The Dyson DC28 Animal is an upright vacuum cleaner for pet owners. The trademarked Airmuscle technology combines three types of cleaner head.
The three cleaner heads used in Airmuscle technology are:
- the pneumatic actuator (pulls the cleaning head to the floor for better suction)
- a powered cam (to raise and lower the motorized brush bar)
- a high-torque clutch (provides cleaning power)
These three work together to clean all floor types, and are especially good at lifting pet hair.
The DC28 Animal gives you fingertip control over your cleaning, and thanks to the powered cam which raises and lowers the brush bar, it features automatic adjustment of the brush bar depending on the type of floor you are cleaning. The brush bar will also switch off if the floor type dictates that as the best solution.
As with other models, the Dyson DC28 Animal uses the “Root Cyclone” technology to swirl the dirt into the bin without clogging and loss of suction.
The Cyclone technology working together with the HEPA filters in the machine also ensures that the air that is expelled out of the vacuum is much cleaner than the normal air you have in you house.
DC 28 Animal Specifications
- air suction is 245 Air Watts.
- It has a fixed wheel (not the Dyson Ball).
- Lifetime washable HEP filter for the best filtration possible.
- Control the motorized brush bar with your fingertips – no bending over.
- Quick draw telescopic “Reach Wand”.
- Bin has a capacity of 0.61 gallons
- Maximum reach is 52 feet
- Cord length 35 feet
- Weight 20.6 lb (9.4 Kg)
The DC28 Animal also comes with a stair tool to help you vacuum those hard to reach areas, a combination tool with debris nozzle that converts into a dusting brush, a mini-turbine head for removing pet hairs and dirt from small spaces and a “Flat Out” head for cleaning underneath that low furniture.
You can also get the following attachments for your DC28 Animal:
- Stiff Bristle Brush
- Soft Dusting Brush
- Mattress Tool
- Flexi crevice tool
Dyson DC28 Animal Customer Reviews
If you own a Dyson DC28 Animal, we’d love to hear your views on it. You can leave a review at the bottom of this page in the box provided.
There have been only a handful of reviews at Amazon as I write this. Only 8 customers left comments with an average rating of 4 out of 5. Some of the negatives in these reviews include:
- Heavy to move up and down stairs and some people found it difficult to maneuver, preferring a Dyson Ball model instead of the DC28 .
- Need to empty the canister a lot (but then this might be a positive since it indicates the vacuum cleaner is doing a good job!).
While some of the features that customers liked include:
- Easy enough to handle seemingly self-propelled (though this contradicts what several people have said about it being difficult to push).
- Low noise level.
- Emptying is easy.
- Excellent at removing pet hair & dirt from carpet.
- Easy to extract and use extension wand.
- “A really great vacuum for pet owners”