The Hoover U6485900 Windtunnel Anniversary vacuum cleaner is an upright vacuum that uses the patented WindTunnel technology.
This vacuum uses a bag to collect the dirt and dust and includes some innovative features like:
- self-propelled to make it easier to maneuver in backwards and forwards.
- embedded DirtFinder system with red & green lights to indicate areas that might require a little more attention. The green light is on while you are using the vacuum, but if the DirtFinder system senses high levels of dirt, the red light comes on. You can then vacuum the offending area until the green light gives you the all clear.
- HEPA media bag – HEPA filters are amongst the best filters for capturing allergens and dust mite debris. In fact, published results suggests that HEPA filters capture up to 99.97% of dust and pollen, and other stuff that can cause allergic responses & asthma.
- Stretch hose & on-board accessories for cleaning areas above the floor.
- pet hair tool that uses rotating brushes that sweep up the pet hair and dirt from carpets, upholstery & other areas your pets like to sleep.
- D-Grip handle with 5-position height adjuster
- Wheels that won’t mark your delicate flooring. The bearings in the wheels ensure that the Hoover U6485900 Windtunnel vacuum is easy to move on carpet, and then when you move onto hard flooring, the wheels won’t leave marks.
- patented WindTunnel technology for powerful, deep cleaning of your carpets and flooring.
- edge cleaning bristles.
- a headlight to see where you are cleaning. This is a useful accessory on vacuums, as we don’t always want all the lights on in the house when vacuuming. The headlight means you can see what is in front of the cleaner, and find the dirt (in combination with the DirtFinder system on this Hoover Windtunnel vacuum).
- 31 foot power cable means you can reach all around the room, and even into neighboring rooms without having to stop, bend over, unplug, move and re-plug the vacuum into the electrics.
What are people saying about the U6485900 Windtunnel Anniversary Self-Propelled Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner?
At Amazon, 37 people had reviewed this vacuum cleaner (at the time of writing this). The average rating was around 4 out of 5, with the majority of people awarding this cleaner with a 5.
What people liked:
- Position of the hose for easy replacing after using the vacuum.
- Position of the cleaning accessories for easy access.
- Self-propelling feature which can be turned on or off.
- Bag full indicator light.
- Hose stays connected to the machine, so there is no bending over to manually connect it.
- Performance, with great suction and cleaning power.
- Rear wheels that are made of a softer material to prevent marking of floors.
What people did not like:
- Self-propelled feature can be “jerky”.
- Vacuum is heavy, though the self-propelling feature does help.
- Short hose.
- Vacuum is quite loud, especially on hard wood flooring.