen passing through it).
- Dirt cup empties from the bottom so that you don’t get your hands dirty.
- 24 foot auto-rewind cable.
- Stretch hose for above floor cleaning that reaches up to 9 feet with the included attachments.
- Furniture guard to protect your furniture from bumps of the vacuum
- 14.5 inch cleaning path.
Overall, users of this vacuum who reviewed it on Amazon liked it. With an average of 4 out of 5 based on 547 reviews, here are some of the features users liked on the Hoover 5507-900 Elite Auto-Rewind Bagless Upright vacuum cleaner:
- Auto-rewind feature.
- Suction on the vacuum.
- Clear canister so you can see the dirt piling up as you clean your carpets. There’s a sense of satisfaction seeing all that stuff coming out of your “clean” carpets.
- No bags and a lifetime filter.
Things they did not like:
- it’s a little heavy, though what powerful vacuum cleaner isn’t a little on the chubby side?
- Complaints that the tubes get blocked frequently.
- Belts difficult to find.
The Hover WindTunnel Cyclonic vacuum UH70035B is an upright vacuum cleaner with Hoover’s patented WindTunnel technology. The WindTunnel uses three distinct air tunnels that help lift and remove dirt from the carpets. This technology stops the dirt from dispersing back into the air and onto the carpets again during cleaning.
This vacuum comes with a flex hose extension for reaching above floor areas.
The convenience of a bagless vacuum cleaner is complimented by its easy to empty dust cup & the HEPA filtration which removes up to 99.9% of allergens from the air passing through the vacuum as it cleans.
The UH70035B is a multi-surface vacuum that can be used on carpets and hard floor surfaces.
Reviewers on Amazon were not totally convinced with this vacuum cleaner. There’s no denying it looks great, but users had the following complaints:
- Auto-rewind broke after just one day.
- Heavy and awkward to use.
- Canister difficult to empty.
- vacuum cleaner falls over when using attachments.
- Cord gets really hot.
However, on a positive note, users did think that the UH70035B Windtunnel:
- Had great suction
The Eureka 4870MZ Boss Smart-Vac is a traditional upright vacuum cleaner that uses a HEPA filter. HEPA filters are leading the way in anti-allergy and anti-asthma vacuum cleaners as well as air purifiers. HEPA filters remove up to 99.97% of airborne allergy-causing substances like pollen, dust mite debris etc. HEPA vacuums are therefore popular choices for homes where someone suffers allergy or asthma.
The Eureka Boss Smart-Vac includes on-board tools and a stretchy hose for cleaning above floor level. The Power Paw brush makes it easy to clean surfaces, even those embedded with pet hair.
The power cable is 30 long, which is great for getting around the room without having to constantly change power outlet.
The front of the vacuum provides a cleaning path of 15 inches wide, meaning you cover more area quicker.
The dust-trap system has three stages.
This vacuum has the Direct Air Control System which means you can direct all of the suction power deep into the carpet through the main vacuum, or to the hose.
The Eureka 4870 MZ Boss Smart-Vac has a motorised brush bar, and a brushroll that has 7 height settings. At a flick of a switch you can go from carpet to hard flooring.
This upright vacuum cleaner comes with a powerful 12 amp motor, and works well on carpet as well as hard wood and tiled flooring.
At the time of writing this, the Eureka Boss Smart Upright Vacuum had been reviewed by 198 customers. The average rating was around 4 out of 5, with the majority awarding this cleaner either a 4 or a 5 out of 5.
What Eureka Boss Smart-Vac Upright HEPA vacuum users liked:
- Excellent suction.
- Spinning brush for whipping up the dirt and hair from the carpet.
- Power paw for cleaning pet hair.
- Sealed HEPA filtration system.
- Easy to switch between carpet and hard flooring.
- Easy storage of accessories.
What they did not like:
- no automatic cord rewind.
- Foot button that releases the handle from the upright position can be tricky.
- Bag fills up quickly, but then that could be seen as a positive 🙂
The Hoover U5269-900 EmPower bagless upright vacuum cleaner is another Hoover vacuum that uses the patented WindTunnel technology for exceptional suction and cleaning power. Many people prefer bagless vacuum cleaners these days, so this might be a better option than, e.g. the Hoover U6485900 Windtunnel Anniversary Self-Propelled Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner, although that model is self-propelled and this one is not.
