The Hoover U5269-900 EmPower bagless upright vacuum cleaner is another Hoover vacuum that uses the patented WindTunnel technology for exceptional suction and cleaning power. Many people prefer bagless vacuum cleaners these days, so this might be a better option than, e.g. the Hoover U6485900 Windtunnel Anniversary Self-Propelled Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner, although that model is self-propelled and this one is not.
The Hoover U5269-900 EmPower has a number of great features including:
- Bagless upright vacuum cleaner.
- Hush Mode allowing you to switch the power control to hush mode for quieter cleaning, day or night.
- Patented WindTunnel technology – this vacuum has three distinct air channels to help pick up the dirt and trap it in the vacuum.
- Embedded DirtFinder system that will alert you with a red light when high concentrations of dirt are located. You simply continue vacuuming that area until the green like comes on.
- Power boost for hard to clean messes and a powerful 12 amp motor.
- HEPA filter to help remove allergens from the air passing through the vacuum cleaner. Up to 99.97% of pollen and other allergenic materials are removed by the HEPA filter, meaning those suffering from asthma and/or allergy can live in a healthier environment.
- Deluxe stretch hose.
- Adjustable height position to 5 different levels allowing you to switch easily between different heights of carpet and hard wood and tiles floors.
- Pet hair cleaning accessories.
- Ergonomic D-grip handle.
- Wheels are made of a soft material that wont mark your hard wood floors.
- A number of useful on-board cleaning accessories including a powered hand tool, crevice wand and upholstery tool and extension wand.
- Headlight to see where and what you are cleaning.
What are people saying about the Hoover EmPower Bagless Upright Cleaner?
Out of 61 review on Amazon, this cleaner averages around 4 out of 5, with more than 50% of reviewers awarding it the full 5 out of 5.
What Hoover EmPower Bagless Vacuum Cleaner Owners liked:
- Very quiet for the power.
- Dirt sensors with two modes – normal and sensitive.
- Relatively lightweight for its size.
- Canister is “almost self-cleaning”.
- The attachments in general, but particularly the pet hair attachment which actually works.
- The suction of the machine.
What they did not like:
- Messy to empty the bagless canister, though this does contradict some reports where people liked the bagless canister.
- Brush roll can be very aggressive.