Vacuums are often divided into two groups – upright vacuums and canister vacuums. The canister vacuums look a little like pods that slide along the floor. They are often more popular in homes with hard wood or tile flooring, as their suction is not usually as great as the traditional upright vacuum. The advantages of canister vacuums is that they take up less room, are often lighter, and usually less expensive. You can see the canister vacuums we have looked at on this site below:
Ever since the early 1900s, Eureka has been making great leaps in the vacuum cleaner industry. In the past decades, the company has expanded its offerings and grown its popularity among consumers thanks to products like the Mighty Mite. Eureka’s compact Mighty Mite canister vacuum is intended for consumers that need a better, easier way to clean up their smooth floors. This 12 AMP vacuum is backed by Eureka’s one year limited warranty.
The Mighty Mite canister vacuum is designed with a power touch handle and fingertip controls for added convenience. Consumers can simply switch settings without bending down to make adjustments. A 20 foot power cord is included to provide a decent cleaning radius with the Mighty Mite. When paired with the vacuum’s small size, the Mighty Mite can handle many different areas within the home. The light weight design makes it much easier to carry the vacuum up and down stairs. The compact dimensions are also a plus for homes with limited storage space.
The Mighty Mite is packaged with a handful of on board tools, including an upholstery nozzle, dusting brush and crevice tool. It is protected with an auto shut off function that stops damage that can be caused by over heating. These functions help make the Mighty Mite convenient and easy to use while preventing possible damage during use.
What did customers who bought Eureka’s Mighty Mite canister vacuum like?
- The Mighty Mite canister vacuum offered enough power to pick up a variety of debris, including pet hair and general dirt that can make its way onto smooth flooring.
- Although the Mighty Mite is not silent, it does produce a low to moderate amount of noise during use that is quite bearable in most households.
- Rather than blowing debris around on smooth surfaces, the Mighty Mite is strong enough to actually suck it up into the vacuum.
- Most consumers who purchased the Mighty Mite vacuum also found that it was quite durable and lasted a long time, even when used with pets and children.
What did Eureka’s Mighty Mite customers dislike?
- Some consumers commented that the Mighty Mite canister vacuum became clogged quickly and had to be frequently cleaned out before finishing a room.
- Eureka left out many popular features, such as an automatic rewind function that many consumers prefer.
- Upon opening their Mighty Mite vacuum, many consumers complained that the parts were flimsy and felt cheaply made, especially compared to other Eureka products.
Electrolux’s Oxygen canister vacuum is designed to offer modern convenience with an easy to use design. It is also backed by the quality that has made this seasoned manufacturer so popular among consumers. The unit is packaged with a two year warranty and a 1,400 watt motor that powers a low profile power vacuum head for a deeper, more thorough clean. The low profile allows the vacuum to slide easily under furniture and other low hanging spaces that others simply cannot reach.
The Oxygen canister vacuum utilizes a HEPA filter system, which is a very popular commodity on modern vacuum cleaners. HEPA not only removes debris from floors, but helps improve overall air quality by removing airborne allergens and debris while the vacuum is in use. The Oxygen’s auto close S vacuum bag helps stop dust from making its way out of the vacuum and back into your home.
Accessories included with the Oxygen canister vacuum are the dusting brush, upholstery tool, crevice tool and a convenient storage caddy. The brush roll is managed by finger tip controls along with suction power controls built on the vacuum’s handle for easy access. The Oxygen canister vacuum by Electrolux is designed for quality and convenience.
What did customers who bought Electrolux’s Oxygen canister vacuum like?
- Each attachment included with the Oxygen canister vacuum offers a sizable reach that makes them easier to use.
- The overall appearance of the Oxygen canister vacuum is very appealing. Even though this doesn’t improve performance, it is a plus for some consumers.
- Standard bags for the Oxygen canister vacuum are relatively inexpensive, making it an economical choice in the long run.
- The power head and hard floor attachments are easy to use under low spaces, such as floors beneath furniture.
What did Electrolux’s Oxygen canister vacuum customers dislike?
- The Oxygen canister vacuum works well at first, but after about a year (sometimes less), the vacuum seems to have a history of falling apart.
- The pile height adjustment confuses some consumers and must be set correctly or the unit will not work properly. This takes away some of the convenience factor of the Oxygen vacuum.
- The plastic wand included with the Oxygen canister vacuum is noted as being flimsy and may bend when inserted as directed by the instructions.
The Electrolux Oxy3 Ultra canister vacuum is designed to handle many household jobs, from smooth flooring to plush carpeting and more. The unit can safely run on bare wood and laminate flooring as well as traditional carpet. The cleaning capabilities of the Oxy3 Ultra vacuum make it a great choice for consumers in search of a functional all purpose cleaner. This model comes with a two year warranty. The design is functional, but a little heavier than other canister vacuums which could be a negative point for those who have trouble lifting.
The Oxy3 Ultra uses MicroSeal Fresh Air technology that includes a sealed HEPA filter to remove a majority of ultra fine dust and debris from air. The result is not only cleaner floors but cleaner air in the home. HEPA systems are a hot commodity in vacuum cleaners, especially for homes with allergy or asthma sufferers.
Electrolux packages its Oxy3 Ultra canister vacuum with a telescopic wand, crush resistant hose, upholstery brush, crevice tool, floor and wall brush and a dusting brush. The unit is also constructed with a 360 degree swivel design to offer maximum range of motion when using the hose. Finger tip controls positioned on the vacuum’s handle along with the automatic cord rewind function helps make cleaning and storing easier.
What did customers who bought Electrolux’s Oxy3 Ultra canister vacuum like?
- The bare floor attachment included in the Oxy3 Ultra is wider than other similar accessories, making it more convenient to use and reducing total cleaning time needed for smooth floors.
- The telescopic wand can reach under furniture for a more thorough clean every time it is used.
- When using the motorized vacuum head, many consumers noted a great deal of power. In some cases, the vacuum seemed to propel itself to some degree.