The Hoover U5269-900 EmPower has a number of great features including:
- Bagless upright vacuum cleaner.
- Hush Mode allowing you to switch the power control to hush mode for quieter cleaning, day or night.
- Patented WindTunnel technology – this vacuum has three distinct air channels to help pick up the dirt and trap it in the vacuum.
- Embedded DirtFinder system that will alert you with a red light when high concentrations of dirt are located. You simply continue vacuuming that area until the green like comes on.
- Power boost for hard to clean messes and a powerful 12 amp motor.
- HEPA filter to help remove allergens from the air passing through the vacuum cleaner. Up to 99.97% of pollen and other allergenic materials are removed by the HEPA filter, meaning those suffering from asthma and/or allergy can live in a healthier environment.
- Deluxe stretch hose.
- Adjustable height position to 5 different levels allowing you to switch easily between different heights of carpet and hard wood and tiles floors.
- Pet hair cleaning accessories.
- Ergonomic D-grip handle.
- Wheels are made of a soft material that wont mark your hard wood floors.
- A number of useful on-board cleaning accessories including a powered hand tool, crevice wand and upholstery tool and extension wand.
- Headlight to see where and what you are cleaning.
What are people saying about the Hoover EmPower Bagless Upright Cleaner?
Out of 61 review on Amazon, this cleaner averages around 4 out of 5, with more than 50% of reviewers awarding it the full 5 out of 5.
What Hoover EmPower Bagless Vacuum Cleaner Owners liked:
- Very quiet for the power.
- Dirt sensors with two modes – normal and sensitive.
- Relatively lightweight for its size.
- Canister is “almost self-cleaning”.
- The attachments in general, but particularly the pet hair attachment which actually works.
- The suction of the machine.
What they did not like:
- Messy to empty the bagless canister, though this does contradict some reports where people liked the bagless canister.
- Brush roll can be very aggressive.
The Hoover U6485900 Windtunnel Anniversary vacuum cleaner is an upright vacuum that uses the patented WindTunnel technology.
This vacuum uses a bag to collect the dirt and dust and includes some innovative features like:
- self-propelled to make it easier to maneuver in backwards and forwards.
- embedded DirtFinder system with red & green lights to indicate areas that might require a little more attention. The green light is on while you are using the vacuum, but if the DirtFinder system senses high levels of dirt, the red light comes on. You can then vacuum the offending area until the green light gives you the all clear.
- HEPA media bag – HEPA filters are amongst the best filters for capturing allergens and dust mite debris. In fact, published results suggests that HEPA filters capture up to 99.97% of dust and pollen, and other stuff that can cause allergic responses & asthma.
- Stretch hose & on-board accessories for cleaning areas above the floor.
- pet hair tool that uses rotating brushes that sweep up the pet hair and dirt from carpets, upholstery & other areas your pets like to sleep.
- D-Grip handle with 5-position height adjuster
- Wheels that won’t mark your delicate flooring. The bearings in the wheels ensure that the Hoover U6485900 Windtunnel vacuum is easy to move on carpet, and then when you move onto hard flooring, the wheels won’t leave marks.
- patented WindTunnel technology for powerful, deep cleaning of your carpets and flooring.
- edge cleaning bristles.
- a headlight to see where you are cleaning. This is a useful accessory on vacuums, as we don’t always want all the lights on in the house when vacuuming. The headlight means you can see what is in front of the cleaner, and find the dirt (in combination with the DirtFinder system on this Hoover Windtunnel vacuum).
- 31 foot power cable means you can reach all around the room, and even into neighboring rooms without having to stop, bend over, unplug, move and re-plug the vacuum into the electrics.
What are people saying about the U6485900 Windtunnel Anniversary Self-Propelled Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner?
At Amazon, 37 people had reviewed this vacuum cleaner (at the time of writing this). The average rating was around 4 out of 5, with the majority of people awarding this cleaner with a 5.
What people liked:
- Position of the hose for easy replacing after using the vacuum.
- Position of the cleaning accessories for easy access.
- Self-propelling feature which can be turned on or off.
- Bag full indicator light.
