Many consumers prefer the upright design, but want something more portable and easier to store. Dyson presents the DC18 Slim all floors cyclone upright vacuum. This unit offers a lightweight design that can easily be carried up stairs and stored in smaller closets and other spaces. Just like other products in the Dyson catalog, the DC18 is also constructed with quality and offers a long life span compared to other vacuum brands.
The DC18 is constructed with a lifetime HEPA filter system that eliminates the need to purchase additional filters. The HEPA system removes a great deal of airborne allergens and debris, expelling clean air back into your home. A lifetime filter dramatically reduces the cost required to keep the DC18 in good working order, which is a big plus for consumers who are on the fence about the price of a Dyson vacuum.
The DC18 offers a total of 200 air watts of cleaning power. This unit is also equipped with a long 25 foot power cord and 4/9 gallon collection compartment that can be emptied by pushing a single button. The DC18 is backed by a five year warranty and includes an on and off brush bar that extends to reach higher surfaces and stairs.
What did customers who bought Dyson’s DC18 Slim All Floors upright vacuum like?
- Storing the DC18 Slim is made much easier by its size. The unit is about a third smaller than the average full size vacuum cleaner.
- Dyson’s DC18 is equipped with a narrow head, which allows it to access narrow spaces and get under and behind heavy furniture with ease.
- This unit includes the strong suction power that has become an expectation of most Dyson models, even though it weighs less.
- The included crevice tool is made to be durable and is an ideal size and shape for taking care of narrow spaces and base boards.
What did Dyson’s DC18 Slim All Floors upright vacuum customers dislike?
- After about two months of use, some consumers found that the stand included with the DC18 stops working and the unit will not stand on its own. As more time passes, this issue became worse.
- The Dyson DC18 makes a lot of noise, primarily an irritating whistling sound that some consumers found very unpleasant and disruptive.
- After multiple uses, some consumers found that the beater bar did not function as well and began leaving clumps of dirt and hair behind that had to be picked up after vacuuming.