- Overall, the canister was easy to maneuver without hitting into furniture or walls and avoiding other obstacles.
What did Electrolux’s Oxy3 Ultra canister vacuum customers dislike?
- A number of consumers reported that their Oxy3 Ultra canister vacuum stopped working after a very short period of time, often only a matter of months.
- The large vacuum head felt bulky to some, making it hard to use and maneuver comfortably. The size was difficult to move around narrow spaces and furniture.
- Some consumers found that the assembly that attaches the power nozzle and wand may fall apart or break over time due to inadequate quality and construction.
Electrolux marries the green movement with an effective canister vacuum that many families can appreciate. With a focus on being eco-friendly, coming up with efficient appliances is a must. Electrolux has produced the UltraSilencer Green canister vacuum to suit both the needs of consumers and those of the environment. This can lead to a better long term option that not only helps homes function in harmony with the environment, but also reduce the overall cost of utility bills.
This unit includes a high efficiency motor that is designed for very low noise output, totaling only 60 DBA. This is a great feature for homes with multiple people or pets that become frightened by the vacuum cleaner. The low noise output is also helpful in apartment style living situations. The unit comes with a two year warranty and is constructed of 55% recycled plastic. 80% of the vacuum’s packaging is made from recycled, unbleached cardboard.
The UltraSilencer Green canister vacuum includes a hose and handle, nozzle and brush combination tool, crevice tool, telescopic tube, carpet and floor nozzle, and dust bag. Suction can be adjusted through built in settings and a replaceable motor filter helps improve cleaning potential. The unit is designed with a comfort handle and bag full indicator. The Electrolux UltraSilencer Green vacuum is a household appliance with a great deal of appeal.
What did customers who bought Electrolux’s UltraSilencer Green canister vacuum like?
- The compact size, minimal weight and comfort handle make it easy to carry the UltraSilencer Green vacuum up and down stairs or elsewhere in the home.
- Many surfaces, including up against walls and furniture, can be safely vacuumed without scratching or damaging. The UltraSilencer can get a close clean without leaving debris behind in edges or crevices.
- The UltraSilencer is ideal for many jobs, including larger debris such as pet food, fur and bird seed. It offers decent power for homes with pets, children or both.
- Very quiet during operation which makes it possible to use the UltraSilencer almost any time without creating a disturbance.
What did Electrolux’s UltraSilencer Green canister vacuum customers dislike?
- The UltraSilencer Green canister vacuum may not have enough suction power to handle some types of carpeting.
- Some consumers found that the brush tool, which is included with the vacuum, broke after only a few months of regular use.
- There is debate over the width of the vacuum head. Some consumers felt that a wider head would be better to reduce the number of passes needed to clean a room.
The Dyson brand is associated with many products, but some of these deviate away from the standard upright vacuum design. Dyson satisfies fans of the canister vacuum with its DC21 Stowaway model. This vacuum cleaner utilizes a canister set up and equips it with all the popular features that have made Dyson so desirable. The unit maintains constant and even suction power, even after a long period of use and comes with a durable design many consumers love.
The Dyson DC21 Stowaway canister vacuum comes with 220 air watts of power and a power cord that measures over 16 feet long. This model is also equipped with a 4/9 gallon collection bin and conveniently compact design that is ideal for storage in smaller spaces. Dyson has also backed up its DC21 Stowaway with a five year warranty. Most consumers find they do not need to use the warranty, but it is there just in case.
The DC21 is packaged with a hard floor tool that extends for use on stairs and elevated surfaces. An on and off brush bar enhances cleaning potential along with the lifetime HEPA filter. Through the HEPA system, the Dyson DC21 can remove a great deal of particles and allergens from the air sucked in through the vacuum.
What did customers who bought Dyson’s DC21 Stowaway canister vacuum like?
- The extreme suction power offered by a Dyson turns many apprehensive customers into long time Dyson buyers.
- The DC21 Stowaway cleans air as well as carpets through its highly effective HEPA filter system.
- Emptying and cleaning of the dust collection compartment is simple and convenient, reducing the amount of time needed to finish the job.
- The unit is not as loud as most other vacuums. There is some noise, but noise output in general is low with a Dyson model.
What did Dyson’s DC21 Stowaway customers dislike?
- The Dyson DC21 is constructed primarily of plastic pieces. Over time, these can become damaged or cracked and hinder the vacuum’s ability to collect dust securely.
- Some consumers found that the hose accessory included was a problematic weak point. It would sometimes break apart and become unusable after a short period of time.
- Not everyone likes the canister vacuum design. Some consumers complained that the DC21 in particular had trouble rolling over carpeting and other obstacles, possibly due to the small wheels attached to the canister base.
For decades, Dyson has drawn in consumers with the promise of a better quality vacuum. In many ways, the company manages to deliver on its promise. The DC33 multi floor cleaner is another example of Dyson innovation and quality hard at work in a functional household appliance that many consumers love. This unit requires no extra expenses for regular use. There are no replacement vacuum bag purchases required to keep the Dyson DC33 up and running.
Dyson has equipped its DC33 with a lifetime HEPA filter that can be washed regularly so it stays functional and effective. This is a great thing for two reasons. First, HEPA filter costs can add up over time as multiple replacement filters are purchased. Second, the presence of the HEPA system gives the DC33 an edge in homes with allergy sufferers. Dyson vacuums are known for being capable of removing 99.99% of dust and debris particles that enter it thanks to its effective HEPA filter system.
The DC33 is also designed to be lightweight for easy use and transportation. This unit includes a telescopic reach wand. Just like other Dyson models, it is also a preferred choice because it experiences no suction loss, even after a long period of regular use. The Dyson DC33 is an excellent choice for consumers who want a long lasting product that will clean their carpets and reduce airborne allergens in their home.
What did customers who bought Dyson’s DC33 multi floor vacuum like?