- Hose stays connected to the machine, so there is no bending over to manually connect it.
- Performance, with great suction and cleaning power.
- Rear wheels that are made of a softer material to prevent marking of floors.
What people did not like:
- Self-propelled feature can be “jerky”.
- Vacuum is heavy, though the self-propelling feature does help.
- Short hose.
- Vacuum is quite loud, especially on hard wood flooring.
The Dyson DC23 comes in two models. The DC23 Turbinehead and the DC23 Motorhead.
The Dyson DC23 vacuums are canister cleaners with Level 3 Root Cyclone technology. The Turbinehead model has a turbine head for multi-purpose cleaning, whereas the Motorhead has a motorized brush bar to help remove dirt and pet hair from carpets.
Dyson DC23 Turbinehead features
- Root Level 3 Cyclone technology to ensure maximum suction and capturing of even the smallest dust particles.
- Turbine head brush bar is driven by air for cleaning short to medium length carpet. The brush bar can be turned off if required.
- Lifetime HEPA filter + Bactisafe system meaning the air expelled by the DC23 has up to 150 times less bacteria and spores) than the typical air you are breathing in.
- Certified asthma & allergy friendly by the Asthma & Allergy Foundation of America.
- 220 Air Watts constant suction power.
- Fixed wheel movement.
- Stair Cleaning design means that the vacuum fits between the stairs.
- 0.44 Gallon clear plastic dust bin.
- Stair, brush and crevice tools are included with this model.
- Weight 19.5 lb (8.8Kg)
- Level 3 Root Cyclone technology for the most effective suction ever.
- Telescopic Wrap system so that the vacuum can be easily stored.
- Motorized brushbar with powerful bristles for deep cleaning and removal of dirt and pet hair.
- Certified Asthma & Allergy friendly.
- HEPA + Bactisafe system.
- Hygienic and quick to empty.
- 220 Air Watts constant suction.
- Motorised brush head, stair tool, brush, crevice and hard floor tools are included with this model.
- Weight 23.89 lb with attachments (10.8 Kg)
Customer reviews for the Dyson DC23 Vacuum
If you own either the DC23 Turbinehead or the Dyson DC23 Motorhead models, we would love to hear what you think of them. You can leave your thoughts, comments or full reviews at the bottom of this page.
Being a relatively new addition to the Dyson vacuum range, the DC23 only has 4 reviews on Amazon at the time of writing this. However, those 4 reviewers scored this cleaner an average of of 5 stars out of 5.
What DC23 Owners Liked:
- Design of the cleaner.
- Extreme power of suction.
- The telescopic wand.
- The motorhead is impressive.
- “The new Level 3 Root Cyclone performs brilliantly at separating dust, sand, and large debris from the airstream more efficiently than past iterations of Dyson cyclone technology”.
- “ I have very expensive and old rugs with tassels. When the motorized brush runs over the tassels, the brush shuts off.”
- Compact design.
What DC23 Owners Disliked:
- Motorhead is noisy.
- Attachments from earlier models won’t fit on the DC23.
- Motorhead is so strong it can suck in delicate and fine rugs. Would be nice if there was a level control for older carpets.
- The hose will collapse if you step on it.
- Bin fills up quickly (but some might see this as a positive as it means the vacuum is doing its job properly.
The Dyson DC14 Telescopic Reach All Floors upright vacuum cleaner is designed to cope with any flooring type. The “Telescopic Reach” means that you can easily clean stairs and place that are inaccessible with traditional vacuum cleaners.
The DC14 All Floors uses the Dyson Root Cyclone technology to ensure maximum suction without clogging the mechanisms of the cleaner.
With the Telescopic wand, imagine leaving your main vacuum at the bottom of the stairs, as you walk up the stairs with wand in hand, and easily and effortlessly suck up the dirt, leaving the stairs clean.
The DC14 offers an hygienic and fast way to empty with the press of a button.
The lifetime HEPA filters mean that the air your DC14 throws out, will be much cleaner than the air you normally breathe in around your home. In fact, the Dyson website quotes a figure of up to 150 times less bacteria and mould in the air the vacuum expels compared to the normal air you breathe in.
Because of the clean air, the Asthma & Allergy Foundation of America have certified the DC14 All Floors as “asthma & allergy friendly”.
