Old vacuum cleaners required bags, and these needed to be emptied and replaced, costing quite a bit over the lifetime of the vacuum cleaner. More and more modern vacuums are bagless, meaning you don’t have paper bags to collect the dirt. Instead, dirt and dust is sucked into a plastic bin that can be easily & hygienically emptied. Below are the bagless vacuum cleaners that we have covered on this site.
Eureka’s catalog has expanded in recent decades to include a handful of ‘specialty’ cleaning appliances. The Pet Lover Oh! upright bagless vacuum is one example of Eureka’s pet related products. Cleaning up pet messes is a big concern for pet owners. Many vacuums cannot handle this task very well. Pet hair and other animal generated debris can clog tubes and become a burden on the appliance. With the Pet Lover Oh! upright, pet owners can find a better way to keep their homes clean and their pets happy.
Utilizing a bagless design helps keep the long term cost of the Pet Lover Oh! Vacuum down. After the initial purchase, consumers only have to replace filters rather than buy new bags every week. The unit is designed to take care of pet hair problems on smooth floors, upholstery and carpeting. It offers a total of 12 AMPs of power to get the job done.
The Pet Lover Oh! bagless vacuum is equipped with a 20 foot power cord which provides a decent cleaning radius. Accessories include a pet upholstery brush and crevice tool that help consumers clean on and around furniture. The unit is backed by a one year manufacturer warranty.
What did customers who bought Eureka’s Pet Lover Oh! upright bagless vacuum like?
- Assembly was made easier by clear, concise directions and took generally under ten minutes for most consumers.
- The compact size is ideal for smaller living spaces, such as apartments, single rooms or town homes.
- Emptying the collection container is very easy and requires only the push of a button to remove from the vacuum.
- The Pet Lover Oh! vacuum proved effective in homes with multiple pets, even heavy shedders.
What did Eureka’s Pet Lover Oh! customers dislike?
- The Pet Lover Oh! sometimes blows pet fur and debris in front of the vacuum, mainly when used on smooth surfaces, which makes it very difficult to suck up.
- The Pet Lover Oh! bagless vacuum seems to frequently break after only a short period of regular use. Longevity was not noted as a strong point for this model.
- Some consumers found that the tiny roller wheels placed on the bottom of the vacuum scratched their hard wood floors, leaving permanent damage.
Since the early 1900s, Electrolux has been producing many household appliances that have turned some consumers into return customers. Another example is the Versatility bagless upright vacuum. The Electrolux EL8502B Versatility vacuum offers consumers 12 AMPs of power that can handle carpeting and smooth floors. This unit includes a two year manufacturer warranty as well as the reliability many consumers have come to expect from this manufacturer.
The Versatility vacuum is packaged with a 14 foot stretch hose for greater reach when cleaning stairs or high surfaces. It is also designed with an on and off motorized brush roll control and edge cleaning bristles that allow consumers to work deep down into commonly missed areas. The one and 1/5th quart dust container gathers debris while the HEPA filter system helps remove allergens and more from air and floors. The presence of the HEPA system makes the Versatility a good option for those with allergies or asthma.
This unit comes with a dusting brush, crevice tool and hand held Turbo tool. The HEPA filter reduces house hold odors while giving floors a thorough cleaning. Many consumers flock to the Versatility’s bagless design, which dramatically reduces the amount of money need to maintain the vacuum after the initial purchase.
What did customers who bought Electrolux’s Versatility bagless upright vacuum like?
- Removing and emptying the collection compartment is very easy and requires only the flip of a lever.
- The Versatility offers a great deal of power that helps keep the suction going at optimum levels in most situations.
- Many consumers with multiple pets in their homes commented that the Versatility was able to keep up with significant pet hair accumulation on floors.
- All included tools can be stored on the vacuum cleaner, making it much easier to keep everything together and store it without losing pieces.
What did Electrolux’s Versatility bagless upright vacuum customers dislike?
- Some consumers had issues with their Versatility vacuum shutting off automatically due to a blockage that they could not find after multiple inspections.
- Repeated returns have been made due to the roller brush malfunctioning and falling apart after only a few months of regular use. This part appears to be a weak spot in the vacuum’s over all design.
- The unit consistently clogs for many consumers. Clearing the various compartments and channels is not easy each time it requires attention.
Combining many cleaning tools into one convenient tool is definitely a good thing. It saves space and simplifies many home maintenance tasks. Electrolux has created its ErgoRapido bagless cordless hand held and stick vacuum cleaner to do just that. Consumers can make one purchase and get a stick vacuum as well as a hand cleaner all in one for a diverse number of options when tidying up or doing a quick clean up. It may not be a good choice as a replacement for the main vacuum in the home, but it does offer the functionality of a compact, light vacuum and a hand cleaning appliance.
The ErgoRapido vacuum is designed to be very lightweight. It weighs around six pounds, making it an easy choice for those who are concerned about lifting a heavy full size model. The bagless design can also help reduce the amount of money needed to keep the ErgoRapido operating over time as well. It easily fits into most storage spaces.
Electrolux backs its ErgoRapido bagless vacuum with a two year warranty. The battery charger is Energy Star approved and manages 9.6 volts of power. The charging station can be mounted on walls for easy storage. The unit is packaged with a dusting brush and crevice tool that allow the vacuum to clean in corners, cushions and more.
What did customers who bought Electrolux’s ErgoRapido hand held and stick vacuum like?
- The extremely light design makes the ErgoRapido vacuum easy to handle and use. The compact size makes it great for storing in an apartment or other small living space.
- Many consumers were satisfied with the suction power on most rugs and carpets.
- The appearance of the ErgoRapido vacuum is very appealing. It comes in orange with a hint of copper to tone it down and give it a hint of classic style.
- The stick and hand vacuum combination allows consumers to perform a quick pick up clean without getting out a full size vacuum cleaner.
What did Electrolux’s ErgoRapido hand held and stick vacuum customers dislike?
- After about six months, some consumers reported that the battery began to hold less charge and the motor would run slower than it did originally.
- Over time, the suction power of the ErgoRapido vacuum begins to diminish (usually in relation to the dying battery).
- Larger debris, such as cereal spills, is not picked up by the ErgoRapido and may only be pushed around on floors.
Many consumers prefer the upright design, but want something more portable and easier to store. Dyson presents the DC18 Slim all floors cyclone upright vacuum. This unit offers a lightweight design that can easily be carried up stairs and stored in smaller closets and other spaces. Just like other products in the Dyson catalog, the DC18 is also constructed with quality and offers a long life span compared to other vacuum brands.
The DC18 is constructed with a lifetime HEPA filter system that eliminates the need to purchase additional filters. The HEPA system removes a great deal of airborne allergens and debris, expelling clean air back into your home. A lifetime filter dramatically reduces the cost required to keep the DC18 in good working order, which is a big plus for consumers who are on the fence about the price of a Dyson vacuum.
The DC18 offers a total of 200 air watts of cleaning power. This unit is also equipped with a long 25 foot power cord and 4/9 gallon collection compartment that can be emptied by pushing a single button. The DC18 is backed by a five year warranty and includes an on and off brush bar that extends to reach higher surfaces and stairs.
What did customers who bought Dyson’s DC18 Slim All Floors upright vacuum like?
- Storing the DC18 Slim is made much easier by its size. The unit is about a third smaller than the average full size vacuum cleaner.
- Dyson’s DC18 is equipped with a narrow head, which allows it to access narrow spaces and get under and behind heavy furniture with ease.
- This unit includes the strong suction power that has become an expectation of most Dyson models, even though it weighs less.
- The included crevice tool is made to be durable and is an ideal size and shape for taking care of narrow spaces and base boards.
What did Dyson’s DC18 Slim All Floors upright vacuum customers dislike?
- After about two months of use, some consumers found that the stand included with the DC18 stops working and the unit will not stand on its own. As more time passes, this issue became worse.
- The Dyson DC18 makes a lot of noise, primarily an irritating whistling sound that some consumers found very unpleasant and disruptive.
- After multiple uses, some consumers found that the beater bar did not function as well and began leaving clumps of dirt and hair behind that had to be picked up after vacuuming.
Consistent, powerful suction is one of the strong points of almost any Dyson vacuum model. The DC07 All Floors Cyclone upright vacuum is another example of Dyson’s quality and eye for effective design. The unit is equipped with Dyson’s trademark cyclonic system that helps maintain suction for optimum cleaning power every time the vacuum is used. Many consumers return to Dyson because of the reliability and unfaltering suction power of its products.
The DC07 is constructed with a HEPA filter system that is certified as asthma friendly. Dyson’s HEPA filters have been known to help remove 99.99% of debris from the air, making your home more breathable as well as clean. Every time the Dyson DC07 is used, the air taken in through the vacuum is effectively cleaned and sent back out nearly 100% free of airborne allergens such as dust and pollen. The HEPA system is a must have for homes with allergy sufferers and pets.
Additional accessories packaged with the DC07 include a 17 foot long hose, dusting brush, upholstery attachment and crevice tool for narrow spaces. The unit is designed to be bag free to keep long term maintenance costs down. It is also packaged with a five year warranty courtesy of Dyson.
What did customers who bought Dyson’s DC07 All Floors Cyclone upright vacuum like?
- The DC07 is packaged with a sizable 25 foot power cord that allows it to reach across large rooms or into multiple rooms before an outlet change is required.
- Emptying the collection compartment is very fast and easy and makes the overall vacuuming experience far more convenient.
- The lifetime HEPA filter is a nice bonus that eliminates the extra expense of buying filters or vacuum bags.
- Strong suction is a great feature offered by the DC07, and it is made even better by the minimal noise output experienced during normal operation.
What did Dyson’s DC07 All Floors Cyclone upright vacuum customers dislike?
- Some consumers complained that the Dyson DC07 does not come with a headlight feature like other high end vacuums do.
- Negative experiences have been reported when consumer had to contact Dyson’s customer support to make good on product warranty promises.
- Consumers found that multiple parts broke over a short period of time with the DC07. In some cases parts that have been replaced broke again and required a third replacement part to get the unit functioning again.
The Dyson brand is associated with many products, but some of these deviate away from the standard upright vacuum design. Dyson satisfies fans of the canister vacuum with its DC21 Stowaway model. This vacuum cleaner utilizes a canister set up and equips it with all the popular features that have made Dyson so desirable. The unit maintains constant and even suction power, even after a long period of use and comes with a durable design many consumers love.
