The Dyson DC23 comes in two models. The DC23 Turbinehead and the DC23 Motorhead.
The Dyson DC23 vacuums are canister cleaners with Level 3 Root Cyclone technology. The Turbinehead model has a turbine head for multi-purpose cleaning, whereas the Motorhead has a motorized brush bar to help remove dirt and pet hair from carpets.
Dyson DC23 Turbinehead features
- Root Level 3 Cyclone technology to ensure maximum suction and capturing of even the smallest dust particles.
- Turbine head brush bar is driven by air for cleaning short to medium length carpet. The brush bar can be turned off if required.
- Lifetime HEPA filter + Bactisafe system meaning the air expelled by the DC23 has up to 150 times less bacteria and spores) than the typical air you are breathing in.
- Certified asthma & allergy friendly by the Asthma & Allergy Foundation of America.
- 220 Air Watts constant suction power.
- Fixed wheel movement.
- Stair Cleaning design means that the vacuum fits between the stairs.
- 0.44 Gallon clear plastic dust bin.
- Stair, brush and crevice tools are included with this model.
- Weight 19.5 lb (8.8Kg)
- Level 3 Root Cyclone technology for the most effective suction ever.
- Telescopic Wrap system so that the vacuum can be easily stored.
- Motorized brushbar with powerful bristles for deep cleaning and removal of dirt and pet hair.
- Certified Asthma & Allergy friendly.
- HEPA + Bactisafe system.
- Hygienic and quick to empty.
- 220 Air Watts constant suction.
- Motorised brush head, stair tool, brush, crevice and hard floor tools are included with this model.
- Weight 23.89 lb with attachments (10.8 Kg)
Customer reviews for the Dyson DC23 Vacuum
If you own either the DC23 Turbinehead or the Dyson DC23 Motorhead models, we would love to hear what you think of them. You can leave your thoughts, comments or full reviews at the bottom of this page.
Being a relatively new addition to the Dyson vacuum range, the DC23 only has 4 reviews on Amazon at the time of writing this. However, those 4 reviewers scored this cleaner an average of of 5 stars out of 5.
What DC23 Owners Liked:
- Design of the cleaner.
- Extreme power of suction.
- The telescopic wand.
- The motorhead is impressive.
- “The new Level 3 Root Cyclone performs brilliantly at separating dust, sand, and large debris from the airstream more efficiently than past iterations of Dyson cyclone technology”.
- “ I have very expensive and old rugs with tassels. When the motorized brush runs over the tassels, the brush shuts off.”
- Compact design.
What DC23 Owners Disliked:
- Motorhead is noisy.
- Attachments from earlier models won’t fit on the DC23.
- Motorhead is so strong it can suck in delicate and fine rugs. Would be nice if there was a level control for older carpets.
- The hose will collapse if you step on it.
- Bin fills up quickly (but some might see this as a positive as it means the vacuum is doing its job properly.