- The collection canister can hold a large capacity of dirt and debris, which reduces the amount of times the consumer must stop to empty it.
- Very quiet when in use. There is minimal sound output with the Dyson DC33, making it an excellent choice for households with young children or pets who are frightened by the vacuum cleaner.
- The included hose is very long which makes it much easier to use the attachments in harder to reach locations and elevated spaces.
What did Dyson’s DC33 multi floor customers dislike?
- The hose and wand can be a bit cumbersome to use, taking away some of the convenience of the added reach. The unit may also topple to one side when using the wand.
- Dyson’s DC33 is heavier than many other similar modes. The added weight can make it a challenge to carry up and down stairs or transport outside of the home.
- The unit’s head piece is very high and requires more than a few inches of clearance, which makes it impossible to use under many couches and other low furniture.
Dirt Devil offers the Vision Turbo canister vacuum as another option for fans of the canister design. This unit provides an appealing combination of features, accessories and price. The Vision Turbo vacuum is equipped with a 12 AMP motor that helps keep dirt and debris passing through the unit’s HEPA filter system. The HEPA system is designed to remove 99.9% of all allergens and dust particles in the home, making it an excellent choice for homes with allergy sufferers or significant dust and dander issues.
Dirt Devil’s Vision Turbo canister vacuum uses a bagless design that is optimized for carpeting, smooth flooring and other surfaces as well as homes with pets. The removal of a disposable bag reduces the long term costs associated with the Vision Turbo, making it an economical choice for many consumers. A 20 foot power cord is included.
Accessories include crevice tool, upholstery tool, dusting tool, turbo power hand brush, carpet nozzle and floor nozzle. The unit is also backed by a two year warranty that covers the motor and parts, and helps reassure indecisive consumers considering the Vision Turbo. This model offers many convenient features in a basic canister vacuum that is, for the most part, economical.
What did customers who bought Dirt Devil’s 082700 Vision Turbo canister vacuum like?
- The convenient automatic cord rewind feature makes it much easier to use and store the Dirt Devil Vision Turbo canister vacuum.
- After taking the Vision Turbo home, many consumers loved the quick, painless assembly required to get it ready to use.
- Cleaning dirt and debris from the Dirt Devil Vision Turbo is simple and requires a quick press of a button to access the dirt container and remove it for emptying.
- Excellent balance of price and value compared to other similar units available through other manufacturers.
What did Dirt Devil’s 082700 Vision Turbo customers dislike?
- The HEPA filter may need to be changed often, depending on how frequently the unit is used. This can get very expensive over time when multiple filters are needed every few weeks.
- The overheat function causes the unit to shut off when it gets too hot. While this is a good thing, it tends to overheat rather quickly which can become frustrating and require multiple sessions to finish vacuuming multiple rooms.
- The built in accessory holder is made of plastic and frequently drops accessories. Some consumers reported this lead to the loss of the vacuum’s original accessories.
Some consumers have found a favorite in Miele’s S4210 Carina Galaxy canister vacuum. The unit comes with a rotary dial suction control for a customized clean. The Carina Galaxy canister vacuum also offers up to 29 and a half feet of operating space. This unit also offers many of the same benefits shared by other Miele products, including a long lasting German design and powerful motor system built to handle all types of cleaning jobs.
The sealed filter system of many Miele vacuums makes them a desirable choice for those with allergies. The Carina Galaxy canister vacuum is no different, fully utilizing the closed system design to keep dust particles and debris where they belong – inside the vacuum. Nothing can escape back onto freshly cleaned floors or furniture. The system can also reduce the chances of airborne allergens making their way back into the air inside your home.
Consumers can also enjoy the convenience of the built in bag change indicator light and a safety shut off that prevents the unit from overheating and possibly becoming damaged. Brackets positioned along the sides of the vacuum reserve spaces to store accessories directly on the vacuum. These include a carpet and smooth flooring tool, non-electric hose, bristle dusting brush, stainless steel telescopic wand, crevice tool, and upholstery nozzle. The Carina Galaxy is an excellent choice for those searching for a well rounded vacuum cleaner.
What did customers who bought Miele’s S4210 Carina Galaxy canister vacuum like?
- The Carina Galaxy vacuum is one of the least expensive of the Miele line, although it is no less effective adding greater value for the price.
- Excellent suction is offered by this Miele model so that the vacuum can handle many floor types, from carpeting to rugs and smooth floors like tile and Pergo.
- Very fast assembly is simple and can be done within a few minutes so the consumer can get right to vacuuming with their new Carina Galaxy.
- Numerous settings are available on the Carina Galaxy so consumers can easily handle various types of carpeting and even fringe on oriental rugs.
What did Miele’s S4210 Carina Galaxy customers dislike?
- The setting controls are positioned on the vacuum’s canister, which means that the consumer must bend down each time they want to change the setting.
- A floor and carpeting toggle switch is also inconveniently positioned on the vacuum’s head and requires bending down as well as significant effort to move.
- The dust bags are rather small and expensive, and they require frequent changing which can get costly in the long term.
- Trouble removing pet hair from furniture and carpeting.
The attractive S5280 Pisces canister vacuum by Miele is a popular choice for many consumers who prefer to deviate from the common upright design. This model includes a HEPA filter system that can remove up to 99.97% of all particles as small as .3 microns from air and carpeting. Families that include allergy sufferers or households with multiple pets can really appreciate the capabilities of the HEPA system. The Pisces is also an excellent choice for homes that have odor issues because this unit can trap undesirable smells and offer a better overall clean that improves the overall atmosphere in your home.
Much like many other Miele products, the Pisces canister vacuum is fitted with a 1,200 watt Vortex high output motor system, a trademark feature of Miele vacuums. This design is known for offering excellent power and great suction as well as a long life span to keep the vacuum in good working order for many, many years.
The Pisces canister vacuum is also equipped with a unique sound insulation that works with the vacuum’s new silence setting to diminish sound output to the lowest possible level. This is a very valuable feature for households with multiple people or those who live in shared buildings such as an apartment or town home. Other features include a six power setting rotary dial control and the 205-3 Turbo power nozzle.