The Dyson DC21 Stowaway canister vacuum comes with 220 air watts of power and a power cord that measures over 16 feet long. This model is also equipped with a 4/9 gallon collection bin and conveniently compact design that is ideal for storage in smaller spaces. Dyson has also backed up its DC21 Stowaway with a five year warranty. Most consumers find they do not need to use the warranty, but it is there just in case.
The DC21 is packaged with a hard floor tool that extends for use on stairs and elevated surfaces. An on and off brush bar enhances cleaning potential along with the lifetime HEPA filter. Through the HEPA system, the Dyson DC21 can remove a great deal of particles and allergens from the air sucked in through the vacuum.
What did customers who bought Dyson’s DC21 Stowaway canister vacuum like?
- The extreme suction power offered by a Dyson turns many apprehensive customers into long time Dyson buyers.
- The DC21 Stowaway cleans air as well as carpets through its highly effective HEPA filter system.
- Emptying and cleaning of the dust collection compartment is simple and convenient, reducing the amount of time needed to finish the job.
- The unit is not as loud as most other vacuums. There is some noise, but noise output in general is low with a Dyson model.
What did Dyson’s DC21 Stowaway customers dislike?
- The Dyson DC21 is constructed primarily of plastic pieces. Over time, these can become damaged or cracked and hinder the vacuum’s ability to collect dust securely.
- Some consumers found that the hose accessory included was a problematic weak point. It would sometimes break apart and become unusable after a short period of time.
- Not everyone likes the canister vacuum design. Some consumers complained that the DC21 in particular had trouble rolling over carpeting and other obstacles, possibly due to the small wheels attached to the canister base.
Dyson is one of the most well known names in the vacuum cleaner industry. It is most often associated with high end models that can get a little pricy for some consumers. The concept behind Dyson vacuum came about in 1979 when founder, James Dyson, was inspired to improve on existing vacuum designs. These shows significantly in the way Dyson’s products have progressed over the decades.
Today, Dyson models are recognized for their durability and excellent power capabilities. They never lose suction and include patented cyclone technology that is known for collecting more pet hair, dander and dust particles than most similar vacuums. The DC23 Animal vacuum cleaner can collect as much as 99.9% of all particles that enter it, which means that the air sent back out of the Dyson into your home is 99.99% cleaner after each vacuuming.
The DC23 Animal is also built for convenience. It is very easy to push and can be maneuvered in most small spaces. The use of a filter means consumers never have to purchase vacuum bags again. This specific model is intended to be optimized for homes with pets. Even households with multiple dogs or cats notice a difference with the DC23, which can keep up with fur and dander removal when used regularly.
What did customers who bought Dyson’s DC23 Animal vacuum cleaner like?
- They are much quieter compared to similar models by different manufacturers. Even though there is some noise, it is kept to a minimum.
- Adding or removing accessories from the Dyson DC23 Animal is very easy and requires only a single step to snap on or take off.
- The suction power offered by a Dyson is very strong and consistent. They do not lose their suction power over time like some vacuum cleaners do.
What did Dyson’s DC23 Animal customers dislike?
- The extension wand included is a little unwieldy and can be cumbersome to use in some situations.
- Dyson’s powerful suction can actually work against the appliance, pulling carpet fibers right out of floors in some carpet types. Consumer should test run on various surfaces before vacuuming an entire room to monitor potential damage.
- Dyson recommends that consumers check filters an average of every six months on most models. Those intended for pets (or used in homes with pets or excessive dust) will need to check much more frequently, possibly once a month.
Bissell has been producing carpet cleaning products since the late 1800s. That’s a long time to perfect features and come up with new concepts like the one behind the Versus vacuum cleaner. This unique creation by Bissell offers consumers a new take on the standard bare floor cleaner. The Bissell Versus vacuum includes a 12 AMP motor and bagless design for better convenience when cleaning smooth flooring and low pile carpets. Bagless also means less money is needed to maintain the Versus.
What makes the Versus so unique is the V shaped base. The shape is intended to get into corners and run right along walls for a more precise clean. It also directs a majority of large debris into the center of the V where it is sucked up while finer particles are collected by the arm extensions. The unit offers a 13 inch wide cleaning path and is equipped with a pre motor filter and one year manufacturer warranty.
Additional features include a stretch hose and narrow crevice tool. The vacuum head is also designed to pivot left and right so consumers can easily work around furniture and into every nook and cranny of a room. The V shape is a great choice for many households, especially those with numerous obstacles in each room.
What did customers who bought Bissell’s Versus bare floor vacuum cleaner like?
- The initial assembly of the Bissell Versus is very simple and takes almost no time at all.
- The overall design of the Versus is very lightweight and compact. Anyone can easily lift or maneuver the unit throughout their home or carry it to different floors with ease.
- Pet hair, leaves and other large debris was easily collected by the Versus, leaving floors tidy and debris-free.
- The bagless design eliminates the need to purchase bags and makes it even easier to maintain the Versus.
What did Bissell’s Versus bare floor vacuum cleaner customers dislike?
- Some consumers found that while using the Versus in homes with pets, fur and dander was stuck in the arms and did not get sucked into the vacuum like it should have.
- The power cord included with the Versus was rather short which requires more plugging and unplugging and can prolong the time needed to finish vacuuming.
- Crumbs and other debris can sometimes clog openings in the V shaped head and cause the unit to eject them back onto the floors, sometimes at a great distance.
The Momentum upright bagless vacuum cleaner by Bissell offers all the standard features most consumers have come to expect out of a vacuum along with a few extra bells and whistles. This cleaning appliance is constructed with a 30 foot power cord for a sizable cleaning radius as well as 12 AMPs of power. It is another example of Bissell’s experience in the carpet cleaner industry, which began in the late 1800s and has thrived because of improvement an innovations through product features.
The Momentum upright is packaged with a one year manufacturer’s warranty, an extension wand, dusting brush, upholstery tool, crevice tool and the Turbo brush. Each accessory adds another option for a diverse selection of cleaning options that can handle regular flooring, carpets, furniture, stairs and other surfaces the vacuum head may not be able to reach.
Another useful feature included in the Bissell Momentum is the exclusive DirtLifter brush system. This feature, along with the strong suction and high efficiency cyclonic vacuum design, help make the Momentum a good value for the price. Consumers searching for an all in one vacuum that can handle regular household use can benefit from Bissell’s Momentum. This model offers just the right quantity of extras and basic functions to work effectively without dramatically increasing the cost of the appliance.
What did customers who bought Bissell’s Momentum upright bagless vacuum cleaner like?
- Bissell’s Momentum comes with a lengthy 30 feet of power cord, which helps make house cleaning far more convenient with fewer interruptions to unplug and re-plug in the cord.
- The lightweight design is easy to lift and transport. Carrying the Momentum from one floor to the next requires less effort than other similar vacuum cleaners.
- The dirt collection container is very easy to remove, empty then replace.
- The Momentum includes a pre motor filter that can be removed and washed for continued use.
What did Bissell’s Momentum upright bagless vacuum cleaner customers dislike?
- A compartment positioned just above the dirt collection container tends to accumulate debris, especially pet fur, which causes the vacuum to require more frequent emptying during use.
- The Bissell Momentum’s filter seems to become clogged easily, which can begin to cause the suction power to diminish quickly.
- The noise output caused during regular operation can be very high and become disruptive in a household of multiple people or apartment setting.
- The Momentum seemed heavier than necessary, which made it easy to tip over. This was especially obvious when applying or using the hose included with the unit.
The Ultra Swivel Glide bagless vacuum by Dirt Devil is equipped with a 12 AMP motor designed to help with many different types of cleaning jobs, especially in homes with many pieces of furniture to vacuum around. The unit is also constructed with smooth swivel casters that make it much easier to move during use. Consumers can quickly maneuver around obstacles without bumping into them (and potentially causing damage such as nicks and scratches).
The Dirt Devil Ultra Swivel Glide vacuum also offers the same appeal as other bagless models. Consumers never have to purchase another package of vacuum bags with this type of appliance. Although there is a filter that will require changing, it is generally far less frequent even with significant use. In the long run, it is a much more convenient option that reduces household waste and eliminates the cost of replacement bags.
Dirt Devil’s Ultra Swivel Glide bagless vacuum also comes with a handful of on board tools including an upholstery accessory and hose that is ideal for reaching stairs and elevated surfaces. Five height setting options make it possible to use the Ultra Swivel Glide on many different floor surfaces without damaging them.
What did customers who bought Dirt Devil’s Ultra Swivel Glide bagless upright vacuum like?
- Pushing the Ultra Swivel Glide upright vacuum is very easy and requires minimal effort when moving forward.
- The brushes included with the unit are powerful to handle many different house holds jobs.
- The lightweight design of Dirt Devil’s Ultra Swivel Glide vacuum makes it ideal for individuals who cannot lift well and makes it easy to transport up and down stairs.
- The price is ideal for the value offered by the Ultra Swivel Glide, offering an excellent balance consumers appreciate.
What did Dirt Devil’s Ultra Swivel Glide customers dislike?
- Switching from regular vacuuming to using the accessories is not very convenient and can be a bit difficult.
- The Ultra Swivel Glide generates a great deal of noise when in use. This can be disruptive and limit the times when the vacuum can be used without becoming a distraction.
- Maneuvering the Ultra Swivel Glide over some types of carpeting may prove difficult. The unit may move comfortably in one direction, but switching directions may require a great deal of effort even when the proper vacuum setting has been selected.
Dirt Devil’s M0215SPC Kurv cordless rechargeable hand vacuum is constructed with a very modern, unique design. Its look is a part of this model’s allure: it can actually be kept out within sight as a display piece that compliments your home. The appearance creates more options when storing the vacuum. Consumers can stow it in a closet or set it in a corner or on a shelf. Of course, the look of the vacuum is not the most important feature it offers.
The unit is also very compact, measuring 6 inches by 6 inches by 18 inches. The sleek, small shape makes it much easier to find somewhere to conveniently store the Kurv. Dirt Devil includes a three year warranty with this model. It runs on a strong 9 and 3/5 volts battery and requires no power cord, which can limit the range of motion when in use. The unit is plugged into the base to charge so it is always ready to grab and vacuum.