Dyson DC14 Telescopic Reach Specifications
- Patented Root cyclone technology driving incredible suction.
- 250 Air Watts of constant suction.
- The DC14 is a fixed wheel, meaning its not as convenient to move around as the Dyson Ball models.
- Lifetime HEPA filter.
- 0.71 gallon dust bin.
- Stair tool, brush and crevice tool are included.
- Maximum reach 52.4 ft.
- Weight 18.56 lb (8.4 Kg)
The Dyson DC14 All Floors can work with a number of Dyson attachments, including the Mini-turbine, mattress tool, stiff bristle brush and flexi crevice tool.
DC14 All Floor Customer Reviews
If you own this model of vacuum cleaner, we would love to hear what you really think of it. Scroll to the bottom of this page where you’ll find a form you can fill out with your comments.
At Amazon, this machine was awarded a respectable 4 stars out of 5 by the 137 customers who reviewed it (at the time of writing this).
Things DC14 Owners liked:
- Great suction.
- Easy to empty.
- Wand is great for vacuuming stairs and anything high up.
Things DC14 Owners Disliked:
- Belt seems prone to breaking and its not something you can replace yourself.
- A bit pricey.
- Difficult to find parts, and expensive to get repaired.
- Too much plastic.
- Extension wand difficult to handle.
The Dyson DC15 Animal vacuum is one of the specialist pet vacuums for removing pet hairs from hard to reach nooks and crannies. Its an upright cleaner with the Dyson Ball technology so that it can be easily maneuvered around your home.
The DC15 Animal has the hugely popular Telescopic Reach wand and a hose that extends 14 ft. This makes it easy to clean stairs because you can set the main vacuum at the bottom of your stairs (not the top or you might pull the cleaner down on top of yourself), and extend the wand right to the top of the stairs.
The mini-turbine head is excellent at removing dirt and pet hairs from the stairs as well as any other tight space (like your car for example). The DC15 Animal also comes with a “Low reach floor tool” that helps you get underneath that furniture without having to lift it out of the way. This tool can be used on both carpets and hard flooring.
As with other Dyson machines, this vacuum uses the Root Cyclone technology for sucking up the dirt, and depositing it in the 0.71 gallon clear dirt bin. You also get the Dyson Ball technology for effortless steering.
DC15 Animal Specifications
- 220 Air Watts constant suction.
- Lifetime HEPA filters for the best possible cleaning of the air expelled in the exhaust of the cleaner.
- Motorised brushbar.
- Crevice tool for getting into very small spaces. This tool is to vacuuming what dental floss is to dental hygiene 😉
- Maximum reach of 51 ft because of a cord length of 37 feet and wand extension of 14 feet.
- Weight 19.95 lb (8.7Kg)
This vacuum works with a number of accessories available, including the Mattress tool, soft dusting brush & stiff bristle brush.
Dyson DC15 Animal user reviews
If you own a Dyson DC15 Animal, we would love to hear your views on it. You can scroll to the bottom of this page and post a review.
The average customer review of this vacuum at Amazon is a favorable 4.5 our of 5 based on the 195 customer reviews that were there at the time I wrote this.
DC15 Animal Owners Liked:
- Easy to empty
- Nice attachments
- Extension wand for easy vacuuming of stairs and under furniture
- Very impressive suction
- Dyson Ball
- No more filters to buy, ever!
- Turbine head.
DC15 Animal Owners Disliked:
- Manual could have been better, but then how much instruction do you need for a vacuum?
- A rear wheel brake pedal would have been nice for “parking” the vacuum while you use the wand.
The Dyson DC17 Animal is an all floors upright vacuum cleaners with the super powerful Advanced Dyson Level 3 Root Cyclone technology that is especially useful if you find that your pets are leaving fur all over your house.
As has become the norm in these upright vacuums, the DC17 Animal has the quick draw telescopic reach “wand” with mini-turbine head and a low-reach floor tool (to make it easier to clean under your furniture without having to move the furniture itself). The mini-turbine is excellent at stripping away the dirt and pet hairs on your sofa, curtains, stairs, your car, confined spaces, in fact just about anywhere. This head attaches easily to the hose or wand.