What did customers who bought Miele’s S5280 Pisces canister vacuum like?
- The HEPA filter and great suction power of the Pisces canister vacuum makes it ideal for homes where pets and allergy sufferers coexist.
- No unpleasant exhaust which means more debris is making it into the vacuum rather than back into the air.
- Most attachments can be stored right on the unit so they are not lost and never have to be stored separately.
- The powered hose gives the brush greater versatility and strength for a better clean.
- A special curtain cleaning setting allows consumers to clean valances and curtains quickly and easily with their Pisces canister vacuum.
What did Miele’s S5280 Pisces customers dislike?
- The power cord was a little on the short side, an addition of five or six feet would be a big improvement. Large spaces may require frequent outlet changes to complete the job.
- Maintenance on the unit can be expensive, especially the HEPA filter bags.
- Pushing the Turbo brush can be very challenging on some floor surfaces.
- The switch design for rewinding and unwinding the cord are not conveniently placed. They can be very difficult to use without causing the vacuum to slip away or fall.
The S5211 Deluxe canister vacuum offers consumers 1,200 watts of power through the highly regarded Vortex motor system designed by Miele. This system provides the unit with sufficient power for a deep clean that many consumers look for when purchasing a vacuum cleaner. The Deluxe canister vacuum is yet another testament to the innovative, durable design of Miele products. Combining German reliability with modern convenience, the Deluxe is poised to deliver on the promises made by its feature list.
Miele’s Deluxe model includes three integrated cleaning tools. Each can be stored on the canister itself through specially designed ports, reducing the need for additional accessory storage (and reducing the chances of lost pieces). This model includes an air clean filter and pre motor filter as well as a combination carpet and smooth flooring tool to handle all manner of household cleaning tasks effectively.
Additional features include a durable stainless steel telescopic wand and non-electric hose. The Deluxe is constructed with the highly sought German design of other Miele products, however it is available for a slightly more economical price compared to other models in the same catalog. First time Miele buyers who prefer to keep the total purchase price down may prefer the Deluxe canister vacuum as their starter product when testing out this well known manufacturer.
What did customers who bought Miele’s S5211 Deluxe canister vacuum like?
- Durable German design that is made to last rather than to just look good.
- Optimum suction allows consumers to collect more debris and dirt from their homes in a single pass with he Deluxe model.
- The Vortex motor system is a very popular feature in many Miele vacuums because it is the component behind the excellent cleaning capabilities offered by the Deluxe canister vacuum.
- A stylish, low key design that focuses more on functionality than on appearance of the cleaning appliance.
What did Miele’s S5211 Deluxe canister vacuum customers dislike?
- Some consumers do not like the canister design in general because it can be difficult to handle compared to the standard upright models.
- The Deluxe canister vacuum seemed to experience issues with picking up pet hair for some consumers.
- Although Miele’s Deluxe canister vacuum offers a decent reach, it could use a longer power cord for better convenience.
Miele’s S5381 Leo canister vacuum offers a number of convenient features that many consumers love. The unit is equipped with a highly effective HEPA filter system that can do wonders for keeping homes free of airborne allergens and debris that can impact allergies. Households with multiple pets or homes of allergy sufferers can benefit tremendously from a vacuum with a HEPA system. The Leo canister vacuum is also constructed with a 4.76 quart dust bag capacity that is spring loaded and fitted with a self sealing collar to keep dust and debris inside the bag.
Miele has risen in the ranks of home cleaning appliances for many reasons. High on that list is the trademark Vortex motor system, which is also included in the S5381 Leo. The system manages 1,200 watts to provide sufficient power for optimum operation and suction. The German design of all Miele products is another attractive feature that makes some consumers long term Miele customers.
The Leo canister vacuum is also equipped with a 33 foot reach radius and an SEB236 electric power head, SES119 electric hose, SBB300-3 parquet twister floor brush and an SET210 electric stainless steel telescopic wand. The unit’s integrated accessories include a crevice nozzle, dusting brush and upholstery tool to add more options to the Leo’s cleaning repertoire.
What did customers who bought Miele’s S5381 Leo canister vacuum like?
- A great deal of power is offered by the S5381 Leo’s Vortex motor system which is a huge plus for all types of household cleaning purposes.
- The unit has proven effective in homes that include multiple pets and children.
- Exceptionally quiet running during regular operation which helps keep stress levels down in homes and makes it possible to vacuum almost any time without becoming a disturbance.
- The dust bags are equipped with self closing flags that make it easy to remove them without spilling or bringing dust out of the unit back into the home. more economically priced brands.
What did Miele’s S5381 Leo customers dislike?
- The S5381 Leo canister vacuum is priced much like many other Miele products: a bit on the high side. This makes it less attractive in the eyes of some consumers.
- Along with the actual unit, accessories for the Leo canister vacuum can also be very steep in price.
- Some individuals prefer the less unwieldy upright design to the canister vacuum.
Miele’s Libra vacuum utilizes a canister design with a few trademark touches that have made the manufacturer so popular. High on that list is a durable German design and quality construction intended to give the Libra a long life span. Even though Miele products tend to cost more than economical brands, they often provide consumers with many years (sometimes more than a decade) of use.
The Libra canister vacuum includes a sealed system that prevents dirt and debris from escaping during use and storage. This also keeps the dirt from finding its way back out into the home again, which is a big plus for allergy sufferers. On board storage is very important to some consumers, and Miele offers it with the Libra. The three integrated tools included can be stored right on the vacuum. This eliminates the need for extra storage or the chances of a lost piece later on, which is a big plus.
The Miele Libra canister vacuum is also equipped with a powerful 1,200 watt Vortex motor that is a popular component in many of the company’s products. The Vortex system is known for being strong, durable and capable of significant suction. Additional features include a safety overheating shut off, dust bag change indicator, and ergonomic handle.