Additional features include a soft covered tip to prevent scratching on delicate surfaces. The dirt container is designed to be easy to empty and the unit requires a replaceable filter. Overall, the Dirt Devil Kurv cordless rechargeable hand vacuum combines style with functionality in a way that works very well for many consumers.
What did customers who bought Dirt Devil’s Kurv cordless rechargeable hand vacuum like?:
- The size and design of the Kurv rivals many other hand vacuums, including its predecessor the Dirt Devil Kone.
- Works exceptionally well for quick clean up jobs, such as crumbs and the occasional spill that doesn’t require a full size vacuum.
- The suction power offered by the Kurv is optimum and can handle even significant pet hair and dander.
- Dirt Devil’s Dynamite Plus vacuum works on many different types of debris, from sand to pet hair and dirt.
What did customers dislike?:
- The Kurv is more of a quick cleaning tool and does not work as well on carpeting or rugs and bigger cleaning jobs.
- Larger debris, such as cat litter spills, is left behind by the Kurve rechargeable hand vacuum.
- The dirt collection compartment is not very big and will require frequent cleaning when the vacuum is used often.
- Holding the Kurv at certain angles may cause previously collected dust and debris to fall back out of the vacuum, even while it is turned on and in use.
The Dirt Devil Dynamite Plus upright vacuum offers consumers an upright model with a convenient lightweight design. The unit weighs in at less than 8 pounds total, making it an ideal option for elderly individuals or anyone who may have trouble carrying a heavier vacuum cleaner. It includes the Dynapower design, which his listed at a 26.0 cleaning effectiveness rating. It is designed to handle both carpeting and smooth flooring with equal effectiveness.
Dirt Devil created the Dynamite Plus upright vacuum as a simple solution for everyday household use. It comes with a handful of features, including an easy to empty dirt compartment and effective HEPA filter system that can help improve overall air quality in the home. Each time the vacuum is used, the HEPA filter will help remove dirt and debris and reduce the amount of airborne allergens that make it back into your home.
The Dynamite Plus upright vacuum is packaged with a stretch hose and basic on board tools that can be easily stored with the unit, eliminating the need for a separate container. A 30 foot power cord offers a sizable reach so consumers have to unplug and plug the unit less often when vacuuming multiple rooms.
What did customers who bought Dirt Devil’s Dynamite Plus upright vacuum like?
- The lightweight design makes the Dynamite Plus upright vacuum easy enough for a small child to use. It’s a great choice for older individuals or anyone who has experienced trouble lifting larger models.
- Powerful suction helps the Dynamite Plus work effectively without the need for a larger model.
- The handle is designed to retract so the Dynamite Plus is very easy to store in a small space.
- Dirt Devil’s Dynamite Plus vacuum works on many different types of debris, from sand to pet hair and dirt. It’s a great choice for homes that include children or pets.
What did Dirt Devil’s Dynamite Plus customers dislike?
- The noise output on this unit is rather high, which can make it unsuitable during certain times (such as vacuuming in the evening when others may be sleeping). Noise can also disturb napping children or frighten pets during use.
- Exhaust is blown out of the Dynamite Plus upright while in use which can kick up dust and blow light objects around while vacuuming.
- The Dynamite Plus does not offer a very low profile, which can make it difficult to slide under furniture and other objects in the home.
Dirt Devil’s Swift stick vacuum provides consumers with convenience in a nicely compact vacuum cleaner. The Swift stick utilizes a conveniently compact design that fits easily into any size living space, from very small to much larger homes. Apartment and dorm dwellers can really appreciate the size of the Swift stick while larger home owners can use it as a supplemental vacuum. The unit is equipped with a convenient easy empty dirt cup that allows consumers to keep the unit running at optimum levels with minimal effort.
The Swift stick vacuum is packaged with an on board crevice tool to give consumers more cleaning options when getting around and behind furniture and cushions or when working in corners. The unit is designed to be light weight so it is easy to grab and use for a quick clean. The portable design is also ideal for anyone who may not be capable of lifting a heavy full sized vacuum.
Each Dirt Devil Swift stick vacuum is constructed with a 16 foot power cord as well as a strong metal handle. The unit is great for cleaning smooth flooring as well as carpets. It can also be altered to use as a hand vacuum for smaller cleaning jobs. The Dirt Devil Swift stick vacuum cleaner gives consumers more options in a compact design.
What did customers who bought Dirt Devil’s Swift stick vacuum like?
- Many consumers loved how effective the Swift stick vacuum was when used on dirty hard wood floors and other smooth surfaces.
- The unit stays mostly cool, even when used for more than 30 to 40 minutes in most cases.
- The compact, lightweight size and design is a great fit for small living spaces, such as dorm rooms or apartments.
- Emptying the dirt and debris from the collection compartment is very easy and takes no time at all.
What did Dirt Devil’s Swift stick customers dislike?
- The Swift stick makes noise like most standard vacuums. This can be a bit loud in some situations and can limit when the vacuum can be used without becoming a disturbance.
- Some consumers had issues with the power of the Dirt Devil Swift stick. It seemed unable to do many larger cleaning jobs or handle carpet vacuuming.
- Small vents that are intended to help filter debris can actually cause a majority of debris to remain on floors rather than making it into the collection compartment.
- Cleaning the Swift Stick’s filter can be very troublesome and must be done to prevent the unit from becoming clogged and losing suction.
Stick vacuums can be very convenient for storage in small homes. They are lighter than full size uprights and much easier to tuck into a small closet or other storage space. The bagless design is equally as convenient because it requires no additional bag purchases for the life of the vacuum cleaner. The Dirt Devil M084100 Power stick bagless vacuum offers consumers both of these qualities in a single, functional model. This unit includes 10 AMPs of power ideal for use on carpeting and smooth floors.
The Power stick bagless vacuum includes a transparent dirt cup so it is easy to see when the cup needs emptied without opening the compartment to check. An air filter and motor guard system is also built in along with a 20 foot power cord. Storage and transportation of the Power stick vacuum is made easier with its lightweight design and built in storage hook that allows the unit to be hung when not in use.
Dirt Devil includes a two year warranty with its Power stick bagless vacuum. Additional features include a low profile for easy cleaning under and around furniture as well as an 11 inch floor nozzle. The Power stick vacuum by Dirt Devil can be used in small living spaces or purchased to supplement a larger unit for smaller jobs and quick clean ups.
What did customers who bought Dirt Devil’s M084100 Power stick bagless vacuum like?
- The small, lightweight design makes the Power stick bagless vacuum ideal for small apartments and dorm rooms.
- The price of this vacuum is another attractive feature, making it a preferred alternative for those searching for a compact vacuum.
- The stick bagless includes plenty of suction and power to do most household jobs, which adds to its appeal as the main cleaning appliance in small living spaces.
- Cleaning the dirt cup is simple: it can be quickly removed, emptied and replaced without much effort and in only a few steps.
What did Dirt Devil’s M084100 Power stick bagless customers dislike?
- The Power stick bagless vacuum is a little weighty for its size, which can make it difficult to prop up in a corner or stand upright on its own without hanging it.
- The noise output generated when the vacuum is in use which can be a disturbance to others in the home.
- The dirt cup is easy to empty, or very small which means it will need frequent attention.
- Even though the Power Stick offers adequate power, some consumers noticed that it was all focused on a small portion of the brush which had to be aimed properly or debris would be left behind.
Dirt Devil offers the Vision Turbo canister vacuum as another option for fans of the canister design. This unit provides an appealing combination of features, accessories and price. The Vision Turbo vacuum is equipped with a 12 AMP motor that helps keep dirt and debris passing through the unit’s HEPA filter system. The HEPA system is designed to remove 99.9% of all allergens and dust particles in the home, making it an excellent choice for homes with allergy sufferers or significant dust and dander issues.
Dirt Devil’s Vision Turbo canister vacuum uses a bagless design that is optimized for carpeting, smooth flooring and other surfaces as well as homes with pets. The removal of a disposable bag reduces the long term costs associated with the Vision Turbo, making it an economical choice for many consumers. A 20 foot power cord is included.
Accessories include crevice tool, upholstery tool, dusting tool, turbo power hand brush, carpet nozzle and floor nozzle. The unit is also backed by a two year warranty that covers the motor and parts, and helps reassure indecisive consumers considering the Vision Turbo. This model offers many convenient features in a basic canister vacuum that is, for the most part, economical.
What did customers who bought Dirt Devil’s 082700 Vision Turbo canister vacuum like?
- The convenient automatic cord rewind feature makes it much easier to use and store the Dirt Devil Vision Turbo canister vacuum.
- After taking the Vision Turbo home, many consumers loved the quick, painless assembly required to get it ready to use.
- Cleaning dirt and debris from the Dirt Devil Vision Turbo is simple and requires a quick press of a button to access the dirt container and remove it for emptying.
- Excellent balance of price and value compared to other similar units available through other manufacturers.
What did Dirt Devil’s 082700 Vision Turbo customers dislike?
- The HEPA filter may need to be changed often, depending on how frequently the unit is used. This can get very expensive over time when multiple filters are needed every few weeks.
- The overheat function causes the unit to shut off when it gets too hot. While this is a good thing, it tends to overheat rather quickly which can become frustrating and require multiple sessions to finish vacuuming multiple rooms.
- The built in accessory holder is made of plastic and frequently drops accessories. Some consumers reported this lead to the loss of the vacuum’s original accessories.
Dirt Devil is easily one of the most recognizable names in the realm of vacuum cleaners. There are man good reasons for this. The company offers a diverse selection of products that are affordable as well as functional. The M0105 Purpose for Pets hand vacuum is another example of why Dirt Devil is so well known. This economical model is intended for households with one or more furry inhabitants.
The Purpose for Pets is designed to help clean up pet hair throughout the home while lowering the impact of pet dander, fur and other debris on allergy sufferers. The unit can remove a great deal of debris and begin to improve air quality. It is also intended for larger jobs, such as cleaning up pet food and cat litter from floors. Dirt Devil’s Purpose for Pets allows consumers to keep their homes breathable and odor free and their pet’s living spaces tidy.
The Purpose for Pets includes an effective HEPA filter system that traps common allergens and removes them from the home. The unit comes with a five piece tool set, the highlight of which is the pet hair upholstery brush. Dirt Devil’s Purpose for Pets hand vacuum can help supplement your standard vacuum in keeping your home pleasantly clean with pets.