The dust bin is a generous 5/8 gallon, and the DC17 Animal comes with lifetime washable HEPA filters which means that even the smallest particles are sucked away by your vacuum cleaner.
As with all upright and canister vacuums from Dyson, you have a 5 year parts and labor warranty, giving you peace of mind with your purchase.
There are a number of accessories that you can buy for your DC17 Animal, including:
- the Flexi-Crevice tool, which is a brush attachment for tight spaces.
- mini turbine head
- Mattress tool – with a wide head for easy cleaning of dirt, dust, mites etc., from your mattress and pillows.
- Soft dusting brush for fans, blinds etc.
Dyson DC17 All Floors
Also available is the DC17 All Floors model. This upright vacuum is a little cheaper than the Animal model, but has a similar feature set including:
- Level 3 Root Cyclone technology.
- Quick Draw telescopic “Reach Wand”.
- Easy and hygienic emptying of the waste bin.
- Lifetime washable HEPA filters.
- Fingertip brush bar control.
- Certified asthma and allergy friendly.
- 220 Air Watts suction power.
- Fixed wheel movement.
- motorized brushbar.
- stair tool, brush tool & crevice tool.
- 51 ft maximum reach.
- 20.79 lb (9.45Kg).
If you have pets and have to worry about Pet hair, consider the DC17 Animal instead of the DC17 All Floors. The Animal model can clean all floor types as well.
Dyson DC17 Animal & DC17 All Floors Customer Reviews
If you own either of the models featured on this page, we would love to hear your views on it. Scroll to the bottom of the page and leave a rating and your thoughts on the machine.
Over at Amazon, the DC17 Animal has received mainly positive reviews, with 354 customers (at the time of writing this) awarding the DC17 Animal a healthy 4 out of 5 stars.
What customers liked:
- accessories fit nice and tight.
- amazing suction.
- long power cord.
- build quality.
- great attachments.
- simple to empty the waste bin.
- automatic height adjustment with bare floor setting.
What customers did not like:
- its weight. At nearly 21 lb, its not going to be easy lifting it up and down the stairs.
- belts tend to break and they don’t seem to be easy to find in the shops.
- Dirt can get stuck in the sealed section of the middle canister where it cannot be removed.
- Wand takes some getting use to.
The Dyson DC28 Animal is an upright vacuum cleaner for pet owners. The trademarked Airmuscle technology combines three types of cleaner head.
The three cleaner heads used in Airmuscle technology are:
- the pneumatic actuator (pulls the cleaning head to the floor for better suction)
- a powered cam (to raise and lower the motorized brush bar)
- a high-torque clutch (provides cleaning power)
These three work together to clean all floor types, and are especially good at lifting pet hair.
The DC28 Animal gives you fingertip control over your cleaning, and thanks to the powered cam which raises and lowers the brush bar, it features automatic adjustment of the brush bar depending on the type of floor you are cleaning. The brush bar will also switch off if the floor type dictates that as the best solution.
As with other models, the Dyson DC28 Animal uses the “Root Cyclone” technology to swirl the dirt into the bin without clogging and loss of suction.
The Cyclone technology working together with the HEPA filters in the machine also ensures that the air that is expelled out of the vacuum is much cleaner than the normal air you have in you house.
DC 28 Animal Specifications
- air suction is 245 Air Watts.
- It has a fixed wheel (not the Dyson Ball).
- Lifetime washable HEP filter for the best filtration possible.
- Control the motorized brush bar with your fingertips – no bending over.
- Quick draw telescopic “Reach Wand”.
- Bin has a capacity of 0.61 gallons
- Maximum reach is 52 feet
- Cord length 35 feet
- Weight 20.6 lb (9.4 Kg)
The DC28 Animal also comes with a stair tool to help you vacuum those hard to reach areas, a combination tool with debris nozzle that converts into a dusting brush, a mini-turbine head for removing pet hairs and dirt from small spaces and a “Flat Out” head for cleaning underneath that low furniture.
You can also get the following attachments for your DC28 Animal:
- Stiff Bristle Brush
- Soft Dusting Brush
- Mattress Tool
- Flexi crevice tool
Dyson DC28 Animal Customer Reviews
If you own a Dyson DC28 Animal, we’d love to hear your views on it. You can leave a review at the bottom of this page in the box provided.