What did customers who bought Miele’s S5281 Libra canister vacuum like?
- Long life span that is often associated with many Miele products because of their quality German design.
- Excellent maneuverability to get under and around furniture and other common obstacles in the home.
- Effortless operation that is very easy to push and requires minimal strength to get a good clean quickly without breaking a sweat.
- The powerful Vortex motor which has become a highly sought trademark in the Miele line of home vacuum cleaners.
- The generally compact design makes it easy to lift and move the Libra canister vacuum. Its size and weight also make it easy to store in closets or elsewhere without straining your back.
What did Miele’s S5281 Libra canister vacuum customers dislike?
- The Miele Libra canister vacuum is a little pricy compared to other models, which seems to be a trend with many of the company’s products.
- Not everyone loves the canister design, which can be a little frustrating for anyone who prefers the stiff upright design.
- Even though the Libra weighs less than many other vacuum models, it can be tricky to move over thick carpeting and other obstacles.
For more than eighty years, Miele has been perfecting its product line and raising the bar on the vacuum market. The S5481 Earth vacuum is another addition to its many canister designs. This unit includes power controls that can be set by the consumer, ranging anywhere from 300 watts to 1,200 watts. Regardless of which setting the consumer chooses, the Earth vacuum cleaner is powered by Miele’s trademark motor which is known for its strong, even suction. An automatic power default setting is also available.
Consumers can clean even more at once with the 33 foot reach radius of the Earth canister vacuum. The unit also includes a filter indicator, safety shut off to prevent overheating problems and an overheating lamp. These additions can help consumers prevent damage to their vacuum, which can amount to a product life span and fewer repair services needed for the life of the vacuum.
A number of additional accessories are packaged with the S5481 Earth canister vacuum. Consumers can improve their cleaning capabilities with the dusting brush, crevice tool and upholstery nozzle. Each is designed to manage many different jobs, even difficult to access locations such as behind furniture or between cushions. The Earth canister allows consumers to handle all of their home’s dry surface cleaning needs with a single vacuum.
What did customers who bought Miele’s S5481 Earth canister vacuum like?
- The S5481 Earth vacuum offers a low ground clearance to allow access to even more hard to reach areas in your home.
- Very quiet noise output during operation so vacuuming can be done almost any time without disturbing other individuals in the home.
- Ideal filtration system that catches a majority of dirt and debris and prevents it from finding its way back into your home.
- Convenient cord winder to prevent tangles and make use and storage even easier.
- An overall attractive appearance that is stylish, but not loud or gaudy like other similar vacuum models available through other manufacturers.
What did Miele’s S5481 Earth customers dislike?
- Like many other Miele vacuums, the Earth canister model is a little pricy. Of course quality is important, and can help offset that high price tag.
- Adding or removing some accessories can be cumbersome and frustrating at times.
- The canister design is not preferred by some because it can be a little unwieldy and take more effort to move around the home, especially for consumers who are used to the standard upright style vacuum.
The Miele S5980 Capricorn canister vacuum is another gem in the company’s extensive product catalog. This unit includes an active HEPA filter system that helps allergy sufferers get relief in their homes simply by vacuuming regularly. The system will not remove all airborne debris from every room, but it can make a marked improvement when used often. HEPA equipped vacuums are ideal for homes with pets or consumers with an interest in improving overall air quality for their family.
The Capricorn’s HEPA filter system is complimented by the sealed system design that is found in many other Miele products. This design prevents debris from leaving the unit and re-entering the home. The sealed system is a great way to help optimize the potential of the HEPA filter used in the vacuum for an overall design intended to completely clean and improve the environment inside the home
Miele has packaged the Capricorn canister vacuum with additional features including a three parquet twister floor brush and the SEB236 power brush. Consumers are given a 21 foot power cord length and seven foot hose length as well as a crevice nozzle, dusting brush, and upholstery tool to reach those difficult spaces where dust and often settle.
What did customers who bought Miele’s S5980 Capricorn canister vacuum like?
- A compact, lightweight design that makes it much easier to get deep down into tight spaces and hard to reach locations where dirt and debris could be hiding.
- A wonderful vacuum to help alleviate the symptoms of allergies and improve air quality thanks to the HEPA filter and closed system design.
- Does an excellent job in heavily trafficked areas in the home. The Capricorn can handle just about any household cleaning task.
- A strong motor helps the Capricorn lift dirt and debris from carpeting and furniture, even in areas that pets and children frequently use.
What did Miele’s S5980 Capricorn canister vacuum customers dislike?
- The Miele Capricorn canister vacuum suffers from one of the most common issues among other Miele products: an intimidating price tag that causes some consumers to search elsewhere for their next vacuum purchase.
- The canister vacuum design is not ideal for everyone. Consumers who are accustomed to the standard upright construction may have difficulties adjusting to a canister vacuum.
- Filter and bag changes can get a bit expensive in the long run, especially in homes with children or pets that require frequent use of the Capricorn canister vacuum.
Many consumers love Miele because the company has a proven track record that spans more than 80 years. The S5981 Capricorn vacuum is another example of Miele’s ability to design functional, efficient and convenient products. This unit comes with the SEB-236 power brush which makes it a good choice for canister vacuum shoppers. It is also created with the sturdy German design that many returning Miele customers absolutely love about the company’s products.
The S5981 Capricorn is equipped with Miele’s powerful 1,200 watt Vortex motor system. This alone makes the unit worth the purchase, providing significant suction that makes other brand name models look inadequate in comparison. An SEB-217 power head is included and allows consumers to adjust based on carpet height. The unit is also ideal for cleaning around tight edges and bare floors with ease.
An SBB300-3 parquet floor brush is also included in the Miele S5981 Capricorn package. This brush is designed to handle low spaces, such as under furniture and along base boards. The brush can lay flat so the consumer can maneuver it around chair legs and tightly around corners and bends. The brush features a 90 degree twisting rotation which makes it easy to access many tight, narrow or awkward spaces in the home or office that other vacuums miss. The Capricorn is also built with a completely sealed system to prevent dust and debris from escaping back into the air and onto carpets and furniture.