What did customers who bought Dirt Devil’s M0105 Purpose for Pets hand vacuum like?
- An on and off power switch that does not have to be held down during use. The unit stays on until it is manually switched off.
- The Dirt Devil Purpose for Pets is a more affordable option compared to other high end brands, making it more attractive for some consumers.
- The unit includes a sufficient power cord length that works well in most homes, even when going up and down stair cases.
- Excellent strength to manage pet hair of all lengths and help give homes an overall better clean with fewer allergens left behind in the air and on furniture and carpets.
What did Dirt Devil’s M0105 Purpose customers dislike?
- The brush used on the Purpose for Pets hand vacuum is too wide to fit easily into some spaces. Some consumers had issues positioning it on narrow stairs.
- Dirt Devil’s model is very loud during operation and offers no quieting feature like other more expensive models.
- If the unit’s belt slips off, which can happen after a very short period of use, it is much harder to put back on than the directions indicate.
- Some consumers had issues with the Purpose for Pet’s roller becoming damaged, which resulted in broken pieces of plastic and melted debris falling out of the vacuum.
The bold look of Dirt Devil’s SD20005 Scorpion Quick Flip 7 AMP hand vacuum is not the only feature this model offers. Available in brilliant red, Dirt Devil has equipped this unit to handle tough messes, even large size debris such as sand or pebbles. There is little the Scorpion Quick Flip can’t handle in terms of home clean up.
The Scorpion Quick Flip is also equipped with a narrow crevice tool to get right into tight spaces, behind furniture, in corners and more. It’s ideal for use between couch cushions or the seats in a car or truck. The added utility makes the hand vacuum option much more appealing for some consumers. The Scorpion also comes with a functional dusting brush and hose for a diverse selection of cleaning tools that can handle many different spills and cleaning tasks.
Many consumers enjoy the lack of a bag or belt. The SD20005 Scorpion Quick Flip hand vacuum requires neither because it instead uses a dust cup. The unit includes a 16 foot power cords for a respectable reach. The Dirt Devil Scorpion hand vacuum is economically priced and can help many consumers take care of clean ups much more quickly, eliminating the need to lug the big, full size upright out of storage for every little spill.
What did customers who bought Dirt Devil’s SD20005 Scorpion Quick Flip hand vacuum like?
- The flip down nose design allows the Scorpion Quick Flip hand vacuum to get right down into hard to reach places easily, making it a great choice for home or the garage.
- A great deal of power is offered by the Scorpion, which allows consumers to use it for even jobs involving larger debris, as heavy as pebbles.
- The unit is packaged with its attachments rather than requiring a separate purchase, making it even more economical.
- Can be used to clean pet hair and debris from clothing while it is worn for a quick way to save on lint rollers.
What did Dirt Devil’s SD20005 Scorpion Quick Flip hand vacuum customers dislike?
- Although it collects up a great deal of debris, the Dirt Devil Scorpion can be a challenge to clean. May take a few minutes to thoroughly remove debris from the filter.
- Seems to lose significant suction power when the hose is attached and used, which can severely hinder the unit’s ability to remove pet hair and debris.
- A side vent blows air while in use, and can kick up dust and shift papers or other lightweight objects laying nearby.
The Dirt Devil Breeze bagless upright vacuum is an excellent choice for many homes. It offers the popular upright design in a unit that can handle many every day cleaning tasks with ease. The bagless feature also makes the Breeze upright vacuum a more convenient option in the long run. Consumers never have to worry about running out of bags when using the vacuum and can remove the cost of replacement bags from their weekly shopping expenses.
This unit includes a strong 12 AMP motor that is powered by a lengthy 25 foot cord. This combination makes it easy to complete a large room with a thorough cleaning, even in highly trafficked areas in your home. The Breeze provides decent suction and a number of convenient features at a price that is more economical compared to other brand name models.
Dirt Devil has packaged the Breeze bagless upright vacuum with a dusting brush, narrow crevice tool and extension wand. The unit is also covered by a two year warranty to consumers can purchase with confidence. The Dirt Devil Breeze upright vacuum is a good choice for consumers who want to purchase a single household vacuum cleaner without spending hundreds for a high end model.
What did customers who bought Dirt Devil’s M088160 Breeze upright vacuum like?
- Quick assembly that requires only four screws so the consumer can get right to work cleaning carpets, flooring and more.
- A lightweight design that makes it easy to carry the Dirt Devil Breeze upright vacuum all over your home or transport it elsewhere.
- An affordable price that makes this model a good value and easily accessible for lower budgets.
- A built in thermal protective device that will automatically shut the motor off when it nears over heating to prevent damage.
What did Dirt Devil’s M088160 Breeze upright vacuum customers dislike?
- The Breeze bagless upright does not come with a HEPA filter, although the unit can use one. Consumers who want to use a HEPA filter must be purchase one separately.
- To use the hose, the consumer must detach the unit’s main hose, which adds an extra step to the process and reduces the convenience of this bagless vacuum.
- The Breeze tends to clog easily and may require frequent attention, especially when used regularly for big household jobs.
Dirt Devil’s 100 Classic 7 AMP bagless hand vacuum offers consumers another economical choice to get the job done and done well. This unit includes a powerful motor that can handle even difficult jobs. A motorized brush helps clean pet hair from carpets and furniture as well as deep set dirt and debris. The bagless design is a preferred choice for many consumers because it can reduce the overall cost of maintenance when using the 100 Classic regularly.
The 100 Classic hand held vacuum includes a bagless dirt cup that makes it easier to clean compared to other hand held models. Consumers simply empty the cup then resume vacuuming or store the unit until it is needed later. The 100 Classic is also equipped with a functional HEPA filter system to reduce airborne debris in the home. This is definitely a feature allergy sufferers and pet owners should look for when purchasing any type of vacuum cleaner.
A three year warranty is included with every new Dirt Devil 100 Classic vacuum. The unit is also packaged with a crevice tool, upholstery brush, dusting brush, hose and wand for maximum flexibility. The Dirt Devil 100 Classic gives consumers many options in a convenient hand held vacuum.
What did customers who bought Dirt Devil’s 100 Classic hand vacuum like?
- Many consumers who previously purchased similar Dirt Devil products loved the improved suction capability of the 100 Classic.
- The included accessories, especially the crevice tool, work very well and help get into hard to reach places, such as behind furniture and between cushions where debris can often accumulate unnoticed.
- A lengthy cord is included so the consumer can easily tote the vacuum around their home without moving the plug as often.
- Emptying the dirt collection cup is easy and requires almost no time so that the consumer can clean up the 100 Classic and put it away quickly or move on to another job.
What did Dirt Devil’s 100 Classic hand vacuum customers dislike?
- Some consumers loved the improved suction, but hated the fact that the unit seemed to fill up faster and become clogged which means more frequent stops to empty the dirt cup.
- The belt is notorious for falling off after a short period of use and can be extremely difficult to get back on to the unit so that it functions again.
- The attachment tab is flimsy and may break after only a short time. Consumers found this to be a common problem point with the 100 Classic.
Dyson DC25 Blueprint is a limited
edition upright vacuum cleaner from Dyson.
This vacuum cleaner comes with a Flat Out head for cleaning under low furniture – you can see it in the screenshot on this page.
The Dyson DC25 Blueprint uses the popular Dyson ball technology which means this vacuum cleaner is easy to maneuver around your home.
The motorized brush bar uses an independent motor drive for the brush which gives better cleaning. The suction is provided by Dyson’s excellent Root Cyclone technology so there is no bag to empty or replace. The mini-cyclone that is created inside the machine, literally spins the dust out of the air and into the dust bin. To empty the dust bin, you just need to push a button on top of the cyclone pack.
As with many other Dyson vacuums, this one comes with an extension wand with Telescopic reach so you can reach those hard to get areas.
To help clean stairs, you have the stair and combo tool.
This vacuum cleaner uses a HEPA filter and is certified asthma friendly because it removes 99.9% of airborne allergens passing through the cleaner.
The Bissell 17G5 PROlite Multi-Cyclonic vacuum cleaner is an upright cleaner that sucks the dirt into a dust cup. This bagless vacuum cleaner uses Bissell’s multi-cyclonic technology to provide strong, lasting suction. The 12 amp motor powers the system.
There are a number of nice features on the Bissell PROlite 17G5, including:
- Stretchy hose for above floor cleaning, and cleaning those hard to reach shelves, curtains and bookcases.
- Automatic height adjustment so that the vacuum can cope with bare floors, shallow carpets and deep pile.
- Easy to empty dirt container when the dirt reaches the full line. Press a button to release the dirt.
- Washable pre-motor filter.
- Post-Motor HEPA filter for catching allergens and other small particles that can cause breathing difficulties in those with allergy or asthma..
- Eight and a half foot wire-reinforced stretch hose
The Bissell 17G5 PRO Lite comes with a number of accessories including:
- Turbo Brush for small areas that need attention.
- Crevice tool
- extension wand for reaching the higher, more inaccessible areas of your home
- dusting brush
- bendable wand attachment for cleaning underneath furniture
- deluxe floor tool
There haven’t been many reviews of this vacuum on Amazon, but it is clear that reading those reviews that have been posted that people generally like this cleaner. The one negative review was done to a falty on/off switch that can happen with any machine. The other reviews were positive, with people liking:
- easy to use
- automatic height adjustment
- Bendy wand for getting underneath beds, sofas and other furniture without having to get on your hands and knees
- design – as this is a cool looking vacuum cleaner
Things that were not so popular:
- Wand & attachments take time to master
Bissell’s Pet Hair Eraser Dual-Cyclonic (3920) is an upright, bagless vacuum cleaner. It has a powerful 12 amp motor coupled with a 2-stage cyclonic technology ensuring great suction for removing that stubborn dirt, dust & pet hair.
This bagless vacuum cleaner has an easy to empty dirt container plus a lot of other great features including:
- On-board tool so that you don’t lose them. These tools include a dusting brush, crevice tool, pet hair lifter and the Turbo Brush.
- Adjustable height settings with 7 different heights. This ensures that the cleaning head is the best possible height from any floor type you might want to clean.
- Easy empty dirt container.
- Clean filter indicator.
- 15 inch wide cleaning path.
- 35 foot power cord.
- HEPA filtration – HEPA is well-known for its powerful filtration, removing up to 99.9% of allergens that can wreak havoc on the respiratory systems of asthma sufferers and those with allergies.
