The Dyson DC15 Animal vacuum is one of the specialist pet vacuums for removing pet hairs from hard to reach nooks and crannies. Its an upright cleaner with the Dyson Ball technology so that it can be easily maneuvered around your home.
The DC15 Animal has the hugely popular Telescopic Reach wand and a hose that extends 14 ft. This makes it easy to clean stairs because you can set the main vacuum at the bottom of your stairs (not the top or you might pull the cleaner down on top of yourself), and extend the wand right to the top of the stairs.
The mini-turbine head is excellent at removing dirt and pet hairs from the stairs as well as any other tight space (like your car for example). The DC15 Animal also comes with a “Low reach floor tool” that helps you get underneath that furniture without having to lift it out of the way. This tool can be used on both carpets and hard flooring.
As with other Dyson machines, this vacuum uses the Root Cyclone technology for sucking up the dirt, and depositing it in the 0.71 gallon clear dirt bin. You also get the Dyson Ball technology for effortless steering.
DC15 Animal Specifications
- 220 Air Watts constant suction.
- Lifetime HEPA filters for the best possible cleaning of the air expelled in the exhaust of the cleaner.
- Motorised brushbar.
- Crevice tool for getting into very small spaces. This tool is to vacuuming what dental floss is to dental hygiene 😉
- Maximum reach of 51 ft because of a cord length of 37 feet and wand extension of 14 feet.
- Weight 19.95 lb (8.7Kg)
This vacuum works with a number of accessories available, including the Mattress tool, soft dusting brush & stiff bristle brush.
Dyson DC15 Animal user reviews
If you own a Dyson DC15 Animal, we would love to hear your views on it. You can scroll to the bottom of this page and post a review.
The average customer review of this vacuum at Amazon is a favorable 4.5 our of 5 based on the 195 customer reviews that were there at the time I wrote this.
DC15 Animal Owners Liked:
- Easy to empty
- Nice attachments
- Extension wand for easy vacuuming of stairs and under furniture
- Very impressive suction
- Dyson Ball
- No more filters to buy, ever!
- Turbine head.
DC15 Animal Owners Disliked:
- Manual could have been better, but then how much instruction do you need for a vacuum?
- A rear wheel brake pedal would have been nice for “parking” the vacuum while you use the wand.