Miele has been a popular brand for high end household appliances for decades. In operation since July of 1899, the company has produced many quality products including vacuum cleaners. The S2 Olympus canister vacuum comes with a combination rug and floor cleaning tool. This addition makes the S2 Olympus ideal for households that have varied floor surfaces.
The S2 Olympus also features an on board attachments holder. Consumers can easily store all the unit’s accessories right on the canister using the VarioClip design. Items are also kept on top of the house or along the base so there is no concern about losing parts during transportation or storage of the vacuum.
Miele has implemented a number of helpful operational features that optimize the running power of the S2 Olympus. A variable speed motor control option designed by Rotary Dial helps the consumer to adjust the power of the vacuum as needed. An optional HEPA filter can also help the S2 Olympus’ super air clean filtration system remove allergens and airborne debris from your home. Miele backs its products with a seven year warranty on the Vortex motor, as well as a seven year warranty on the casing (which includes the upper and lower housings). A one year warranty is provided on parts and labor.
What did customers who bought Miele’s S2 Olympus canister vacuum like?:
- Consumers love the sturdy design of Miele’s S2 Olympus canister vacuum.
- The lengthy 29 and a half feet of retractable power cord which allows consumers to reach farther without finding a new outlet.
- The light weight design (which comes in under ten pounds), is easy to carry around the home. It is also well balanced and offers a comfortable range of movement when in use.
- The quiet motor is another big plus, which helps keep the home peaceful while tidying up.
What did customers dislike?:
- Some consumers did not have a positive experience with the short hose, which can easily wrap around the canister.
- Those with wood floors may be reluctant to use the S2 Olympus’ rug and floor tool, because it includes a rubber blade and hard, nylon bristles that could cause damage.
- Consumers who wish to use a brush on wood floors will have to fork out about $50 or more for one with the Miele brand while a generic model costs less than half that price.
You can read all the Miele S2 Olympus Vacuum reviews here.