What did customers who bought Miele’s S5981 Capricorn vacuum like?
- The durability and long life span that comes with many Miele products, including the S5981 Capricorn vacuum.
- Sturdy German design that gives every component a heavy duty, thick feel, including horse hair brushes, durable plastics and no cheap or flimsy parts.
- The S5981 is very quiet while running.
What did Miele’ S5981 Capricorn customers dislike?
- Some consumers complained that the head piece on the vacuum was the weakest part and required frequent maintenance and repair.
- The canister design requires some adapting for consumers who are accustomed to the standard upright vacuums.
- Attachment pieces felt awkward to use and did not seem to collect up floor debris, such as pet fur.
- Wires that run down along the head of the Capricorn vacuum have been known to collect debris and form clogs which can be very difficult to remove.
The Miele S4212 Neptune canister vacuum is another product in the Miele family of quality vacuum cleaners. Families have been purchasing from Miele since 1899, and for many good reasons. The company produces high end products that are built to last a very long time. The new Miele S4212 Neptune canister vacuum lives up to company expectations and comes with the STB 205-3 Turbo tool. It is truly a compliment to the Miele line.
The Turbo tool alone is a great find that helps consumers tidy up upholstery as well as stairs and other hard to reach areas in the home. Clean furniture effectively and comfortably thanks to the Neptune’s convenient design. Any soft furnishings can be cleaned safely using the Miele S4212 Neptune’s STB 205-3 Turbo tool. It is designed to handle tough jobs, even on delicate fabrics. Its diverse capabilities are complimented by the power of the Miele motor, which offers great deal of suction that can handle almost any household cleaning job.
Consumers can get more cleaning done with less resituating because the Miele S4212 Neptune canister vacuum includes a total reach of 30 feet. That includes the length of the power cord and hose combined. The vacuum is also equipped with the renowned Miele brand Vortex motor system that includes telescopic suction tubes to prevent back strain. Overall, the Miele Neptune canister vacuum is a wonderful find among high end canister models.
What did customers who bought Miele’s S4212 Neptune canister vacuum like?
- Many consumers really love the quiet motor of this canister vacuum.
- An admirable 30 foot total reach makes it possible to move from one room to another in a single motion.
- Consumers also fell in love with the adjustable suction feature of the Neptune, which allowed them to clean many different fabrics easily.
- An overall compact design makes it easy to store and transport the Miele S4212 Neptune canister vacuum.
What did Miele’s S4212 customers dislike?
- The vacuum is not able to us powered accessories, such as a power brush. Although the included attachment is functional, the flexibility of powered accessories would be a plus.
- The Turbo tool included works well on some surfaces, such as low pile rugs, but not so well on carpeting. The tool is suction powered and lacks the kick needed to be as flexible as intended.
- The hose and attachment are rather narrow, which means it takes more passes to cover wider areas. Of course this is a plus for those who need to get into very tight spaces.
Miele spices up housecleaning with its chili red S2180 Titan canister vacuum. Miele has been serving its customers for more than eight decades. The company has become synonymous with quality products that last. The Titan canister vacuum is just another example of Miele’s commitment to its industry, customers and product.
The chili red canister is accented by solid black handles and a silver hose and wand piece. The unit includes Miele’s trademark Vortex motor system, which is a huge benefit to all their vacuums. The Vortex offers strong suction that can handle just about any clean up task needed. A built in bag change indicator alerts consumers when the bag is ready to be replaced so there are no surprises while using the vacuum cleaner. The Titan model also comes with six different power settings that allow the consumer to use it on a variety of surfaces.
The Miele S2180 Titan canister vacuum is constructed with the handy VarioClip accessory holder which makes it possible to store each component directly on the vacuum. This is a great feature every vacuum cleaner should include because it reduces the need for additional accessory storage. The Titan’s telescopic wand and HEPA filter offer consumers an even more thorough clean compared to other models. The unit also includes a dusting brush and crevice tool for harder to reach places.
What did customers who bought Miele’s S2180 Titan canister vacuum like?
- The power brush which allows the consumer to vacuum many differ surfaces from thick carpeting to delicate upholstery.
- Improved cleaning with the Titan canister vacuum helps take care of some air quality issues, further improved by the HEPA filter.
- Six suction settings that allow for full control of the unit. Even the weakest setting was strong enough to handle many different cleaning tasks.
- Deep cleaning capability of the S2180 Titan canister vacuum makes it possible to reduce the number of times it must be used each week.
What did Miele’s S2180 customers dislike?
- The lack of a handle or some sort of gripping surface on top of the canister makes it less convenient when lifting over furniture, baby gates or any other obstacle.
- Some consumers found that the heavy construction of the Titan canister vacuum’s wand made it difficult to use.
- The price of dust bags for this unit is a bit high, which is made worse by the fact that the unit has a small dust bag compartment which will mean more bag replacements are needed for regular use.
Miele has been a popular brand for high end household appliances for decades. In operation since July of 1899, the company has produced many quality products including vacuum cleaners. The S2 Olympus canister vacuum comes with a combination rug and floor cleaning tool. This addition makes the S2 Olympus ideal for households that have varied floor surfaces.
The S2 Olympus also features an on board attachments holder. Consumers can easily store all the unit’s accessories right on the canister using the VarioClip design. Items are also kept on top of the house or along the base so there is no concern about losing parts during transportation or storage of the vacuum.
Miele has implemented a number of helpful operational features that optimize the running power of the S2 Olympus. A variable speed motor control option designed by Rotary Dial helps the consumer to adjust the power of the vacuum as needed. An optional HEPA filter can also help the S2 Olympus’ super air clean filtration system remove allergens and airborne debris from your home. Miele backs its products with a seven year warranty on the Vortex motor, as well as a seven year warranty on the casing (which includes the upper and lower housings). A one year warranty is provided on parts and labor.