- Cord wrap & carrying handle.
This vacuum is great for general floor cleaning but the on-board accessories make this vacuum much more flexible. You have the curved hose wand and extension wand for above floor cleaning, plus speciality tools like the pet TurboBrush (using a rotating brush), and a Pet Contour tool that actually bends and flexes as you use it.
If you have pets, Bissell’s Pet Hair Eraser is a serious contender.
What Bissell Pet Hair Eraser owners liked:
- Good range of accessories meaning you have all the tools you’ll ever need.
- Great suction and very good at getting pet hair up.
- Price is great considering what you get.
- HEPA filter
- Easy to empty
- Easy to assemble out of the box
.. and what they did not like:
- Power cable exits very low down so you have to bend over all the way to reach it.
- Some clogging where hose meets console because of the design.
- Heavy and cumbersome.
- Roller brush didn’t last – poor build quality.
- Handle does not fold down for easy storage.
The Bissell 5770 Healthy Home is a bagless upright vacuum cleaner that uses Bissell’s multi-cyclonic technology to power the suction of this vacuum.
Powerful suction plus the AireTight HEPA filtration system in the Bissell Healthy Home vacuum means this cleaner will remove airborne allergies from the air that passes through the vacuum cleaner. This means it throws out exhaust air that is cleaner than the normal air you breathe in. In fact, HEPA filters are quoted as removing up to 99.97% of allergy causing materials like pollen, dust mite debris etc.
This vacuum goes a step further in the health stakes. It uses the MicroBan antimicrobial surface coating to help prevent bacterial gorwth and smells from odor-causing bacteria and molds.
The stretch hose on the Bissell Healthy Home vacuum has a non-clog technology, plus you get Acarosan dust mite killer powder with the vacuum. Overall, this vacuum has tried to create a vacuum that really does keep your home healthy.
Of course, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, so what do customers who bought the Healthy Home Bagless Upright Cleaner like about this vacuum cleaner?
- Great suction thanks to the multi-cyclonic technology.
- Standard turbo brush plus other tools are comprehensive tools for cleaning your home. Turbo brush is really effective
- Great hose – flexible and long.
- Touch button control of the beater brush.
- Great for getting up the pet hair.
.. and things they did not like:
- It’s a heavy vacuum cleaner.
- Canister is not such a great design with dirt having to “funnel” into the canister with some fluff getting caught.
It would be in your best interest to head over and read the reviews on Amazon because while there are a lot of people who love this vacuum, there are equally a few who hated it. Overall though, based on nearly 300 reviews, Amazon customers awarded this vacuum cleaner a respectable 4 out of 5 average.
The Bissell 89Q9 Lift-Off MultiCyclonic Pet is a bagless upright vacuum cleaner with a detachable canister.
The Bissell 89Q9 Lift-Off Multi-cyclonic has excellent suction power thanks to the 12 amp motor and its multi-cyclonic suction system. The 15 inch cleaning path means you’ll get your floorings cleaner quicker.
The Bissell Lift-Off Multicyclonic is a bagless vacuum cleaner, instead using a detachable canister that allows quick and easy emptying of the vacuum.
Other great features of this vacuum cleaner include:
- Adjustable height (7 settings) so you can taylor the vacuum to the floor type you need to clean.
- Dual edge cleaning.
- HEPA media filter post motor filter.
- Flexible stretchy hose to reach those above floor areas that collect the dust.
You get a few accessory tools including:
- the pet hair turbobrush to help clean that stubborn pet hair off your floor, furniture, stairs and upholstery.
- Crevice tool to get into those hard to reach nooks and crannies.
- upholstery / dusting brush.
This vacuum is excellent for cleaning dust, dirt, pet hair and even dry spills from carpets and bare floors.
This vacuum cleaner has great reviews on Amazon from those who have bought it.
Things that Bissell 89Q9 Lift-Off multi-cyclonic pet vacuum owners liked about this vacuum cleaner:
- Easy to maneuver & not too heavy
- extension wand with pet hair attachment
- long electrical cord
- Lift-Off features on stairs
- On/Off switch for brush roll
- Furniture protection guard
.. and things that owners complained about..
- emptying a bagless cleaner can be messy
- short hose
- short cord (note that this is subjective as one reviewer said it was nice and long).
The Bissell Featherweight Lightweight Vacuum (3106A) is bagless vacuum cleaner that is very light at around 3.5 pounds in weight. Its very easy to use and can convert from a floor cleaner into a handheld vacuum cleaner.
The Bissell Featherweight can clean carpets, upholstery, bare floors, stairs – you name it, this versatile little vacuum can clean it.
Being bagless, the Bissell Featherweight collects the dirt into a dust cup that has a washable cloth filter. The dust cup comes off easily for emptying.
This vacuum is ideal for small areas or for anyone looking for a combi handheld and floor cleaner.
While this vacuum might chock on larger bits of debris, its great for lifting the dirt and dust and a lot of users comment on how good it is at getting bare floors clean. It probably isn’t a good bet if you have carpets throughout, and certainly long hair carpets could cause the Featherweight problems.
If you have bare floors in your home, and you are looking for a lightweight, no, featherweight vacuum cleaner, this might be a good choice. It’s cheap too.
The Bissell 33A1 Pet Hair Eraser is a popular corded Handheld Vacuum Cleaner by Bissell created specifically for removing that stubborn pet hair from carpets and upholstery. If you transport your dog in the car, this handheld vacuum cleaner might be just the thing.
Features of the vacuum include:
- Flexible rubber nozzle that removes the pet hair and dirt from upholstery and carpets, stairs etc.
- A hard nozzle for cleaning your car or other dirt and debris.
- Easy nozzle release for changing nozzles.
- Under 4 lb in weight.
- Bagless dirt container.
- Comfortable handle with on/off switch conveniently located.
- Washable HEPA media filter.
- 16 foot power cable so that you can reach the car from the power socket in your house or garage.
What do 33A1 Pet Hair Eraser users like about this handheld vacuum cleaner:
- Great suction from such a small unit.
- Nice long cord.
- Easy to empty dust bin.
.. and what they don’t like:
- Potential problem with the two exhausts located just behind the suction area as this tends to blow the pet hair you are trying to suck up.
The Hoover S3765-040 WindTunnel Vacuum cleaner is a bagless canister vacuum cleaner.
If has a number of great features including:
- 12 amp motor plus Hoover’s WindTunnel technology to provide outstanding suction power. Dirt is funneled away from the spinning agitators and moved into the bagless canister.
- Bagless so no more buying and replacing vacuum bags.
- 15 Power Nozzle has a low profile so that you can get underneath low furniture.
- Deluxe pump handle.
- Finger-touch speed control for variable suction and total flexibility.
- HEPA filtration system to make sure the air passing through and out of this vacuum is clear of allergens like pollen, bacteria and dust mite debris.
- The wheels on the Hoover WindTunnel S3765-040 are large and made of a soft material so they don’t mark your flooring.
- Telescopic wand for attaching tools makes cleaning above the floor level much easier.
Customers who reviewed the Hoover S3765-040 WindTunnel bagless canister vacuum cleaner on Amazon awarded this cleaner an average of 4 out of 5 stars.
Things customers liked:
- Great suction
- Aggressive beater bar
- Nice design with all of the controls easily accessible at your fingertips.
- Automatic power cable rewind
- Easy to empty dust bin
- Excellent at picking up pet hair and dander
.. and things customers did not like:
- Not all tools are stored on the vacuum cleaner
- No dirt sensor
- wand and attachment design could be better
The Bissell Cleanview Helix vacuum cleaner looks fantastic and has great performance to match. The Cleanview Helix is an upright bagless vacuum cleaner with a number of great features:
- 12 amp motor for powerful suction.
- Upright vacuum suitable for carpets and bare flooring.
- Dual edge cleaning.
- Easy to empty dirt cup.
- HEPA filter that can trap up to 99.97% of airborne allergens passing through the Cleanview Helix vacuum cleaner.
- Adjustable height.
- Stretch hose and onboard attachments including Turbo Brush for upholstery and stairs, crevice tool for those small, narrow spaces that are always difficult to reach, extension wand to reaching high above the floor and upholstery & dusting brush to clean bookshelves, curtains, tables, and the tops of furniture which are always dust traps.
- Soft front bumper means furniture is protected as you clean.
- The Bissell Helix dirt-separation system combined with powerful suction gives great cleaning power. This Helix system will separate the dirt and debris so that the motor and fan are protected.
- Wide cleaning path with a wide beam headlight to see where you are cleaning
- Stair carrying handle.
- 27 foot power cable to easily reach around the largest rooms without having to move to a different power outlet.
This vacuum cleaner has outstanding reviews at Amazon, with 20 customers awarding it an average review score of 4.75 out of 5.
Bissell Cleanview Helix users liked the following features of the vacuum cleaner:
- Suction is great.
- Lightweight for an upright vacuum that is so powerful.
- Very easy to empty.
- Very Maneuverable
- Hose attachments
- Long cord
- Turbo Brush
.. and some of the things they didn’t like:
- Not much to report here, but one user did report that the machine got very warm.
The Hoover Platinum Collection Linx Cordless stick is a little more expensive than some stick vacuum cleaners. However, the unit looks fantastic, and performance is good as well. Being cordless, the Hoover LINZ Stick Vac gives you the convenience of portability with the performance of an upright vacuum cleaner.
This Stick cleaner is not only cordless, meaning no more plugging and unplugging the power cable as you clean your house, but its also bagless, meaning no more buying expensive replacement bags.
On top of that, the Platinum Collection Linx comes with WindTunnel technology (three suction channels), so you know you are going to have a powerful suction, even though its cordless. Speaking of which, the Stick uses an interchangeable 18 volt lithium ion battery, and there is a handy battery “fuel gauge” on the Stick.
Other features include:
- Auto-height adjustment
- Motorised brush to agitate the carpet as you are cleaning. This helps life the dirt.
- Switch to go from hard floor to carpet.
- 11 inch wide nozzle.
- Edge cleaning bristles so that you can get close to the baseboards and furniture.
- Low profile base that means its easier to get under low furniture.
So, on paper this Stick looks the business, however, the real proof is in the use, so let’s see what reviewers on Amazon thought of this machine.