There have been only a handful of reviews at Amazon as I write this. Only 8 customers left comments with an average rating of 4 out of 5. Some of the negatives in these reviews include:
- Heavy to move up and down stairs and some people found it difficult to maneuver, preferring a Dyson Ball model instead of the DC28 .
- Need to empty the canister a lot (but then this might be a positive since it indicates the vacuum cleaner is doing a good job!).
While some of the features that customers liked include:
- Easy enough to handle seemingly self-propelled (though this contradicts what several people have said about it being difficult to push).
- Low noise level.
- Emptying is easy.
- Excellent at removing pet hair & dirt from carpet.
- Easy to extract and use extension wand.
- “A really great vacuum for pet owners”
The Dyson DC25 All Floors vacuum cleaner is a Dyson Ball cleaner designed for use on any floor (hence the name “All Floors”). The innovative ball design means that this upright vacuum is easy to manoeuvre around your home with a twist of the wrist.
The DC25 utilizes the Root Cyclone technology which means dirt and particles are centrifugally spun out of the air and into the waste bin. Since there are no bags, there’s nothing to clog and no resulting loss of suction. There is also no expense of buying new bags!
The DC25 All Floors has a quick release “wand” to help you reach the hard to get to places (perfect for cleaning stairs) without having to mess around with add-on components.
When cleaning hard floors or carpets, the motorized brushbar defaults to “on” (spinning), and it will stop spinning if it comes across any obstructions. You can turn the brushbar off if you want by using the Brushbar on/off button.
As with other Dyson models, the exhaust air of the DC25 is cleaner than the normal air you breathe, with up to 150 times less bacteria and spores.
The Dyson DC25 comes with a 5 year parts and labour guarantee.
The filtration in the DC25 uses a HEPA washable filters. The machine has two filters which you should check regularly and wash at least every 3 months or so. Filters then need to be totally dry before refitting them to your machine. The HEPA filters mean that this vacuum is certified asthma friendly.
The dirt and grime is deposited in a clear bin with a 1.3 litres capacity.
The DC25 has a 7.5 meter cord, but with the extendable wand, that means a total reach of 12.3 meters. The DC25 weighs in at around 7.4 Kg.
There are a number of accessories for the DC25: combination tool, debris nozzle that converts into a brush tool for dusting, stair tool with Dyson-designed tool for removing dirt from stairs and stair carpets.
Dyson DC25 User reviews
If you own the Dyson DC25 All floors model of vacuum, please consider leaving a review below.
The average customer review on Amazon is about 4.5 stars out of 5. Customers who were happy with this model raved about its ease of use, how easy it was to reach into the hard to get places using the telescopic wand, and fantastic suction. One reviewer even described what came out of his carpet as “disgusting”, and that was from a DC25 user who had no pets or kids and didn’t wear shoes in the house.
Other reviewers loved the fact that you did not need to bend over to reach any part of their house, plus the ball technology means the vacuum is super light to maneouvre.
The Dyson DC25 Animal is an upright vacuum with the Dyson Ball for easily guiding the vacuum around your house. The DC25 Animal is specifically for pet owners who have to vacuum up a lot of pet hair on frequent occasions.
The mini turbine head of the DC25 animal vacuum can pick up dirt and animal hairs from the usual places like upholstery, stairs etc, and tight spaces like cars and dog baskets.
The Ball technology means that the DC25 Animal is light to move around as the vacuum swivels on a spot with a twist of the wrist.
The Cyclone technology used in Dyson vacuums ensure that the suction does not become affected by a build up of animal hair or dirt. The centrifugal winds generated by the Dyson separates the dirt from the air, expelling exhaust air from the vacuum that contains a lot less bacteria and spores than the normal air found in your house due to the filters used in this Dyson – lifetime washable HEPA filters.. For this reason, these machine are excellent for asthma sufferers.
All upright and canister Dyson vacuums have 5 years parts and labor warranty, giving you peace of mind as you buy such an exceptional machine.
The motorized brushbar can be started and stopped depending on the type of floor you are cleaning. As with the All Floors model of the DC25, the Animal has a telescopic wand to reach hard to access areas, stairs etc. A stair tool means you can get the stairs cleaned quickly and easily and without all the bending you might usually do with hand held vacuums.