What did customers who bought Miele’s S2 Olympus canister vacuum like?:
- Consumers love the sturdy design of Miele’s S2 Olympus canister vacuum.
- The lengthy 29 and a half feet of retractable power cord which allows consumers to reach farther without finding a new outlet.
- The light weight design (which comes in under ten pounds), is easy to carry around the home. It is also well balanced and offers a comfortable range of movement when in use.
- The quiet motor is another big plus, which helps keep the home peaceful while tidying up.
What did customers dislike?:
- Some consumers did not have a positive experience with the short hose, which can easily wrap around the canister.
- Those with wood floors may be reluctant to use the S2 Olympus’ rug and floor tool, because it includes a rubber blade and hard, nylon bristles that could cause damage.
- Consumers who wish to use a brush on wood floors will have to fork out about $50 or more for one with the Miele brand while a generic model costs less than half that price.
You can read all the Miele S2 Olympus Vacuum reviews here.
Miele have a reputation for building good quality vacuum cleaners. This German companycreate a lot of canister vacuumsand the Miele S5281 Callisto canister vacuum cleaner is a really popular one.
Featuring an ergonomic handle and telescopic stainless steel wand, the Miele S5281 Callisto comes with sound insulation so that this vacuum cleaner is very quiet.
You also get a sealed system with the Miele’s active HEPA filter which will remove 99.9% airborne allergens passing throughthe vacuum cleaner, including dust mites and pet dander.
The 1200W Miele Vortex suction motor comes with a seven year warranty, and as with most Miele vacuum cleaners the motor is really good.
You get an electric power brush for the low medium and high pile carpeting so this one vacuumcan be used throughout your house on the different floor types.
The vacuum comes with 4.76 quart IntensiveClean Plus dustbag.
What Miele S5281 Callisto canister vacuum cleaner customers like:
- The 10.5 inch wide electric power brush.
- The brush duster which is small with durable bristles.
- Parquet floor brush ( wider brush duster ) .
- Cord rewind mechanism is excellent.
- Very quiet.
- Easy to manoeuvre around the house because it is small and lightweight .
- HEPA filtration (especially for those suffering from asthma or hayfever) .
.. and what they didn’t like:
- The price
- The attachment release buttons are not very intuitive.
- Stiff no swivel hose.
- Bag full indicator actually appears to bean indication of how hard the vacuum is straining to suck.
The Miele S4582 Eclipse Canister Vacuum cleaner has a powerful 1200W motor using the innovative Miele Vortex Motor system to ensure maximum suction.
This cleaner comes with the SBD450-3 carpet/smooth floor combo tool and a deluxe handle assembly.
The HEPA filter in this vacuum will ensure more allergens are cleaned out of the carpet, and the air passing through the cleaner. The vacuum uses Intensive Clean FJM bags, and comes with 2 supplied with the Miele S4582 Eclipse.
Accessory tools include:
- Upholstery tool
- crevice nozzle
- dusting brush
One complaint with many vacuum cleaners is the length of the cable. The Miele S4582 Eclipse comes with a 29.5 feet operating radius.
What customers of the Miele S4582 Eclipse liked:
- Vacuum is very quiet thanks to silence-noise insulation.
- Very powerful motor
- Very light
- Easy to maneuver
- Excellent cord retractor
- No odour when vacuuming
.. and what they did not like:
- Cord could be longer.
The Miele S516 Cat & Dog canister vacuum cleaner includes a special filter made from activated charcoal to remove the smell of cats & dogs from your home and is perfect for low to medium pile carpets.
There is also a hand held turbo brush (STB101) to help remove the pet hair from carpet, stairs and upholstery.
The German motor on the Miele S516 is a powerful 1200W, and you get the Electric Power brush.
What Miele S516 customers liked:
- Does a good job of picking up pet hair.
- non-clogging hose & great suction.
… and what they did not like so much:
- Short cord.
- Bags are small.
The Bissell 89Q9 Lift-Off MultiCyclonic Pet is a bagless upright vacuum cleaner with a detachable canister.
The Bissell 89Q9 Lift-Off Multi-cyclonic has excellent suction power thanks to the 12 amp motor and its multi-cyclonic suction system. The 15 inch cleaning path means you’ll get your floorings cleaner quicker.
The Bissell Lift-Off Multicyclonic is a bagless vacuum cleaner, instead using a detachable canister that allows quick and easy emptying of the vacuum.
Other great features of this vacuum cleaner include:
- Adjustable height (7 settings) so you can taylor the vacuum to the floor type you need to clean.
- Dual edge cleaning.
- HEPA media filter post motor filter.
- Flexible stretchy hose to reach those above floor areas that collect the dust.
You get a few accessory tools including:
- the pet hair turbobrush to help clean that stubborn pet hair off your floor, furniture, stairs and upholstery.
- Crevice tool to get into those hard to reach nooks and crannies.
- upholstery / dusting brush.
This vacuum is excellent for cleaning dust, dirt, pet hair and even dry spills from carpets and bare floors.
This vacuum cleaner has great reviews on Amazon from those who have bought it.
Things that Bissell 89Q9 Lift-Off multi-cyclonic pet vacuum owners liked about this vacuum cleaner:
- Easy to maneuver & not too heavy
- extension wand with pet hair attachment
- long electrical cord
- Lift-Off features on stairs
- On/Off switch for brush roll
- Furniture protection guard
.. and things that owners complained about..
- emptying a bagless cleaner can be messy
- short hose
- short cord (note that this is subjective as one reviewer said it was nice and long).
The Hoover S3765-040 WindTunnel Vacuum cleaner is a bagless canister vacuum cleaner.
If has a number of great features including:
- 12 amp motor plus Hoover’s WindTunnel technology to provide outstanding suction power. Dirt is funneled away from the spinning agitators and moved into the bagless canister.