From the 93 customer reviews on Amazon (at the time of writing this), 60% of reviewers awarded it a maximum 5 out of 5. The average rating of all reviewers is somewhere between 4 and 5 out of 5.
Things that Hoover LINX users liked:
- Great suction and good for removing pet hair.
- Ability to turn roller brush on and off.
- Controls on the handle.
- Charge indicator.
- Easy clean filters
- Edge cleaning is excellent
… and things they did not like:
- Poor battery performance and long charge times.
- Awkward on stairs.
The Hoover S2200 Flair is a very small, lightweight bagless stick cleaner.
It’s ideal for quickly cleaning bare floors or low carpets. The S2200 Flair has a multi-stage filtration system, and an easy to remove dirt cup.
This model has a 20 foot power cord.
The Hoover Flair Stick Cleaner is a very slim unit, and has a 6 amp motor. The 10 inch cleaning path means you can cover the floor area quickly, and the dirt is deposited in a bagless dirt bin that can pop off easily to empty.
The Hoover Flair Stick has a washable cloth filter as well as a side-mounted filter that cleans the exhaust air.
The swivel nozzle design uses large rear casters for maneuverability.
There is also a switch to go from bare floors to carpets.
For a quiet, effective Stick vacuum, the Hoover S2200 may be a good option. Let’s have a look and see what S2200 users have to say about this Stick cleaner.
On Amazon, there have been 87 reviews of this stick. The average is between 3 and 4 stars out of 5.
What Hoover Flair users liked:
- Excellent performance for such a small cleaner.
- No metal on the nozzle so there is no need to worry about floors being scratched.
- long cord
.. and what they did not like:
- In some cases problems were reported about the housing cracking. However, a more recent review on Amazon claims that the problems with the housing has been fixed.
The Eureka Optima Lightweight 437AZ is an upright vacuum cleaner that combines performance of an upright with convenience of a stick. The Eureka Optima Lightweight includes the following features:
- Stretch hose
- bagless construction means no more vacuum cleaner bags.
- dusting brush
- crevice want
- power paw
- Riser Visor that flips up to accomodate vertical surfaces of stair risers and vertical unholstery.
- 12 amp motor for powerful suction.
- rotating motorised brushroll which can be switched off for hardwood floors.
- HEPA filtration system
For its size, the Optima is a great option. However, it is a little on the loud side.
The average users on Amazon liked the Eureka Optima vacuum with 135 reviewers awarding it an average of 4 stars out of 5.
Eureka Optima Bagless Lightweight vacuum users liked:
- Good suction
- Good performance on different surfaces
- retractable handle
- extension hose
.. and they did not like:
- HEPA filter needs to be cleaned regularly and its a messy job!
The Eureka Altima Bagless vacuum cleaner is an upright HEPA filter vacuum with a telescopic duster. You also get the Power Paw stair brush and easy clean filter system.
The Eureka Altima bagless vacuum has the following features:
- Foam filter system with easy empty dust bin. Its got an external 2 stage filter.
- 3 foot telescopic self-cleaning duster.
- Eureka’s edge cleaner that uses spinning brushes to get as close as possible to the edges of your furniture and baseboards.
- Power Paw for cleaning stairs and upholstery as well as pet hair.
- Easily go from carpet to hard floor with a switch to adjust the motorised brush bar.
- HEPA filter that captures up to 99.9% of allergens passing through the vacuum cleaner. This includes pollen, bacteria, dust mite debris and other substances known to cause allergic reactions and asthma.
- 12 amp motor for powerful suction power.
What do Eureka Altima 2971BVZ bagless upright vacuum users say about this cleaner?
At Amazon, at the time of writing this, 122 people reviewed the Eureka Altima, and scored the vacuum cleaner a very poor average of around 2 out of 5. Complaints included:
- Warranty not covering parts that failed after just three months.
- Power paw stopped working in the first month.
- Upper filter clogging.
- Suction died after 6 weeks.
The list of problems goes on. We wont cover more here, but be aware that 77 out of the 122 people that reviewed this machine awarded it just 1 out of 5 (and there is no option to award it zero).
We would highly recommend you read some more of these reviews so you can be fuly aware of the range of problems people have had with this machine.
The Hoover 5507-900 Elite is an upright bagless vacuum cleaner from Hoover. The powerful 12 amp motor provides plenty of suction and the included crevice wand, dusting brush & upholstery tool and pet hair tool will have your carpets and upholstery dirt and dust free in no time.
The Hoover 5507-900 Elite includes a headlight to see where you are cleaning plus a number of other features including:
- 7 height settings so that you can clean any floor type.
- Air flow indicator which will tell you when the dust cup needs emptying and the filters need cleaning.
- HEPA filtration system which includes a lifetime HEPA air filter (which removes just about every allergen passing through it).
- Dirt cup empties from the bottom so that you don’t get your hands dirty.
- 24 foot auto-rewind cable.
- Stretch hose for above floor cleaning that reaches up to 9 feet with the included attachments.
- Furniture guard to protect your furniture from bumps of the vacuum
- 14.5 inch cleaning path.
Overall, users of this vacuum who reviewed it on Amazon liked it. With an average of 4 out of 5 based on 547 reviews, here are some of the features users liked on the Hoover 5507-900 Elite Auto-Rewind Bagless Upright vacuum cleaner:
- Auto-rewind feature.
- Suction on the vacuum.
- Clear canister so you can see the dirt piling up as you clean your carpets. There’s a sense of satisfaction seeing all that stuff coming out of your “clean” carpets.
- No bags and a lifetime filter.
Things they did not like:
- it’s a little heavy, though what powerful vacuum cleaner isn’t a little on the chubby side?
- Complaints that the tubes get blocked frequently.
- Belts difficult to find.
The Hover WindTunnel Cyclonic vacuum UH70035B is an upright vacuum cleaner with Hoover’s patented WindTunnel technology. The WindTunnel uses three distinct air tunnels that help lift and remove dirt from the carpets. This technology stops the dirt from dispersing back into the air and onto the carpets again during cleaning.
This vacuum comes with a flex hose extension for reaching above floor areas.
The convenience of a bagless vacuum cleaner is complimented by its easy to empty dust cup & the HEPA filtration which removes up to 99.9% of allergens from the air passing through the vacuum as it cleans.
The UH70035B is a multi-surface vacuum that can be used on carpets and hard floor surfaces.
Reviewers on Amazon were not totally convinced with this vacuum cleaner. There’s no denying it looks great, but users had the following complaints:
- Auto-rewind broke after just one day.
- Heavy and awkward to use.
- Canister difficult to empty.
- vacuum cleaner falls over when using attachments.
- Cord gets really hot.
However, on a positive note, users did think that the UH70035B Windtunnel:
- Had great suction
The Hoover U5269-900 EmPower bagless upright vacuum cleaner is another Hoover vacuum that uses the patented WindTunnel technology for exceptional suction and cleaning power. Many people prefer bagless vacuum cleaners these days, so this might be a better option than, e.g. the Hoover U6485900 Windtunnel Anniversary Self-Propelled Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner, although that model is self-propelled and this one is not.
The Hoover U5269-900 EmPower has a number of great features including:
- Bagless upright vacuum cleaner.
- Hush Mode allowing you to switch the power control to hush mode for quieter cleaning, day or night.
- Patented WindTunnel technology – this vacuum has three distinct air channels to help pick up the dirt and trap it in the vacuum.
- Embedded DirtFinder system that will alert you with a red light when high concentrations of dirt are located. You simply continue vacuuming that area until the green like comes on.
- Power boost for hard to clean messes and a powerful 12 amp motor.
- HEPA filter to help remove allergens from the air passing through the vacuum cleaner. Up to 99.97% of pollen and other allergenic materials are removed by the HEPA filter, meaning those suffering from asthma and/or allergy can live in a healthier environment.
- Deluxe stretch hose.
- Adjustable height position to 5 different levels allowing you to switch easily between different heights of carpet and hard wood and tiles floors.
- Pet hair cleaning accessories.
- Ergonomic D-grip handle.
- Wheels are made of a soft material that wont mark your hard wood floors.
- A number of useful on-board cleaning accessories including a powered hand tool, crevice wand and upholstery tool and extension wand.
- Headlight to see where and what you are cleaning.
What are people saying about the Hoover EmPower Bagless Upright Cleaner?
Out of 61 review on Amazon, this cleaner averages around 4 out of 5, with more than 50% of reviewers awarding it the full 5 out of 5.
What Hoover EmPower Bagless Vacuum Cleaner Owners liked:
- Very quiet for the power.
- Dirt sensors with two modes – normal and sensitive.
- Relatively lightweight for its size.
- Canister is “almost self-cleaning”.
- The attachments in general, but particularly the pet hair attachment which actually works.
- The suction of the machine.
What they did not like:
- Messy to empty the bagless canister, though this does contradict some reports where people liked the bagless canister.
- Brush roll can be very aggressive.
The Dyson DC31 Animal is a handheld vacuum cleaner that is designed for people with pets.
This vacuum was designed for spot cleaning and picking up patches of dirt quickly. It has a motorized brush bar with stiff bristles for deep cleaning of dirt and pet hairs from your carpets. The DC31 Animal is powered by the new Dyson digital motor that runs three times faster than traditional electrical motors. This motor does not use carbon brushes, so no carbon dust is produced.
The DC31 Animal has two power modes. One for quick cleaning, and the other for extended run times. You can vacuum for 10 minutes on high, or 6 minutes on full power with 70% higher suction.
The DC31 is only 3.4 lb (1.5 Kg), and is comfortable to hold.
As with other Dyson vacuum cleaners, the DC31 is quick, easy and hygienic to empty, which means you don’t need to touch the dirt and dust.
- Root Cyclone technology.
- 10 minutes of 38 Air Watts, or 6 minutes of 65 Air Watts.
- Handlheld with good weight distribution and incredibly light.
- Bin capacity is 0.09 Gallon.
- Comes with combination accessory and crevice tools.
You can get a number of additional tools that fit the DC31, including the wide nozzle tool, a stiff bristle brush, flexi crevice tool and a soft dusting brush (perfect for your computer keyboard).
Dyson DC31 User Reviews
If you own the Dyson DC31, we’d love to hear what you think about it. Please consider leaving your thoughts and impressions on this model of Dyson below in the box provided at the bottom of this page.
Only a few people have reviewed this vacuum over at Amazon, but those who did generally liked it. One reviewer said it was not worth the money, whereas two others loved it. Isn’t that always the way with reviews?