While the DC25 Animal comes with the tools that most people need, there are some optional extras that you can get for this machine.
The stiff bristle brush is great for dried on dirt or dirt that just doesn’t want to shift.
The mattress tool has a wide head for easy cleaning of surfaces.
The soft dusting brush is great for cleaning those dirty blinds, ceiling fans, or even your computer keyboard.
For reaching the tops of furniture, ceiling fans and light fittings, the multi-angle brush is a great option.
Customer reviews of the Dyson DC25 Animal
If you own this model of vacuum, we would love to have your review on our site. Scroll to the bottom of this page and leave your review in the box provided.
At Amazon, the DC25 Animal had attracted 80 customer reviews at the time of writing this article. The average review was around 4.5 out of 5, which represents a massive thumbs up for this vacuum cleaner.
Reviewers on Amazon have said things like “wonderfully easy to handle”, “THIS VACUUM SUCKS, but in a good way!!”, “DO IT NOW!!! BUY THE DYSON DC25 ANIMAL!!!! You will be glad you did and you won’t ever mind cleaning your apartment EVER AGAIN!!!”, “I even steam cleaned my carpet after vacuuming with the Dyson & there was almost no dirt in the recovery tank”.
On a negative note, this vacuum does have a smaller dust bin than other models.
At just 11.65 lb (5.3 Kg), the Dyson DC24 All Floors is the lightest upright vacuum cleaner in the Dyson range, and its also ultra-compact so you can store it in a small place or cupboard. It uses the Dyson Ball technology so that it can be moved around corners with a turn of the wrist.
The Dyson ball actually contains the the vacuum’s motor, giving the machine a lower center of gravity.
The DC24 All Floors uses the same Root Cyclone technology as the other Dyson models, so that you won’t lose suction as your vacuum become full and is suitable for all types of floor, from hard wood to carpet.
As with all Dyson upright vacuums, the DC24 comes with a 5 year parts & labour guarantee.
DC24 All Floors Specification
- Root Cyclone technology so there is no clogging.
- 115 Air Watts (constant) suction.
- Ball technology for smoother, hassle free steering of the vacuum. The ball enables the vacuum to turn on a spot.
- Lifetime washable HEPA filters, so that you don’t have to buy new filters. These filters are specialised filters for straining out much more of the micro-particulate debris (including bacteria, fungal spores etc).
- Motorized brushbar with fingertip control. Turn it on for carpets, or off for delicate flooring or valuable rugs.
- Reversible wand for cleaning stairs and hard to reach places.
- 0.19 gallon bin capacity that empties without having to touch the dust. Press the button and the debris empties from the bottom of the bin. The bin is made of clear plastic, so it is easy to see when it needs to be emptied.
- 20ft cord length.
- 11.65 lb in weight.
- Combination accessory tool and debris nozzle that converts into a brush tool for dusting.
You can also buy a number of additional accessories for the DC24 All Floors, including:
- Flexi crevice tool for getting into tight spaces like between the sofa and the wall, or behind bookshelves.
- Stiff bristle brush for dirt that is dried into the carpet or fabric.
- Multi-angle brush for reaching the tops of furniture, lighting units etc.
- Mattress tool with a wide head for getting the dirt and dust (and bugs) out of your mattress.
Dyson DC24 All Floors Customer Reviews
If you own a Dyson DC24 All Floors vacuum, we would love to hear your views on it. You can leave your own review below by typing it into the box provided at the bottom of this page.
Average customer reviews of the DC24 vacuum at Amazon give it a score of 4 stars out of 5 with 85 people leaving their own comments. I highly recommend you read some of these reviews, as you’ll soon get a feel for how popular this machine is. Over 50% of those who had left a review at the time of writing this, gave the DC24 All Floors a maximum score of 5 out of 5 .
DC24 Owners liked:
- It’s lightweight.
- It’s small and can be stored in small cupboards.
- Powerful suction from such a small unit.
- Easy to empty.
- The Ball “gimmick” is really useful.
- The washable filter.
- The no-tool brushbar access/removal.
DC24 Owners did not like:
- Short hose for attachments.
- Electric cord could be longer.
- Parts are difficult to click into place.