- Bagless so no more buying and replacing vacuum bags.
- 15 Power Nozzle has a low profile so that you can get underneath low furniture.
- Deluxe pump handle.
- Finger-touch speed control for variable suction and total flexibility.
- HEPA filtration system to make sure the air passing through and out of this vacuum is clear of allergens like pollen, bacteria and dust mite debris.
- The wheels on the Hoover WindTunnel S3765-040 are large and made of a soft material so they don’t mark your flooring.
- Telescopic wand for attaching tools makes cleaning above the floor level much easier.
Customers who reviewed the Hoover S3765-040 WindTunnel bagless canister vacuum cleaner on Amazon awarded this cleaner an average of 4 out of 5 stars.
Things customers liked:
- Great suction
- Aggressive beater bar
- Nice design with all of the controls easily accessible at your fingertips.
- Automatic power cable rewind
- Easy to empty dust bin
- Excellent at picking up pet hair and dander
.. and things customers did not like:
- Not all tools are stored on the vacuum cleaner
- No dirt sensor
- wand and attachment design could be better
Hand held vacuum cleaners are very useful for cleaning the car and other hard to reach places in your home where you cannot get your normal vacuum. This Eureka 71B handheld vacuum cleaner has a powerful 5.5 am suction power and a stretchy hose. Its ideal for cleaning carpets in your car, and getting down in between the seats and pockets. You can also clean upholstery and stairs with ease and get down behind the sofa cushions to get those biscuit crumbs.
At just 5 pounds in weight, its easy to carry around without tiring.
The onboard crevice tool is great for tight spaces, and the revolving brush has its own motor (another motor powers the suction of the Eureka 71B.
This Eureka handheld vacuum cleaner is bagless and the clear dust bin makes it easy to see when it needs to be emptied.
There is also a 20 foot cord that wraps around the back end of the vacuum cleaner for easy storage. At 20 feet, the cord gives you ample room for moving around the room or car, without having to re-plug the vacuum into another power outlet.
The stretchy hose also gives you more room for maneuver as it stretches up to three times its retracted length.
One Eureka innovation on this vacuum is the Riser Visor. The idea behind this clear plastic cover is that it stays down for cleaning horizontal surfaces, but flips up when vacuuming vertical surfaces like stair risers. This means the revolving brush can clean horizontal and vertical surfaces with ease.
The vacuum has a filter, and emptying it is a case of shaking out the dust bin.
This Eureka 71B handheld vacuum cleaner is one of the most popular handheld vacuums around, and the reviews from places like Amazon reflect its popularity. At the time of writing this, 551 people reviewed this hand held vacuum on Amazon, with 374 awarding it 5 out of 5, and 126 awarding it 4 out of 5. Just 51 reviewers awarded it a 3 or less.
What Eureka 71B Hand held users liked:
- Fantastic for getting pet hair off surfaces
- Hose is conveniently situated to get off the vacuum quickly and return it when finished.
- The riser visor for vertical
- heavy duty filter that seems durable
- clever storage of the crevice tool
What they did not like:
- It is a little bit big & a little heavy.
The Dyson DC23 comes in two models. The DC23 Turbinehead and the DC23 Motorhead.
The Dyson DC23 vacuums are canister cleaners with Level 3 Root Cyclone technology. The Turbinehead model has a turbine head for multi-purpose cleaning, whereas the Motorhead has a motorized brush bar to help remove dirt and pet hair from carpets.
Dyson DC23 Turbinehead features
- Root Level 3 Cyclone technology to ensure maximum suction and capturing of even the smallest dust particles.
- Turbine head brush bar is driven by air for cleaning short to medium length carpet. The brush bar can be turned off if required.
- Lifetime HEPA filter + Bactisafe system meaning the air expelled by the DC23 has up to 150 times less bacteria and spores) than the typical air you are breathing in.
- Certified asthma & allergy friendly by the Asthma & Allergy Foundation of America.
- 220 Air Watts constant suction power.
- Fixed wheel movement.
- Stair Cleaning design means that the vacuum fits between the stairs.
- 0.44 Gallon clear plastic dust bin.
- Stair, brush and crevice tools are included with this model.
- Weight 19.5 lb (8.8Kg)
- Level 3 Root Cyclone technology for the most effective suction ever.
- Telescopic Wrap system so that the vacuum can be easily stored.
- Motorized brushbar with powerful bristles for deep cleaning and removal of dirt and pet hair.
- Certified Asthma & Allergy friendly.
- HEPA + Bactisafe system.
- Hygienic and quick to empty.
- 220 Air Watts constant suction.
- Motorised brush head, stair tool, brush, crevice and hard floor tools are included with this model.
- Weight 23.89 lb with attachments (10.8 Kg)
Customer reviews for the Dyson DC23 Vacuum
If you own either the DC23 Turbinehead or the Dyson DC23 Motorhead models, we would love to hear what you think of them. You can leave your thoughts, comments or full reviews at the bottom of this page.
Being a relatively new addition to the Dyson vacuum range, the DC23 only has 4 reviews on Amazon at the time of writing this. However, those 4 reviewers scored this cleaner an average of of 5 stars out of 5.
What DC23 Owners Liked:
- Design of the cleaner.
- Extreme power of suction.
- The telescopic wand.
- The motorhead is impressive.
- “The new Level 3 Root Cyclone performs brilliantly at separating dust, sand, and large debris from the airstream more efficiently than past iterations of Dyson cyclone technology”.
- “ I have very expensive and old rugs with tassels. When the motorized brush runs over the tassels, the brush shuts off.”
- Compact design.
What DC23 Owners Disliked:
- Motorhead is noisy.
- Attachments from earlier models won’t fit on the DC23.
- Motorhead is so strong it can suck in delicate and fine rugs. Would be nice if there was a level control for older carpets.
- The hose will collapse if you step on it.
- Bin fills up quickly (but some might see this as a positive as it means the vacuum is doing its job properly.