What DC31 Users Liked:
- high suction for a portable.
- Turbo brush.
- The Turbo boost function.
What DC31 Users Disliked:
- 3 hour charge for 10 minutes cleaning.
- Could have done with an extension tube to clean without having to bend over.
The Dyson DC23 comes in two models. The DC23 Turbinehead and the DC23 Motorhead.
The Dyson DC23 vacuums are canister cleaners with Level 3 Root Cyclone technology. The Turbinehead model has a turbine head for multi-purpose cleaning, whereas the Motorhead has a motorized brush bar to help remove dirt and pet hair from carpets.
Dyson DC23 Turbinehead features
- Root Level 3 Cyclone technology to ensure maximum suction and capturing of even the smallest dust particles.
- Turbine head brush bar is driven by air for cleaning short to medium length carpet. The brush bar can be turned off if required.
- Lifetime HEPA filter + Bactisafe system meaning the air expelled by the DC23 has up to 150 times less bacteria and spores) than the typical air you are breathing in.
- Certified asthma & allergy friendly by the Asthma & Allergy Foundation of America.
- 220 Air Watts constant suction power.
- Fixed wheel movement.
- Stair Cleaning design means that the vacuum fits between the stairs.
- 0.44 Gallon clear plastic dust bin.
- Stair, brush and crevice tools are included with this model.
- Weight 19.5 lb (8.8Kg)
- Level 3 Root Cyclone technology for the most effective suction ever.
- Telescopic Wrap system so that the vacuum can be easily stored.
- Motorized brushbar with powerful bristles for deep cleaning and removal of dirt and pet hair.
- Certified Asthma & Allergy friendly.
- HEPA + Bactisafe system.
- Hygienic and quick to empty.
- 220 Air Watts constant suction.
- Motorised brush head, stair tool, brush, crevice and hard floor tools are included with this model.
- Weight 23.89 lb with attachments (10.8 Kg)
Customer reviews for the Dyson DC23 Vacuum
If you own either the DC23 Turbinehead or the Dyson DC23 Motorhead models, we would love to hear what you think of them. You can leave your thoughts, comments or full reviews at the bottom of this page.
Being a relatively new addition to the Dyson vacuum range, the DC23 only has 4 reviews on Amazon at the time of writing this. However, those 4 reviewers scored this cleaner an average of of 5 stars out of 5.
What DC23 Owners Liked:
- Design of the cleaner.
- Extreme power of suction.
- The telescopic wand.
- The motorhead is impressive.
- “The new Level 3 Root Cyclone performs brilliantly at separating dust, sand, and large debris from the airstream more efficiently than past iterations of Dyson cyclone technology”.
- “ I have very expensive and old rugs with tassels. When the motorized brush runs over the tassels, the brush shuts off.”
- Compact design.
What DC23 Owners Disliked:
- Motorhead is noisy.
- Attachments from earlier models won’t fit on the DC23.
- Motorhead is so strong it can suck in delicate and fine rugs. Would be nice if there was a level control for older carpets.
- The hose will collapse if you step on it.
- Bin fills up quickly (but some might see this as a positive as it means the vacuum is doing its job properly.
The Dyson DC14 Telescopic Reach All Floors upright vacuum cleaner is designed to cope with any flooring type. The “Telescopic Reach” means that you can easily clean stairs and place that are inaccessible with traditional vacuum cleaners.
The DC14 All Floors uses the Dyson Root Cyclone technology to ensure maximum suction without clogging the mechanisms of the cleaner.
With the Telescopic wand, imagine leaving your main vacuum at the bottom of the stairs, as you walk up the stairs with wand in hand, and easily and effortlessly suck up the dirt, leaving the stairs clean.
The DC14 offers an hygienic and fast way to empty with the press of a button.
The lifetime HEPA filters mean that the air your DC14 throws out, will be much cleaner than the air you normally breathe in around your home. In fact, the Dyson website quotes a figure of up to 150 times less bacteria and mould in the air the vacuum expels compared to the normal air you breathe in.
Because of the clean air, the Asthma & Allergy Foundation of America have certified the DC14 All Floors as “asthma & allergy friendly”.
Dyson DC14 Telescopic Reach Specifications
- Patented Root cyclone technology driving incredible suction.
- 250 Air Watts of constant suction.
- The DC14 is a fixed wheel, meaning its not as convenient to move around as the Dyson Ball models.
- Lifetime HEPA filter.
- 0.71 gallon dust bin.
- Stair tool, brush and crevice tool are included.
- Maximum reach 52.4 ft.
- Weight 18.56 lb (8.4 Kg)
The Dyson DC14 All Floors can work with a number of Dyson attachments, including the Mini-turbine, mattress tool, stiff bristle brush and flexi crevice tool.
DC14 All Floor Customer Reviews
If you own this model of vacuum cleaner, we would love to hear what you really think of it. Scroll to the bottom of this page where you’ll find a form you can fill out with your comments.
At Amazon, this machine was awarded a respectable 4 stars out of 5 by the 137 customers who reviewed it (at the time of writing this).
Things DC14 Owners liked:
- Great suction.
- Easy to empty.
- Wand is great for vacuuming stairs and anything high up.
Things DC14 Owners Disliked:
- Belt seems prone to breaking and its not something you can replace yourself.
- A bit pricey.
- Difficult to find parts, and expensive to get repaired.
- Too much plastic.
- Extension wand difficult to handle.
The Dyson DC15 Animal vacuum is one of the specialist pet vacuums for removing pet hairs from hard to reach nooks and crannies. Its an upright cleaner with the Dyson Ball technology so that it can be easily maneuvered around your home.
The DC15 Animal has the hugely popular Telescopic Reach wand and a hose that extends 14 ft. This makes it easy to clean stairs because you can set the main vacuum at the bottom of your stairs (not the top or you might pull the cleaner down on top of yourself), and extend the wand right to the top of the stairs.
The mini-turbine head is excellent at removing dirt and pet hairs from the stairs as well as any other tight space (like your car for example). The DC15 Animal also comes with a “Low reach floor tool” that helps you get underneath that furniture without having to lift it out of the way. This tool can be used on both carpets and hard flooring.
As with other Dyson machines, this vacuum uses the Root Cyclone technology for sucking up the dirt, and depositing it in the 0.71 gallon clear dirt bin. You also get the Dyson Ball technology for effortless steering.
DC15 Animal Specifications
- 220 Air Watts constant suction.
- Lifetime HEPA filters for the best possible cleaning of the air expelled in the exhaust of the cleaner.
- Motorised brushbar.
- Crevice tool for getting into very small spaces. This tool is to vacuuming what dental floss is to dental hygiene 😉
- Maximum reach of 51 ft because of a cord length of 37 feet and wand extension of 14 feet.
- Weight 19.95 lb (8.7Kg)
This vacuum works with a number of accessories available, including the Mattress tool, soft dusting brush & stiff bristle brush.
Dyson DC15 Animal user reviews
If you own a Dyson DC15 Animal, we would love to hear your views on it. You can scroll to the bottom of this page and post a review.
The average customer review of this vacuum at Amazon is a favorable 4.5 our of 5 based on the 195 customer reviews that were there at the time I wrote this.
DC15 Animal Owners Liked:
- Easy to empty
- Nice attachments
- Extension wand for easy vacuuming of stairs and under furniture
- Very impressive suction
- Dyson Ball
- No more filters to buy, ever!
- Turbine head.
DC15 Animal Owners Disliked:
- Manual could have been better, but then how much instruction do you need for a vacuum?
- A rear wheel brake pedal would have been nice for “parking” the vacuum while you use the wand.
The Dyson DC17 Animal is an all floors upright vacuum cleaners with the super powerful Advanced Dyson Level 3 Root Cyclone technology that is especially useful if you find that your pets are leaving fur all over your house.
As has become the norm in these upright vacuums, the DC17 Animal has the quick draw telescopic reach “wand” with mini-turbine head and a low-reach floor tool (to make it easier to clean under your furniture without having to move the furniture itself). The mini-turbine is excellent at stripping away the dirt and pet hairs on your sofa, curtains, stairs, your car, confined spaces, in fact just about anywhere. This head attaches easily to the hose or wand.
The dust bin is a generous 5/8 gallon, and the DC17 Animal comes with lifetime washable HEPA filters which means that even the smallest particles are sucked away by your vacuum cleaner.
As with all upright and canister vacuums from Dyson, you have a 5 year parts and labor warranty, giving you peace of mind with your purchase.
There are a number of accessories that you can buy for your DC17 Animal, including:
- the Flexi-Crevice tool, which is a brush attachment for tight spaces.
- mini turbine head
- Mattress tool – with a wide head for easy cleaning of dirt, dust, mites etc., from your mattress and pillows.
- Soft dusting brush for fans, blinds etc.
Dyson DC17 All Floors
Also available is the DC17 All Floors model. This upright vacuum is a little cheaper than the Animal model, but has a similar feature set including:
- Level 3 Root Cyclone technology.
- Quick Draw telescopic “Reach Wand”.
- Easy and hygienic emptying of the waste bin.
- Lifetime washable HEPA filters.
- Fingertip brush bar control.
- Certified asthma and allergy friendly.
- 220 Air Watts suction power.
- Fixed wheel movement.
- motorized brushbar.
- stair tool, brush tool & crevice tool.
- 51 ft maximum reach.
- 20.79 lb (9.45Kg).
If you have pets and have to worry about Pet hair, consider the DC17 Animal instead of the DC17 All Floors. The Animal model can clean all floor types as well.
Dyson DC17 Animal & DC17 All Floors Customer Reviews
If you own either of the models featured on this page, we would love to hear your views on it. Scroll to the bottom of the page and leave a rating and your thoughts on the machine.
Over at Amazon, the DC17 Animal has received mainly positive reviews, with 354 customers (at the time of writing this) awarding the DC17 Animal a healthy 4 out of 5 stars.
What customers liked:
- accessories fit nice and tight.
- amazing suction.
- long power cord.
- build quality.
- great attachments.
- simple to empty the waste bin.
- automatic height adjustment with bare floor setting.
What customers did not like:
- its weight. At nearly 21 lb, its not going to be easy lifting it up and down the stairs.
- belts tend to break and they don’t seem to be easy to find in the shops.
