The sleek Miele S163 upright vacuum offers consumers a product that is functional and attractive. For over 80 years, Miele has been producing some of the most desirable vacuums on the market, reinforcing their capabilities through the company’s well known German product designs. Their models are functional with added features that make them a preferred choice among high end vacuum shoppers. The Miele S163 Universal upright vacuum is another example of why the Miele catalog is so diverse and attractive to consumers.
This unit comes in an intense, modern black that compliments any home décor (even if it is stored out of sight). The unit offers a two speed power selector for flexibility when using on various floorings, such as carpet and smooth floors. What makes this unit special is its versatility. The S163 lives up to its name by being a truly universal cleaning tool with many uses. Many homes prefer the Miele S163 as their single vacuum cleaner appliance rather than keeping multiple, specialized products on hand.
A combination floor tool is included that works on carpets and hard, smooth floors. The S163 is preferred for households with limited space, such as small apartments or dorm rooms. Its compact size is narrow enough to store on an RV, yacht or inside a camper. Large households may add the S163 upright vacuum to make it more convenient to quickly clean without lugging out the large canister model.
What did customers who bought Miele’s S163 Universal upright vacuum like?
- Narrow and compact enough to store in many tight spaces. It’s very portable as well.
- Does an excellent job when cleaning linoleum, tile, hardwood as well as rugs.
- The S163 has a long life span, with some consumers still vacuuming with theirs even after nearly ten years of use.
- Relatively quite when running when compared to other similar vacuum models.
What did Miele’s S163 Universal customers dislike?
- Some consumers found that the unit did not do well on carpeting. It was very difficult to push regardless of which setting was used.
- The lack of a flexible hose makes the attachments unwieldy and awkward. To reach high spots, the consumer must physically lift the entire vacuum.
- The S163 Universal upright vacuum uses small dust bags, which can mean more replacements and more overall cost in the long run.
- Pet owners had trouble picking up fur from carpeting. The Universal upright vacuum took multiple passes to make a noticeable difference in carpet debris when dealing with fur and dander.