- Dirt can get stuck in the sealed section of the middle canister where it cannot be removed.
- Wand takes some getting use to.
The Dyson DC28 Animal is an upright vacuum cleaner for pet owners. The trademarked Airmuscle technology combines three types of cleaner head.
The three cleaner heads used in Airmuscle technology are:
- the pneumatic actuator (pulls the cleaning head to the floor for better suction)
- a powered cam (to raise and lower the motorized brush bar)
- a high-torque clutch (provides cleaning power)
These three work together to clean all floor types, and are especially good at lifting pet hair.
The DC28 Animal gives you fingertip control over your cleaning, and thanks to the powered cam which raises and lowers the brush bar, it features automatic adjustment of the brush bar depending on the type of floor you are cleaning. The brush bar will also switch off if the floor type dictates that as the best solution.
As with other models, the Dyson DC28 Animal uses the “Root Cyclone” technology to swirl the dirt into the bin without clogging and loss of suction.
The Cyclone technology working together with the HEPA filters in the machine also ensures that the air that is expelled out of the vacuum is much cleaner than the normal air you have in you house.
DC 28 Animal Specifications
- air suction is 245 Air Watts.
- It has a fixed wheel (not the Dyson Ball).
- Lifetime washable HEP filter for the best filtration possible.
- Control the motorized brush bar with your fingertips – no bending over.
- Quick draw telescopic “Reach Wand”.
- Bin has a capacity of 0.61 gallons
- Maximum reach is 52 feet
- Cord length 35 feet
- Weight 20.6 lb (9.4 Kg)
The DC28 Animal also comes with a stair tool to help you vacuum those hard to reach areas, a combination tool with debris nozzle that converts into a dusting brush, a mini-turbine head for removing pet hairs and dirt from small spaces and a “Flat Out” head for cleaning underneath that low furniture.
You can also get the following attachments for your DC28 Animal:
- Stiff Bristle Brush
- Soft Dusting Brush
- Mattress Tool
- Flexi crevice tool
Dyson DC28 Animal Customer Reviews
If you own a Dyson DC28 Animal, we’d love to hear your views on it. You can leave a review at the bottom of this page in the box provided.
There have been only a handful of reviews at Amazon as I write this. Only 8 customers left comments with an average rating of 4 out of 5. Some of the negatives in these reviews include:
- Heavy to move up and down stairs and some people found it difficult to maneuver, preferring a Dyson Ball model instead of the DC28 .
- Need to empty the canister a lot (but then this might be a positive since it indicates the vacuum cleaner is doing a good job!).
While some of the features that customers liked include:
- Easy enough to handle seemingly self-propelled (though this contradicts what several people have said about it being difficult to push).
- Low noise level.
- Emptying is easy.
- Excellent at removing pet hair & dirt from carpet.
- Easy to extract and use extension wand.
- “A really great vacuum for pet owners”
The Dyson DC25 All Floors vacuum cleaner is a Dyson Ball cleaner designed for use on any floor (hence the name “All Floors”). The innovative ball design means that this upright vacuum is easy to manoeuvre around your home with a twist of the wrist.
The DC25 utilizes the Root Cyclone technology which means dirt and particles are centrifugally spun out of the air and into the waste bin. Since there are no bags, there’s nothing to clog and no resulting loss of suction. There is also no expense of buying new bags!
The DC25 All Floors has a quick release “wand” to help you reach the hard to get to places (perfect for cleaning stairs) without having to mess around with add-on components.
When cleaning hard floors or carpets, the motorized brushbar defaults to “on” (spinning), and it will stop spinning if it comes across any obstructions. You can turn the brushbar off if you want by using the Brushbar on/off button.
As with other Dyson models, the exhaust air of the DC25 is cleaner than the normal air you breathe, with up to 150 times less bacteria and spores.
The Dyson DC25 comes with a 5 year parts and labour guarantee.
The filtration in the DC25 uses a HEPA washable filters. The machine has two filters which you should check regularly and wash at least every 3 months or so. Filters then need to be totally dry before refitting them to your machine. The HEPA filters mean that this vacuum is certified asthma friendly.
The dirt and grime is deposited in a clear bin with a 1.3 litres capacity.
The DC25 has a 7.5 meter cord, but with the extendable wand, that means a total reach of 12.3 meters. The DC25 weighs in at around 7.4 Kg.
There are a number of accessories for the DC25: combination tool, debris nozzle that converts into a brush tool for dusting, stair tool with Dyson-designed tool for removing dirt from stairs and stair carpets.
Dyson DC25 User reviews
If you own the Dyson DC25 All floors model of vacuum, please consider leaving a review below.
The average customer review on Amazon is about 4.5 stars out of 5. Customers who were happy with this model raved about its ease of use, how easy it was to reach into the hard to get places using the telescopic wand, and fantastic suction. One reviewer even described what came out of his carpet as “disgusting”, and that was from a DC25 user who had no pets or kids and didn’t wear shoes in the house.
Other reviewers loved the fact that you did not need to bend over to reach any part of their house, plus the ball technology means the vacuum is super light to maneouvre.
The Dyson DC25 Animal is an upright vacuum with the Dyson Ball for easily guiding the vacuum around your house. The DC25 Animal is specifically for pet owners who have to vacuum up a lot of pet hair on frequent occasions.
The mini turbine head of the DC25 animal vacuum can pick up dirt and animal hairs from the usual places like upholstery, stairs etc, and tight spaces like cars and dog baskets.
The Ball technology means that the DC25 Animal is light to move around as the vacuum swivels on a spot with a twist of the wrist.
The Cyclone technology used in Dyson vacuums ensure that the suction does not become affected by a build up of animal hair or dirt. The centrifugal winds generated by the Dyson separates the dirt from the air, expelling exhaust air from the vacuum that contains a lot less bacteria and spores than the normal air found in your house due to the filters used in this Dyson – lifetime washable HEPA filters.. For this reason, these machine are excellent for asthma sufferers.
All upright and canister Dyson vacuums have 5 years parts and labor warranty, giving you peace of mind as you buy such an exceptional machine.
The motorized brushbar can be started and stopped depending on the type of floor you are cleaning. As with the All Floors model of the DC25, the Animal has a telescopic wand to reach hard to access areas, stairs etc. A stair tool means you can get the stairs cleaned quickly and easily and without all the bending you might usually do with hand held vacuums.
While the DC25 Animal comes with the tools that most people need, there are some optional extras that you can get for this machine.
The stiff bristle brush is great for dried on dirt or dirt that just doesn’t want to shift.
The mattress tool has a wide head for easy cleaning of surfaces.
The soft dusting brush is great for cleaning those dirty blinds, ceiling fans, or even your computer keyboard.
For reaching the tops of furniture, ceiling fans and light fittings, the multi-angle brush is a great option.
Customer reviews of the Dyson DC25 Animal
If you own this model of vacuum, we would love to have your review on our site. Scroll to the bottom of this page and leave your review in the box provided.
At Amazon, the DC25 Animal had attracted 80 customer reviews at the time of writing this article. The average review was around 4.5 out of 5, which represents a massive thumbs up for this vacuum cleaner.
Reviewers on Amazon have said things like “wonderfully easy to handle”, “THIS VACUUM SUCKS, but in a good way!!”, “DO IT NOW!!! BUY THE DYSON DC25 ANIMAL!!!! You will be glad you did and you won’t ever mind cleaning your apartment EVER AGAIN!!!”, “I even steam cleaned my carpet after vacuuming with the Dyson & there was almost no dirt in the recovery tank”.
On a negative note, this vacuum does have a smaller dust bin than other models.
At just 11.65 lb (5.3 Kg), the Dyson DC24 All Floors is the lightest upright vacuum cleaner in the Dyson range, and its also ultra-compact so you can store it in a small place or cupboard. It uses the Dyson Ball technology so that it can be moved around corners with a turn of the wrist.
The Dyson ball actually contains the the vacuum’s motor, giving the machine a lower center of gravity.
The DC24 All Floors uses the same Root Cyclone technology as the other Dyson models, so that you won’t lose suction as your vacuum become full and is suitable for all types of floor, from hard wood to carpet.
As with all Dyson upright vacuums, the DC24 comes with a 5 year parts & labour guarantee.
DC24 All Floors Specification
- Root Cyclone technology so there is no clogging.
- 115 Air Watts (constant) suction.
- Ball technology for smoother, hassle free steering of the vacuum. The ball enables the vacuum to turn on a spot.
- Lifetime washable HEPA filters, so that you don’t have to buy new filters. These filters are specialised filters for straining out much more of the micro-particulate debris (including bacteria, fungal spores etc).
- Motorized brushbar with fingertip control. Turn it on for carpets, or off for delicate flooring or valuable rugs.
- Reversible wand for cleaning stairs and hard to reach places.
- 0.19 gallon bin capacity that empties without having to touch the dust. Press the button and the debris empties from the bottom of the bin. The bin is made of clear plastic, so it is easy to see when it needs to be emptied.
- 20ft cord length.
- 11.65 lb in weight.
- Combination accessory tool and debris nozzle that converts into a brush tool for dusting.
You can also buy a number of additional accessories for the DC24 All Floors, including:
- Flexi crevice tool for getting into tight spaces like between the sofa and the wall, or behind bookshelves.
- Stiff bristle brush for dirt that is dried into the carpet or fabric.
- Multi-angle brush for reaching the tops of furniture, lighting units etc.
- Mattress tool with a wide head for getting the dirt and dust (and bugs) out of your mattress.
Dyson DC24 All Floors Customer Reviews
If you own a Dyson DC24 All Floors vacuum, we would love to hear your views on it. You can leave your own review below by typing it into the box provided at the bottom of this page.
Average customer reviews of the DC24 vacuum at Amazon give it a score of 4 stars out of 5 with 85 people leaving their own comments. I highly recommend you read some of these reviews, as you’ll soon get a feel for how popular this machine is. Over 50% of those who had left a review at the time of writing this, gave the DC24 All Floors a maximum score of 5 out of 5 .
DC24 Owners liked:
- It’s lightweight.
- It’s small and can be stored in small cupboards.
- Powerful suction from such a small unit.
- Easy to empty.
- The Ball “gimmick” is really useful.
- The washable filter.
- The no-tool brushbar access/removal.
DC24 Owners did not like:
- Short hose for attachments.
- Electric cord could be longer.
- Parts are difficult to click into place.